Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, I learned a lot about shields in the past few days, lol. Abyss mages pretty much have to be brute forced if you don't have their weakness, and Cryo is the only one immune to 2 out of the big 4, that happen to be what I run. Aside from getting swirled, it's all being whittled by raw damage that Kazuha greatly amplifies.

Fun fact, the Hydro mage really does just take more hits of its weakness than the others, and Electro mage is equally weak to the other 3 elements.

Glazius posted:

Cryo shields are also vulnerable to shatter, though you pretty much need a claymore backed up by XQ's sword rain to deliver that in any reasonable time. It's more noticeable on frost lawachurls.

This is true, but unfortunately doesn't apply to either mages or slimes because they're immune to frozen. It does work on lawachurls, shield mitachurls, cicin mages, and the regisvine's crystal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm missing some chests on Tatarasuna, anyone know where they are?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

kater posted:

I'm missing some chests on Tatarasuna, anyone know where they are?

over there, behind that rock

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wrt Sara I'm pulling her cause I think she's the best designed character in the game so far. Interesting look and story.

Baal is another character who might not be super op but I'm excited for. Using her looks so cool, who cares if it takes a couple of extra seconds to kill an enemy.

In general I think 2.0 is the best patch they've ever done. Inazuma is amazing to explore and now I can see they've still got it and haven't lost it since the beginning. I just get the welkin and I can get most characters in interested in. 5$ a month is a small ask for how much fun I've gotten from the game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Mailer posted:

ZL had plenty of internet slapfighting around his release. It was very much a time and place thing. Inazuma characters having this weird new on/off field design, Yoimiya being glitched into early public testing, and Mihoyo desperately trying to not make another Ganyu... it just creates a perfect shitstorm for reddit to scream about. Unless they screw up again and introduce some huge power creep then you'll see this for pretty much every release.

I'll still check out leaks and theorycraft teams around because that's the part of the game that's fun for me. I hope Shotgun Raisin is good because hoarding gems is boring, but I'm not going to plant my flag now as A Baal Main and then desperately try to sell her as the second coming. That poo poo is just weird.

Yeah I'm kind of figuring that which makes it kind of low tier discussion I just don't personally find engaging. Like I've just never found having performative meltdowns on social media to my taste personally so if its like that from now on and sadly I can see it being I'll be tuning even more out pertaining to banner chat more than I already do. It definitely feels like yeah they released Ganyu and Zhong Li and they are really ridiculously loving good and countless videos were made about it by the irritating youtube loudmouths that people pay way too much attention too, so now everybody has to of course act frankly kind of stupid and weird and have a 2021 online poo poo fit about every character that isn't quite as good which is probably going to be a quite a lot of them now. Like it's just lovely noise making to me and everything that sucks about the internet and modern gaming culture to a tee but like I guess for them it's a lifestyle or something.

Anyway had my first taste of co-op tonight with a buddy, but he's only level 20 and I'm level 60-70 for the most part so needless to say I just kind of bodied everything in his WL0 game. I can see it being pretty fun overall once he catches up to my WL though and things are a bit more balanced in that regard. I also liked how when he did his first domain of forgery I was also able to claim the prize at the end for the resin cost.

I also started reading some of the Honkai Impact manga and the whole thing comes off like a cross of Evangelion, Bayonetta, Sailor Moon and Gunbuster kind of. There's also a lot more of it than I actually thought and it's just kind of like the prequel material to the game itself. I'm also kind of surprised it's also rated T for Teen (actually 12+ since mobile seems to have a slightly different rating system), but at the same time I guess despite it having a lot more fanservice type stuff and blood and gore it also doesn't explicitly do anything to get it the MA-17 label that I've seen and T/12+ also carries with it probably the broadest criteria and coverage of games in general of any ESRB rating. It's just on the farther side of T than Genshin is at least atm by quite a bit.

e: Also as per usual from what I've seen Reddit doesn't even seem all that bad though when it comes to Genshin Impact. Like it's not super great high tier discussion but it's not absolute bottom of the barrel total hot garbage on purpose either. Like much as I don't care too much about people's random fanart at least it's not total toxic white noise bullshit and some level of effort was made somewhere that contributes something remotely productive to a community. Also occasionally people post good analysis stuff like what's going on with Baal's trailer and people seem grateful for it which is quite a concept these days. You know you actually get the sense that the people are fans of the stuff and that's the reason they're there.

It's hard to poo poo on reddit too much for me when Twitter and youtube by comparison are as always absolutely appalling though as is pretty much always the case with anything anime related being posted about on it. It's kind of just the difference between people posting stuff I'm not personally terribly interested in or find important but also not really explicitly going out of the way to be toxic baleful fucks to each other versus full throttle 24/7 shitlording. It's just like constantly people running over the same few talking points of hurr durr RIP muh wallet, durr hurr whales gonna x, reeeee Mihoyo greediest ever in history, harharhar your coping bruh over and over and over and over and over for everything like that's the only level of discussion to be had.

Kale fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 30, 2021

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lctfs9E8ZWA

Also for the record I think this old Simpsons clip just about perfectly sums up how I feel twitter is ultimately about or least evolved into. It's pretty much just endless 24/7 what Bart is doing here. :lol:

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
your life will be so much better if you just forget twitter exists

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Just start posting this endless tsunami of miserable people that you can't stop thinking about every waking hour so I can have context

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You're falling into the trap just paying any attention to those idiots

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/8dZdSSq.mp4

So what happened to the abyss mage shield here? I leave him with about 2/3 of shield left with a hydro aura and zhongli pillar at his side, next time he is in the frame he has like 10% of his shield left... Geo never seemed to do much vs any abyss mage sheilds even the electro ones and are they even vulnerable to electro charged? I feel like I'm missing something.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Abyss Mages are reluctant to move so chongyun's blade at the end of his skill probably smacked it

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Chong's blade, Geo pillar, and maybe some residual Electro-charged

Electro Abyss mage shields are very easy to break

For reference, it takes 16 Anemo/Geo procs to remove an Electro shield compared to 24 for the other three.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 30, 2021

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Forgot about Chong's skill blade, I'm still surprised that he lost half of his shield there but I guess all of that does add up.

Edit:

gandlethorpe posted:

For reference, it takes 16 Anemo/Geo procs to remove an Electro shield compared to 24 for the other three.

Yeah ok that does explain it, they just made them much weaker than the rest of the mages.

AParadox fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Aug 30, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

your life will be so much better if you just forget twitter bow characters exists

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
oz is cool and my friend
fischl is ok i guess

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
With the way pity works in this game, is it basically better to always do single pulls, or is there not really a difference?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Single vs 10 pull has no effect on pity. The only reason you'd do one over the other is whether or not you care about stopping on a 4*/5*

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Pity always carries over between banners so from the perspective of 5*s there's nothing wasted if you 10-roll and get a 5* character on #2 out of 10. You'll spend 8 extra rolls but you'll be 8 rolls closer to pity on whatever future banner you roll on too.

However, those 8 extra rolls are a chance to get another 4* from the banner. So if you don't care for any of the 4*s or already have them at C6 or something then it can be sliightly more efficient to single-pull to avoid getting an extra one.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Husbando alert

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1432281945132523521

Woof indeed

Also, Gorou speaks dog confirmed

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Aug 30, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Most important part of update for me:

quote:

Adjusts the frequency for the triggering of some of Ayaka's idle voice lines.

Nobunshi and Kairagi weight change will I hope make them more like fatui soldiers in behavior.

Imo this is also a pretty big deal, this had a lot of impact on how some abyss rooms played out:

quote:

3. When a character is attacked while immune to some DMG (e.g. when casting Elemental Burst), the shield's DMG Absorption will not decrease.

amazing, seems like a great update.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

I'm more dolphin than whale but if they release that little teahouse dog as a player character after they reset the double bonus top-up packages I'll buy them all so fast...if they had him hold a claymore in his mouth like Sif I'd probably cash in my bitcoin...

edit: also all of his voice lines on the character screen are just "Woof!"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mirello posted:

Baal is another character who might not be super op but I'm excited for

after missing venti and zhongli on their first banners and having to wait until they came around again, I'm pulling on all archons

Hexel fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 30, 2021

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Tae posted:

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/780532

2. Removes the Nobushi's skill to jump back.

3. Optimizes the combat experience when dealing with the Nobushi's sword-drawing technique.

4. Reduces the weight of the Nobushi and Kairagi.

Hopefully this means Kazuha can help gently caress them up just a bit faster. Having them jump out of the gently caress cloud was always annoying.

Maybe next they can remove from the jump back skill from the Fatui rifle skirmishers. Can't stand those fucks because of that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Now if only they would change hydro resonance so you would actually run two hydro characters in a team. Make it give you a boost to elemental reaction damage or whatever instead of healing.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
New abyss preview

With the nobushi changes 12-1-1 is venti/anemo freebie, maguu is back but on top side so restarting the fight should be less painful and 12-3-1 is just a dps/tankiness check.

I heard the new enemies in 12-1-2 are flying and we have the storm thing so this could be an issue, but with the 12-1-1 should be easy enough so we can take our time here.

12-2-2 looks extremely obnoxious, in my head this is 2 cryo cicins and a mirror maiden with hydro aura all starting in their own corner of the room, so bubbles and permafreeze forever if you can't snipe the maiden before the cicins shield up and start going after you. If they start all together then just move venti/anemo here and just cc/kill them with a freeze comp.

We already got a taste of 12-3-2 in an early inazuma event, this thing has an huge vulnerability phase after you kill the marked minion so he should be an easier dps check than maguu kenki.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

gandlethorpe posted:

Husbando alert

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1432281945132523521

Woof indeed

Also, Gorou speaks dog confirmed

Ok skipping Baal to save for Thoma. You can't beat that endorsement!

Also Sucrose and XL confirmed as the other 4* units as the leaks suggested.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm hoping the solitary tohma pic means 2 reruns for 2.2. It would really help me get back in decent shape.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder if there'll be a Zhongli rerun before the end of the year. I'm guessing probably not considering he was the second-most recent rerun but boy I'd really like one.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
this post is so bizarre to me: https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/pednzz/im_done_spending_money_on_this/

like this dude has spent thousands on the game and is upset because some of his characters arent that op? I really dont get it. to me the cool characters are nice but the world exploartion and story are the main draw, and they're both totally free.

I wouldn't post it if it was just a disgruntled whale, but I'm shocked everyone underneath is agreeing/ being really negative. like I get that guys like this are why the game is free, but it's so simple to me. if you dont like a character, dont get them. if you dont like the game, quit. nobody's forcing you to do anything. I guess there's the gambling addiction thing, but there's no difficult content n the game, and you can do anything other than abyss with just 4* characters (and you can do abyss with 4* characters if you're skilled enough). just cant understand getting constellations on 5*s unless you're like a youtuber getting paid for it or uber wealthy. I'd understand the complaints if they were necessary, but they're not.

like yoimiya for instance. I loved her design and personality, but didnt get her because her kit seems to be pretty trash, and I already got a diluc. If mihoyo releases a bad 5*, just dont get it lol. but even if you dont have diluc, one of the most meta pyro characters is xiangling, whose literally given for free. I guess I just dont get the mindset. if you've got the money spend it, but dont fuckiing complain when you made a bad decision.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I would like a Childe re-run, please and thank you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mirello posted:

this post is so bizarre to me: https://old.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/pednzz/im_done_spending_money_on_this/

like this dude has spent thousands on the game and is upset because some of his characters arent that op? I really dont get it. to me the cool characters are nice but the world exploartion and story are the main draw, and they're both totally free.

I wouldn't post it if it was just a disgruntled whale, but I'm shocked everyone underneath is agreeing/ being really negative. like I get that guys like this are why the game is free, but it's so simple to me. if you dont like a character, dont get them. if you dont like the game, quit. nobody's forcing you to do anything. I guess there's the gambling addiction thing, but there's no difficult content n the game, and you can do anything other than abyss with just 4* characters. just cant understand getting constellations on 5*s unless you're like a youtuber getting paid for it or uber wealthy. I'd understand the complaints if they were necessary, but they're not.

like yoimiya for instance. I loved her design and personality, but didnt get her because her kit seems to be pretty trash, and I already got a diluc. If mihoyo releases a bad 5*, just dont get it lol. but even if you dont have diluc, one of the most meta pyro characters is xiangling, whose literally given for free. I guess I just dont get the mindset. if you've got the money spend it, but dont fuckiing complain when you made a bad decision.
I think there's a lot of overdramatic negativity but it seems like it just goes hand in hand with gachas in general. I came to terms with it a few months back by just figuring this is the cost of doing dirty business, and I can't blame people for having a bad relationship to a game whose business model is nurturing dependence and milking completely.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I would like a rerun of any of
Albedo
Eula
Ganyu
Hu Tao
Jean
Klee
Mona
Venti
Xiao
Zhongli

as I do not have any of them, and if they had banners, I missed them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they were doing double rerun, albedo and ganyu would make the most sense

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

if they were doing double rerun, albedo and ganyu would make the most sense

The meltdown from having those in the same banner would be pretty amazing

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Gimme a kazuha rerun as I wasnt playing when he was released tyvm

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I pulled Diluc c2 on the Kazuha banner so I'd like to see him again.

Are Albedo's constellations good? The descriptions on all his poo poo is so wordy that my brain just turns off when I try to read them.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I had a dream that I got Raiden on the first pull and then I returned to this cursed timeline

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Canopus250 posted:

I pulled Diluc c2 on the Kazuha banner so I'd like to see him again.

Are Albedo's constellations good? The descriptions on all his poo poo is so wordy that my brain just turns off when I try to read them.
His C2 is very good, his C3 is unusually good because he is his E, the others are terrible. They're really not worth pulling for (like almost all 5 star constellations) as your comp will be improved a lot more by spending those wishes on other things (5 star weapons are a scam, but the good ones do a lot more than 5 star constellations most of the time).

EDIT: pretty big news in china:
https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-technology-business-china-arts-and-entertainment-aaaf26e80a6fab6d8e3de4613468ca30
Under-18s used to be able to play an hour a day, which I think shaped a lot of the design of Genshin, but now it's only one hour three days per week. Very curious how this will impact the game systems.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 30, 2021

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-technology-business-china-arts-and-entertainment-aaaf26e80a6fab6d8e3de4613468ca30
Under-18s used to be able to play an hour a day, which I think shaped a lot of the design of Genshin, but now it's only one hour three days per week. Very curious how this will impact the game systems.

That's 20 minutes a day, exactly resin spending + dailies~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

No Wave posted:

I was curious about that as well. Has Mihoyo even released any of their demographic info?