Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

TheMightyBoops posted:

imagine moving over a thousand miles to make your kids worse.

The dyslexic kid is so hosed, just imagine the worldview that dad is espousing.

"We moved 1000+ miles, in a pandemic, just for you! And look, you're unexpectedly gifted! The institution we paid thousands of dollars said so, thus it is an absolute truth! You will be great....my son, you WILL be great."

The kid brother will be cspamming before he can legally drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Also lol that he moved 1100 miles just to do remote school anyway

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

anyone tried making a whiskey sour with ivermectin

you can probably replace the egg white with it depending on how much you use

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scags McDouglas posted:

I used to commute at least an hour both ways for miserable work making peanuts, now I sit in my house and make about 170K fiddling with Power BI reports if I feel like working that day. I cherish the difference sincerely but looking at other industries, the survivor's guilt is real.

I have friends in ms who are sitll working for 7.25 an hour lol. one of 'em is pregnant. good luck fuckos!!!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Atrocious Joe posted:

Illinois has over 500 schools with COVID exposures, but less than 5 people were exposed in literally every case so its fine
https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/school-exposures?countyName=Illinois

isn't today the first day lol

or is that just chicago area

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

oregon's slow transformation into a true red state continues unabated, and school starts in a week and a half! expecting good things for number

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

For sale: Children's Horse Paste, NIB.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kalensc posted:

look, you're unexpectedly gifted! The institution we paid thousands of dollars said so,

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

god drat oregon is starting to look really bad

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
methodically burying time capsules referencing the "funko pop wars" in my city in the hopes generations thoursands of years from now are convinced funko pops were the reason for the collapse of the us

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

is this another TPUSA stunt

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

euphronius posted:

it’s amazing people in Florida have not altered behavior at all

I'm seeing maybe a 10% uptick in mask usage, up to an astounding 20% or so. Everyone still gets real close when they talk to you because they stopped meaningfully interacting with the world in 1986

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

my COVID test came back negative, runny nose and cough ahoy though, may as well be before the labor day holiday!

Please lie to your employer that you moved in with high risk individuals or something, which is what I plan to do. I went in a full 5 days this month last week and now I'm sick. Avoid it if you can!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Question for all of you 3-shotters-

Did you mix-n-match for the booster or stick with the same vax as your first two?

My first 2 were Pfizer, but iirc Moderna has shown better results. The only reaction I had was a sore arm for a couple of hours so I'm inclined to get Pfizer again but I do want Max Titers.

Anyone have those titer charts handy that show efficacy over time and all that jazz?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

titty_baby_ posted:

Also lol that he moved 1100 miles just to do remote school anyway

I wonder if he curses the Schools. So furious is he, that he must spend time with his loingremlins like a common house wench. Children are tools to perpetuate your memory, not people with their own desires. To spend time with these filthy splooge sculptures is a nightmare onto itself!

Or at least I imagine rich people hate their kids.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T-Paine posted:

I'm seeing maybe a 10% uptick in mask usage, up to an astounding 20% or so. Everyone still gets real close when they talk to you because they stopped meaningfully interacting with the world in 1986

Yeah I know it's still the wild west on Friday/Saturday at places like local bars but I have noticed smaller crowds compared to the Summer Suck + gently caress peak before Delta variant hit the USA.

isaboo posted:

Question for all of you 3-shotters-

Did you mix-n-match for the booster or stick with the same vax as your first two?

My first 2 were Pfizer, but iirc Moderna has shown better results. The only reaction I had was a sore arm for a couple of hours so I'm inclined to get Pfizer again but I do want Max Titers.

Anyone have those titer charts handy that show efficacy over time and all that jazz?

I did Moderna for 3rd shot after doing Pfizer.

I would say I worse side effects from Moderna and it worked much faster (barf in the evening after getting shot in morning)

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Louisgod posted:

oregon's slow transformation into a true red state continues unabated, and school starts in a week and a half! expecting good things for number

where i am in Clackamas we're starting on-campus orientations and a potluck this week. it's coming.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok I had to dig up more about the 1100 mile guy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevingemeroy/

quote:

Kevin Gemeroy
President & CEO

Dynamic Computing
Jun 2001 – Present
Greater Seattle Area

I founded and lead Dynamic Computing, the Pacific Northwest's leading small to mid-sized business focused managed IT services provider. We provide managed IT services, IT transformations, and IT consulting for top-performing companies and organizations with just a few to a few hundred employees.

ENHANCE

https://www.dyncomputing.com/who-we-are/

quote:

A Brief History

Dynamic Computing was founded in the year 2000 at the height of the .com boom. As a fourth generation small business owner and entrepreneur, our founder, Kevin Gemeroy was strongly encouraged by his family to build something of his own from scratch.

Growing up in his dad’s paint stores, Kevin knew technology was something that many small companies struggled with. Fortunately, he understood IT well – he paid his way through college by working as a freelance computer technician. Dynamic Computing was born between classes while Kevin finished business school at the University of Washington.

Over the next decade, the company grew slowly but surely, expanding our client base and improving our offerings. Over the past few years, we’ve taken the company to the next level and built something that truly has a life of its own. The challenge has been not to lose sight of what made us great. We’ve always started by learning about the client and understanding their business on a deeper level, and followed through by providing the highest level of service and an using an approach that’s uniquely tailored to each client’s needs.

Over the past few years, we’ve focused our energy on growth, change, and improvement, scaling our operations and improving our processes with every step. Most importantly, we’ve embraced the use of technology and automation in everything we do, eliminating redundancies and manual routines. We’ve managed to triple the size of our team and revenues while consistently ranking among the best in class for industry performance.

So what’s next? We’re building the premier managed IT services company in the Pacific Northwest, and we won’t stop until we get there. We hope you’ll join us on our journey.

Failsons

Failsons all across the loving board

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 30, 2021

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Covok posted:

I wonder if he curses the Schools. So furious is he, that he must spend time with his loingremlins like a common house wench. Children are tools to perpetuate your memory, not people with their own desires. To spend time with these filthy splooge sculptures is a nightmare onto itself!

Or at least I imagine rich people hate their kids.

covid has shown me that a ton of people hate their kids, or at least are indifferent to the possibility of their suffering

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Hostile school board meetings have members calling it quits

quote:

In Vail, Arizona, speakers at a recent meeting took turns blasting school board members over masks, vaccines and discussions of race in schools — even though the board had no plans to act on, or even discuss, any of those topics. “It’s my constitutional right to be as mean as I want to you guys,” one woman said.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lol having children in America is such a cursed existence

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1432374831207657481

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I look forward to a future of no schools or hospitals

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

I, too, see no reason to follow rules when instead I can take advantage of my apparent wealth to do whatever I like and

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

19 o'clock posted:

I, too, see no reason to follow rules when instead I can take advantage of my apparent wealth to do whatever I like and

I'm glad that such people are loving off 1000 miles away.

1000 miles away isn't enough

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
democrats are so loving stupid

https://twitter.com/SarahBeckman3/status/1432393236912410626?s=19

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Duke moving forward with its "lol UNC" vaccine mandate https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1432132824748990464

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Tricky posted:

where i am in Clackamas we're starting on-campus orientations and a potluck this week. it's coming.

thankfully I don't think we're doing orientations this year (or maybe they're tba, who knows) but at least masks are mandatory. I fully expect for poo poo to hit the fan pretty quickly and for remote learning to be part or full time and honestly hope it comes to that.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

SKULL.GIF posted:

Lol having children in America is such a cursed existence

my spouse gets pretty upset at her parents for about a day when they suggest poo poo that doesn’t loving apply to parents now, like caring for kids 40years ago is easy mode compared to now. I mean yeah it’s a lot safer now due to myriad reasons;but the single issue of child care loving sucks now unless you never move and you have like 3 generations of family members sitting around to help . both parents have to work.

they don’t understand that there is no community and we’re atomized. hell, all the kids in my neighborhood go to different schools because of “school choice”

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

Notables: WV++ NE--

I'm never gonna be able to look at Missouri without seeing koolaid guy again it's like the fed ex arrow for me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

lmao "it's no one's fault!"

bonus, all the replies saying "no, it's China's fault"

the chinese are destroying your meritocracybrained destined for great things children's future

education matters especially when you wanna make your child a ruthless venture capitalist instead of a worker

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

ok i apologize in advance if i'm just ignorant but is "gifted" like a euphemism for something like autism or is the kid just literally dyslexic and if they hadn't upped and moved to some $100k/yr private school his kid would've remained without "treatment" and "support" and traumatized?

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying dyslexia isn't bad or anything, I am sure many kids suffered from people not taking it seriously enough and giving extra test time or whatever but I just feel like there are way "worse" things his kid could have turned out to be??

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

McNugget Buddy posted:

Ok I had to dig up more about the 1100 mile guy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevingemeroy/

ENHANCE

https://www.dyncomputing.com/who-we-are/

Failsons

Failsons all across the loving board

even better

managed IT exists to encourage companies to fire their permanent staff and outsource IT services, or takeover for striking IT staff

he runs a company of scabs

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I agree with the earlier sentiment that we cannot live with Covid, it puts way too much strain on our medicial infrastructure. Unless of course that’s the goal and in 5 years only the truly wealthy will have medicine and only via concierge doctors

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Clocks posted:

ok i apologize in advance if i'm just ignorant but is "gifted" like a euphemism for something like autism or is the kid just literally dyslexic and if they hadn't upped and moved to some $100k/yr private school his kid would've remained without "treatment" and "support" and traumatized?

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying dyslexia isn't bad or anything, I am sure many kids suffered from people not taking it seriously enough and giving extra test time or whatever but I just feel like there are way "worse" things his kid could have turned out to be??

gifted = despite his dyslexia he's destined for great things in this meritocracy and it will not hold him back from exploiting the working-class families down the line

do not make it a demerit thank you, i paid really hard for this education to work out for this

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Clocks posted:

gifted is just what all rich liberals call their children

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Remember Indigo children? lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Clocks posted:

He is the Larry Parish word

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Clocks posted:

Most rich people when their perfect broods have a flaw they to have to re-spin as being "gifted / special child!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
love to show off my nice double doors with my kids private school uniforms, real relatable