Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

OgNar posted:

Does it play without the launcher?
Debating on installing.

It was also free with games with Prime at some point, so you may have it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Catzilla posted:

It was also free with games with Prime at some point, so you may have it there.

Hey I totally forgot about that and I do.

Thanks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

RodShaft posted:

They're bringing back Microsoft Bob? Sweet.

Also Super Animal Royale just came out on switch.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-animal-royale-switch/
I don't think it used to be pay, but it's not on the recent releases page so it might be an early leak. I haven't seen news or anything about it

Looks cute. A 2d twin-stick fortnite? And 64 players? I’ll give it a shot

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 29, 2021

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

RodShaft posted:

They're bringing back Microsoft Bob? Sweet.

Also Super Animal Royale just came out on switch.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-animal-royale-switch/
I don't think it used to be pay, but it's not on the recent releases page so it might be an early leak. I haven't seen news or anything about it

I looked this up and it seems to be a free to play game. It’s also available on PlayStation, Steam, and Xbox.

Here’s the PlayStation link. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4735-PPSA02828_00-SUPERANIMALROYAL/

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Looks cute. A 2d twin-stick fortnite? And 64 players? I’ll give it a shot

It’s also on steam and I can attest it’s pretty fun from that platform

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

I tried Super Animal Royale on PC a few months ago. I didn't think it was very fun, but it also may have been in beta back then.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet but indiegala.com has Leisure Suit Larry 2, 3 & 5 for free right now.

Probably wasn't brought up because I bet those games are awful but if the smell of polyester and desperation in a hunt and click adventure game is your jam

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Larry 5 is good.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

A neat looking thing called Larger Than Light costs money on Steam, but is free on itch.io.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
48 hours left on this one.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This month's Amazon/Twitch Prime poo poo:

Knockout City (Origin)
Tools Up!
Sam and Max Hit The Road
Puzzle Agent
Candleman: The Complete Journey
Unmemory
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

The Kins posted:

This month's Amazon/Twitch Prime poo poo:

Knockout City (Origin)
Tools Up!
Sam and Max Hit The Road
Puzzle Agent
Candleman: The Complete Journey
Unmemory
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Loved Puzzle Agent and it's sequel. For a puzzle game, it's not so obtuse that you need to constantly look up wtf you're supposed to do. Short, but free is free.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Sam and Max Hit the Road is a loving classic. Some of the puzzles are a bit obtuse or require weird timing, but it's Lucas Arts, not Sierra so you can't die or make the game impossible to beat because you didn't throw a shoe at a cat.

The game is funny enough that I'd recommend just hitting up a walk through if you ever hit a wall.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Yeah I'll probably get Knockout City (probably won't ever play it but why not, couldn't hurt to have around), Candleman, and Unmemory.

Free stuff is free stuff

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Knockout City is very fun and absolutely worth checking out for a couple games.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yoku's Island Express is free on EGS this week: a pinball metroidvania about an adorable little dung beetle on a quest to become the greatest postmaster in the islands while foiling the machinations of the God Slayer. I love everything about that sentence.

It's also getting a new game mode where the main powerup items are randomly placed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Will there be sanity checking to make sure you don't get locked out of somewhere?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Play posted:

Yeah I'll probably get Knockout City (probably won't ever play it but why not, couldn't hurt to have around), Candleman, and Unmemory.

Free stuff is free stuff

ended up having to download TWO brand new game launchers to get these three games. did i get owned. it kinda feels like i got owned

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Cojawfee posted:

Will there be sanity checking to make sure you don't get locked out of somewhere?

Well yes that's the whole point of a randomizer mode.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Hwurmp posted:

Yoku's Island Express is free on EGS this week: a pinball metroidvania about an adorable little dung beetle on a quest to become the greatest postmaster in the islands while foiling the machinations of the God Slayer. I love everything about that sentence.

It's also getting a new game mode where the main powerup items are randomly placed.

I highly recommend Yoku, it's great game. Hoping they end up making a sequel someday.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Larry 6 is free on IndieGala, includes both the VGA and SVGA versions.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
the egs shopping cart thing gets rightly poo poo on but at least that box that says "share my email" is unchecked by default and i just wanna say i appreciate that small gesture and hope you have a great day!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think the EU made that happen

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
One of the early free games on EGS had the box text say "Keep this box unchecked if you would like to receive emails from the publisher", and it's the reason why I still double check what the text says to this day

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hwurmp posted:

Yoku's is amazing and everyone should play it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Fuzz posted:

This game is a lot of fun but I got hung up on the soot swinging up the tree. Aiming a spinning ball at a small target with a fake-out, lock-on, slow-motion miss over and over again is killing me. It feels like Getting Over It looks.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the clunky slowdown effect for the soot and slugs: bad

the rest of the game: good

wb
Nov 19, 2004
im cool

kirbysuperstar posted:

Larry 6 is free on IndieGala, includes both the VGA and SVGA versions.

i know the bar is low, but this is easily the best larry

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Fuzz posted:

Yep, loved this game on switch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

wb posted:

i know the bar is low, but this is easily the best larry

I never played 7 but..yeah probably

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

7 was okay, but yeah 6 was definitely the best one.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

7-6-1 and don't bother with any of the others. 6 has an extended "she's a man, baby, a MAN! And trans on male rape is hilarious!" scene.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Party Boat posted:

I think the EU made that happen

It absolutely did. gently caress auto checked boxes, may they never return.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Xander77 posted:

6 has an extended "she's a man, baby, a MAN! And trans on male rape is hilarious!" scene.

Oof, it's been long enough that I had totally forgotten about that.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://store.ubi.com/us/far-cry-3/575ffd98a3be1633568b4d6e.html?lang=en_US

Far Cry 3 is free on Uplay or whatever Ubisoft calls their thing now

repiv fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 7, 2021

Slavik
May 10, 2009

repiv posted:

https://store.ubi.com/uk/far-cry--3/

Ta been thinking about playing this again recently. Had to log in and out a few times to get it as it kept saying my CD or Activation code is not valid so it wouldn't add to my library. Stable platform as always Ubisoft. Been reminded I got Blood Dragon a few years back from another giveaway but still need to get around to installing it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

repiv posted:

https://store.ubi.com/uk/far-cry--3/

Here's the American link, it didn't like me trying to look at the UK store from a US IP

https://store.ubi.com/us/far-cry-3/575ffd98a3be1633568b4d6e.html?lang=en_US

Free there as well.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey, if you're gonna have one Far Cry game...well, 4 would probably be the one, but 3's a pretty close second. :v:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Splitgate is good fun, it's 50/50 Halo and Portal.

F2P but more like the TF2 model of useless cosmetics, which you can't even see in matches- from what I can tell your team will always be blue and the enemy will always be red. Nice n colourful but with, on the whole, pretty readable maps; it's pretty clear what surfaces are portal friendly.

Oddball is my favourite mode so far, gets hectic.