Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/sdutzeigler/status/1432404061521805314?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuddenlyAri
Feb 24, 2019

Tinfoil Hat Society
Nyx Destroyer

LOL

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Look at how northwestern this dude is lmao
https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1432365991795863562?s=20

Jenna Maroney stars with Rowan Brumbaugh in The Furor o'er the Rural Juror

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 31, 2021

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Rowan Brumbaugh and Rowan Brumbaugh in Spiderwick Chronicles 2.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Look at how northwestern this dude is lmao
https://twitter.com/TiptonEdits/status/1432365991795863562?s=20

Jenna Maroney stars with Rowan Brumbaugh in The Furor o'er the Rural Juror

I love that the graphic designer was like "what do teens like these days. iphones?" is he in the phone? is he emerging from phone? At a glance I thought the phone was like a full-body stabilization cast like Rachel McAdams wears in Mean Girls and was like, that feels appropriate for Northwestern hoops.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pretty bold to use a lynx as your "wildcat" instead of a mountain lion

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Pretty bold to use a lynx as your "wildcat" instead of a mountain lion

Actual wildcats look basically like house cats.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Henchman of Santa posted:

Actual wildcats look basically like house cats.

especially northwestern wildcats.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no they look like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
VT got 3 top 100 recruits on campus today for the VT-UNC football game including top 50 CG Rodney Rice, top 80 wing Tyler Nickel, and top 100 PF Braden Huff. Doubt we can pull Huff over Wisconsin and Gonzaga, but good chance to lock up the other two dudes.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
is clowney going to VT?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

News breaking that Allen Flanigan, one of Auburn's like entire roster of guys whose name you probably don't know but are entirely capable of having a breakout year and going in the second round, is out 12-14 weeks following ACL surgery for a non-basketball injury. Presumably misses the Battle 4 Atlantis (is it still the "Bad Boy Mowers Battle 4 Atlantis")? Hope the off-the-court circumstances were funny and not like tragic.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status/1435348153700659205

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Great Autismo! posted:

is clowney going to VT?

According to one of the South Carolina 247 guys w/ ties to Dorman, we lead heavily, and he's OVing this weekend. Most likely class is supposedly Collins (committed), Nickel, Rice, Clowney.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
what the gently caress https://twitter.com/ukcoachcalipari/status/1436009186324717579?s=21

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
perhaps it is not loyal to the proud tradition of the sandwich with canned cheese on it but that sandwich looks good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah that looks nice. gently caress duke and the ncaa

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

perhaps it is not loyal to the proud tradition of the sandwich with canned cheese on it but that sandwich looks good

Yeah agreed.

A weird thing to me is how Philadelphia people act like cheese steaks are pretty much one thing and exactly that one thing but every place I went to there asked me what I wanted on it and had several options.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Not out to be a sandwich purist, that is definitely a better sandwich than the Geno/Pat variety, but there’s gotta be a Philly based UK booster who can gently guide Cal to John’s Roast Pork or somewhere.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

elentar posted:

Not out to be a sandwich purist, that is definitely a better sandwich than the Geno/Pat variety, but there’s gotta be a Philly based UK booster who can gently guide Cal to John’s Roast Pork or somewhere.

That place was in New Jersey. He's recruiting DJ Wagner.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

This is probably my difficulty, as an academic I can’t imagine any higher purpose to a work trip than ditching it as soon as possible (or whenever the relevant library closes) to find the actual best food.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I suppose we oughtta talk about this here too, in case we have college basketball but not college football fans.

https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1436328966843949057

This seems pretty fun honestly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Would have been fun if Quentin Grimes was still at Houston

Sampson's back in the Big 12 suddenly

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kiimo posted:

He's gonna win the Big 12

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I feel like everyone gradually realizing they hate Cincinnati will be good on the basketball side. Maybe football too, but especially basketball.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Does the Big 12 keep it's top tier status with these invites? It's more prestigious than the American I guess but I'm not so sure.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yes the status is in the name which is why programs like notre dame still get treated like it

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

Does the Big 12 keep it's top tier status with these invites? It's more prestigious than the American I guess but I'm not so sure.

I mean for the purposes of basketball it's still an extremely strong conference, arguably the strongest one at the moment.

For football eh, but that's about to be moot whenever the playoff expansion happens.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Kirios posted:

If you buy in to Ken Pom and look at the 2021 rankings, Big XII swapped out the 26 (UT) and 39 (OU) teams for the 5th (UH) and 20th (BYU).

UCF (100) and Cincinnati (116) were not good in 2021 but were better than TCU (140), Kansas State (147) and Iowa State (171). Big XII had 7 in the top 40, while those other 3 lagged behind.

https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1436079329679589376

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
UCF is definitely going to be a drag but Cinci was primarily a basketball school until very recently and should at least be a solid tournament team most years

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Tyler Nickel got a committable offer to UNC and OVed this weekend; he's announcing tomorrow, imagine he's going to Chapel Hill.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nur_Neerg posted:

Tyler Nickel got a committable offer to UNC and OVed this weekend; he's announcing tomorrow, imagine he's going to Chapel Hill.

I was gonna bring that up because the last time I had a 247 subscription the Iowa guys all seemed really confident that he was going to wind up at UNC but you seemed so sure I figured something had changed

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

MourningView posted:

I was gonna bring that up because the last time I had a 247 subscription the Iowa guys all seemed really confident that he was going to wind up at UNC but you seemed so sure I figured something had changed

Yeah his offer wasn't committable yet then, they hadn't made their way down the list to him until this weekend.

E: Specifically they offered because Nova is getting Whitmore.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I forgot about basketball for awhile and missed (or forgot) Trevion Williams withdrawing and going back to Purdue. Boilers gonna be STACKED and will probably lose to like a 15 seed Eastern Juneau A&M or some poo poo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Poque posted:

I forgot about basketball for awhile and missed (or forgot) Trevion Williams withdrawing and going back to Purdue. Boilers gonna be STACKED and will probably lose to like a 15 seed Eastern Juneau A&M or some poo poo

nature is healing

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

gtfohwts

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://mobile.twitter.com/Bradley_B_Roll/status/1439422328618762247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

Five foot seven :aaaaa:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Do you know if jeff and stacy sheppards son is going to uk

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

vikingstrike posted:

Do you know if jeff and stacy sheppards son is going to uk

No idea. I hope he does. Legacy recruit, in-state kid, and highly ranked nationally. The latter is what's important to Cal, but the former means more to the fans. If he doesn't, our crazy fanbase might run Cal out of town for letting him get away.

The one challenge is I believe he plays the same position as Dejaun Wagner's kid, in the same class, who Cal is also going hard after. Watkins, in the video, is his step brother. But that's a Cal legacy, not a Kentucky legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

VT picks up a surprise commitment from 3* C Patrick Wessler. 7 footer with some decent offensive game, will need a couple years to contribute likely. What's hilarious to me is he was considered all but a lock to Providence before the head coach separated him from his family on his OV and demanded he commit on the spot or lose his scholarship offer, despite not having a backup C likely to commit. Now Patrick's a Hokie :V