Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

mdct posted:

Big Mom has never actually lost a fight in the series so far so I don't know where you'd get this as an example

I mean hasn't she only even taken damage once? And yeah, it was when she got caught off guard and Queen landed on her head, which didn't even really hurt her so much as make her temporarily much nicer.

She doesn't generally take damage, but she still kind of jobs. She gets knocked overboard by King and thrown around by Robin, for instance, and the Straw Hats escape from her on multiple occasions. Kaidou isn't like that; whenever he fights Luffy, Luffy gets knocked out, and he never ineffectually chases around Chopper or Robin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
big mom and her crew keep getting owned either circumstantially or bc shes on one of her force of nature tears getting caught up in her own recklessness despite being just as apocalyptic as kaidou which is a really fun convention lol

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The picture of mother Carmel caused a physical vulnerability for some reason. Like she has a supernatural defense that can turn itself off under certain stress

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Dear Oda,

Please let us get a chapter of Yamato punching Kaido in his stupid dragon face this week

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Good lord

https://twitter.com/pop15thmemorial/status/1432116025546485771?s=21

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

It really doesn't seem like Big Mom is being taken out here, there's basically no focus being put on her and as has been pointed out she's pretty much being kept at bay without taking any actual damage, so my guess is that after Kaido's defeat she'll bargain with Luffy for territory rights over Wano and Fishman Island.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

anime was right posted:

they posted this screenshot

I think the preferred term is glory hole.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

anime was right posted:

they posted this screenshot

This is the last sing Goatse's butthole sees before the ring.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Violen posted:

big mom and her crew keep getting owned either circumstantially or bc shes on one of her force of nature tears getting caught up in her own recklessness despite being just as apocalyptic as kaidou which is a really fun convention lol

It's this yeah. She's not literally losing, but she's constantly getting clowned on.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The picture of mother Carmel caused a physical vulnerability for some reason. Like she has a supernatural defense that can turn itself off under certain stress

Haki is tied to a person's willpower and emotions. Kaido was weakened when the samurai was fighting him due to sensing Oden's will through them, making his scar ache and likewise Enma is able to cut him. Big mom is similarly emotionally weakened when Mother Carmel's picture is shattered, which brings her to tears.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

gnome7 posted:

I am seriously having trouble trying to think of anyone else in the entire series who has been worf'd more than Jack. We've been told he's strong many times and he keeps going up against some powerful folks, but his only win so far was back when he attacked Zou, and even then ended with his crew wiped out and him taking a dirt nap on the bottom of the ocean for a week.

Also, when he attacked Zou, the only reason he won was because he used Caesar's instant debilitation war crime gas since otherwise the minks were slowly but surely beating all of his forces.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

It really doesn't seem like Big Mom is being taken out here, there's basically no focus being put on her and as has been pointed out she's pretty much being kept at bay without taking any actual damage, so my guess is that after Kaido's defeat she'll bargain with Luffy for territory rights over Wano and Fishman Island.

neither Big Mom nor Luffy seem like the bargaining types to me.. I mean Big Mom I guess will do that sort of thing, but only when the circumstances are so lopsided in her favor that the other side are basically subjugated and at her mercy - "You give us what we want and we won't kill you" sort of bargains. With Kaido and Big Mom I can't see either of them being sidelined. Either Luffy (or his companions) kill them or they will keep being a nuisance.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Conclusion of Big Mom's arc may happen in Elbaf and involve Usopp since he's been built up to be an ally of giants and Big Mom really really really wants to make amends with giants. A lot of Big Mom's techniques are references to Elbaf, like the spear of Elbaf, or that double tech technique she did with Kaido that was really similar to the one performed by Dorry and Brogy, and Usopp has been notably absent/humorously miss Big Mom whenever she appears.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

yum posted:

Conclusion of Big Mom's arc may happen in Elbaf and involve Usopp since he's been built up to be an ally of giants and Big Mom really really really wants to make amends with giants. A lot of Big Mom's techniques are references to Elbaf, like the spear of Elbaf, or that double tech technique she did with Kaido that was really similar to the one performed by Dorry and Brogy, and Usopp has been notably absent/humorously miss Big Mom whenever she appears.

usopp was directly acknowledged by big mom when she beat up ulti

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I love that big mom's personality allows her to be a huge problem for everyone involved whenever she shows up.

Especially her own side.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

anime was right posted:

I think the main point is Usopp's never been around when Big Mom used Giant techniques nor was he there to hear her backstory about how she's obsessed with Giants.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
is it completely insane to think that king's race (lunalians) are just the birkans

big mom says they're gone / destroyed, we know enel destroyed birka and big mom has no reason to know that his little gang is still alive

and the three non-giant races she's missing could jsut be the skypieans, birkans and shandorians

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

anime was right posted:

she didn't know she was talking to God Usopp King of Snipers and commander of 8000 men

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Julias posted:

Haki is tied to a person's willpower and emotions. Kaido was weakened when the samurai was fighting him due to sensing Oden's will through them, making his scar ache and likewise Enma is able to cut him. Big mom is similarly emotionally weakened when Mother Carmel's picture is shattered, which brings her to tears.

Pretty sure it's not just Haki switching off. I think her actual physical muscles are loosening.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Starsfan posted:

neither Big Mom nor Luffy seem like the bargaining types to me.. I mean Big Mom I guess will do that sort of thing, but only when the circumstances are so lopsided in her favor that the other side are basically subjugated and at her mercy - "You give us what we want and we won't kill you" sort of bargains. With Kaido and Big Mom I can't see either of them being sidelined. Either Luffy (or his companions) kill them or they will keep being a nuisance.

I mean, bargain was maybe doing some heavy lifting there. Perhaps more like Shanks and Whitebeard squaring off, but jumping straight to the fighting and screaming at each other because Luffy definitely isn't like Shanks, followed by Big Mom begrudgingly storming off and promising that it isn't over between them.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tbp posted:

is it completely insane to think that king's race (lunalians) are just the birkans

big mom says they're gone / destroyed, we know enel destroyed birka and big mom has no reason to know that his little gang is still alive

and the three non-giant races she's missing could jsut be the skypieans, birkans and shandorians

urouge has birkan wings and defeated one of her subordinates so shes at least heard of one

i think its more likely lunarians are a single race that split apart, and birkans, skypeians, etc are all tribes of the lunarian race

anime was right fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 30, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw,, the Vivi guest one shot was cute and I wan't her and her duck to finaly get on the boat

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Is this the most simultaneous fights at a time in One Piece? No wonder the anime needs so many filler episodes. Not complaining, just funny.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

:tinfoil:

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

My favorite part about one piece is reading an SBS answer like that and not knowing whether it could actually be true because Oda might actually be that crazy to hint something like that

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Strelok604 posted:

My favorite part about one piece is reading an SBS answer like that and not knowing whether it could actually be true because Oda might actually be that crazy to hint something like that

In the end the one piece was a guy starting the question corner early after pretending to be a Japanese 7/11 employee.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Bon Clay also loves to spin and twirl. It's all connected~

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This has nothing to do with anything, but I was doing a character design when I suddenly realize I had given one of my character's Arlongs nose, One piece is leaking into my art lmao.

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

so if King is a Lunarian and they used to exist but not anymore then Im has to be some kind of alien or descendant of aliens that took over the world right? I'm becoming more and more convinced that's what the void century was

What if devil fruits making you unable to swim was intentional to prevent people from diving and finding ruins after the world got flooded? that's max crackpot theory though, just coming up with stuff

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Strelok604 posted:

so if King is a Lunarian and they used to exist but not anymore then Im has to be some kind of alien or descendant of aliens that took over the world right? I'm becoming more and more convinced that's what the void century was

What if devil fruits making you unable to swim was intentional to prevent people from diving and finding ruins after the world got flooded? that's max crackpot theory though, just coming up with stuff

my theory still remains that the people that inhabited the lower part of the world had devil fruits and the world government flooded the planet. hence the need for an ark in fishman island and possibly why zunesha is cursed to roam around the planet since the world is too flooded to do anything. we actually saw something similar happen in long ring long island. water counters devil fruits, so it was easier to defeat the users by just... filling the world with water. this is why mary geoise is on the highest part of the world -- to survive a global flood.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Sanji is gonna go full Dragon Ball GT and generate the moon waves that make the animal folk power up even after the sun rises again

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

This has nothing to do with anything, but I was doing a character design when I suddenly realize I had given one of my character's Arlongs nose, One piece is leaking into my art lmao.

That’s a good design, just wanted to throw that out there.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/onepiecepodcast/status/1432361486861561856?s=21

I imagine she'll be using something like her Ushiwakamaru voice from Babylonia or her Amelie voice from Iruma. Either should work perfectly fine for Yamato.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Are Yamato's eyes weirdly huge looking or is it just me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

looks like anime

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
https://twitter.com/OnePiece_Sakuga/status/1432363964080525315

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
va should've been doing an impression of Oden's va the whole time smh

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm really going to bust a gut if wolf girl with daddy dragon issues really ends up joining the cast, like WTF talk about an eleventh hour addition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

gnome7 posted:

I am seriously having trouble trying to think of anyone else in the entire series who has been worf'd more than Jack. We've been told he's strong many times and he keeps going up against some powerful folks, but his only win so far was back when he attacked Zou, and even then ended with his crew wiped out and him taking a dirt nap on the bottom of the ocean for a week.

If anyone in the series is a Worf, it's the Smoker and Tashigi team. Their one win was immediately undone by Dragon showing up and just saying NOPE. Despite that, they've repeatedly been promoted and are presented every time as being super strong.

Why would anyone want to display a figure of the second most hateable guy in a 20 year saga? Even if you just, for some godforsaken reason, like the aesthetic, Ric Flair figurines are by far the better pick. I'm pretty sure they come with multiple fabulous robes you can switch out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Parrotine posted:

I'm really going to bust a gut if wolf girl with daddy dragon issues really ends up joining the cast, like WTF talk about an eleventh hour addition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i promise you trans strawhats are not stealing medals from cis ones