Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Hawkperson posted:

Also I never hate this thread more than when it’s full of puns. I realize I am only encouraging the puns by stating this. I regret nothing.

Yes, take the punnish-mint you deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't know, it's a fair sentimint.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I just think they don't have the menthol faculties to appreciate it

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Look, I know what you mint when you said you hate puns, it's just hard for us not to pepper(mint) our posts with them, no matter what an embarrassmint it ends up being.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Puns just make your brain turn to green jelly

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Puns just make your brain turn to green jelly
(you know the one)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

tried adding a tablespoon of yogurt into my chocochip cookie batter tonight, will definitely do that from now on

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The bottle of ginger beer feels as pressurized or more than a normal pop bottle so I'm refrigerating it now. Should be tasty.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mister Facetious posted:

The bottle of ginger beer feels as pressurized or more than a normal pop bottle so I'm refrigerating it now. Should be tasty.

Depressurise it first as it’ll continue generating gas.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

therattle posted:

I'll make sure to crack it before I go to bed.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

therattle posted:

Don't we all?

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Anyone ever done a few briskets in the smoker, fall asleep in the last half hour of cooking and only just barely save them from being overcooked? Because the feeling of waking up just in time to panic is the worst I've felt lately. The feeling of cracking into one of them and finding out I didn't ruin them is the best thing I've felt in a kitchen in a minute. I did a victory lap around the island and I'm not even ashamed.

Then I dropped one of them on the floor but no one that's going to eat it knows about that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It tastes like Doublemint gum ginger beer (since I used lime juice instead of lemon). :v:

It's not my preference, but the result isn't bad, and was an interesting experiment.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/status/1430247523810123778?s=21

https://twitter.com/nick_kapur/status/1430248025620848643?s=21

MAN.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Brawnfire posted:

"IT'S ALL THE MINT, LADY, THE WHOLE YARD IS THE FUCKEN MINT NOW. IT WON."
At that point, you re-fit your lawnmower to run on alcohol, and fuel it with white rum. Then it's Mojito Apocalypse!

Chard posted:

tried adding a tablespoon of yogurt into my chocochip cookie batter tonight, will definitely do that from now on

Stealing this.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Some of those stacks are taller than the guys cycling with them :stare:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
they still do it too, although i've never seen anyone with more than two servings at a time. i've seen them prepping soba to go out like that, and man those guys must've been loving stoked when plastic wrap was invented.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm so sick and tired of seeing people on food network serve something with "caramelized onions" and its a heap of barely even grilled onions. Words have meaning, assholes.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Having now made ginger beer with both white and brown sugar, I can say I prefer the added flavor of latter.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Hawkperson posted:

Finally, California passing some real laws

Also I never hate this thread more than when it’s full of puns. I realize I am only encouraging the puns by stating this. I regret nothing.

Non-pun mint-related content: the home ec teacher at school modeled her students’ first recipe today: “dirt pudding” with chocolate pudding, crushed cookies, a gummy worm, and a mint leaf “sprout” She likes me so I get to eat her samples sometimes, it was very cute and good

My birthday is quite near Halloween so this is essentially the cake my mom would make me every year as a kid-- just with little wafer graves and marshmallow ghosts on top as well and of course chocolate cake instead of pudding. It's what I default to when I think of "cake" in my head and drat I could do some damage to one right now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Haha I'm a near-Halloween birthday and my mom always did that too. Now my son's birthday is just a couple days before mine so I can do it for him!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

A friend of mine bought me a Sodastream. I should've acquired one of these things years ago; it's going to eliminate my second highest form of personal waste ( after my posting :rimshot: ).

Used the syrup I've been making for yeast carbonated ginger beer for the first bottle.

:iia:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7001457044918226182

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Mister Facetious posted:

A friend of mine bought me a Sodastream. I should've acquired one of these things years ago; it's going to eliminate my second highest form of personal waste ( after my posting :rimshot: ).

Used the syrup I've been making for yeast carbonated ginger beer for the first bottle.

:iia:

They're really good at being a dead simple way to do what they do, just sucks that buying syrup means you save no money over buying soda. On the other hand, if you use them as just another tool in your kitchen instead of having the sole purpose of carbonating water for lovely branded soda syrups, they open up a lot of possibilities for ya

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My problem with the Sodastream is I run out of gas right when it's most inconvenient to get more, every time. I end up still buying seltzer cause getting more gas takes way too much effort comparatively. Might as well save the extra effort and just stick to Polar.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

When I had a sodastream I paid the $60 for an extra tank so I'd never fully run out. Now I have my DIY rig which hits high enough carbonation levels for my tastes, and uses a 20 lb tank I've never had to refill.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

fizzymercury posted:

My problem with the Sodastream is I run out of gas right when it's most inconvenient to get more, every time. I end up still buying seltzer cause getting more gas takes way too much effort comparatively. Might as well save the extra effort and just stick to Polar.

I live above a DIY home brewing place, so I'll just buy a 5lb. tank and a line adapter when I feel like upgrading it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

BrianBoitano posted:

When I had a sodastream I paid the $60 for an extra tank so I'd never fully run out. Now I have my DIY rig which hits high enough carbonation levels for my tastes, and uses a 20 lb tank I've never had to refill.

I want to do this in an under sink system. Like, with a spigot right next to my kitchen tap. I certainly drink enough seltzer to justify it. I just need to figure out the chilling system.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I’ve now bought a barbecue.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

therattle posted:

I am thinking of barbecuing for dinner tonight, what are you having to Christen your new one?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

I am thinking of barbecuing for dinner tonight, what are you having to Christen your new one?

Isn’t the traditional method to have sex on it?

Probably Beyond burgers or sausages; if sausages then potatoes; plus maybe cauli steaks, corn, onions, leeks…perhaps watermelon brushed with sugar, salt and lime zest and eaten with mint and feta.

I also bought some briquettes made of discarded coconut shells, and a chimney starter.

Arkhamina
Mar 30, 2008

Arkham Whore.
Fallen Rib
We have the competitor 'Drinkmate' which let's you carbonate pretty much anything. I have discovered Monin flavor syrup - the coffee shop ones - which come in tons of fruit flavors as well as things like pistachio or hazelnut. Pistachio soda is actually pretty good. I am currently enjoying a Sangria syrup flavor soda with lunch. Monin's website has dozens on dozens of flavor choices.

Still have yet to carbonate cold brew, but that day will come.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We use ours with those little bottles of flavor drops. Seems fairly economical.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My addiction continues. I got a pound of crystallized ginger at the farm market and it's already half gone

My mouth hurts so good

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Brawnfire posted:

My addiction continues. I got a pound of crystallized ginger at the farm market and it's already half gone

My mouth hurts so good

Crystallised ginger is delicious!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

therattle posted:

Pics. We need pics.

POST YER BBQ

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

ExecuDork posted:

Pics. We need pics.

POST YER BBQ

I appreciate your excitement but it hasn’t arrived yet. And it’s not very exciting. I got a standard Weber 57cm.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have opened a cooking themed game of Mafia. A party game where you call other people liars on the internet. By cooking dishes you get boons to use in the thread.
Learn more about Mafia here.
Join the game here.
New players are welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Has anyone tried the Patagonia Provisions tinned fish? I'm running low on the better ones I can buy locally and wouldn't mind trying something new, even if it is more expensive.