Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Hrm, I have a few hours to think about it. I mean, it literally would be a resell purchase, whereas if I back the star saber it would 100% be a keeper.

Shipping that thing would be absolutely nuts though.

Basically just keep everything in it's original shipping box. Open the box to ensure it's all good then put it back and store it until sold.

edit: damnit, quoted for new page

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Awwwww yisssssss

Mutha
Fukkin
Delinquent cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

People did exactly that with pre-ordering multiple sentinels and since this is a "made to order" type model, not at all. It'd be a completely different story if you were hoarding limited quantities and jacking up the price.

If one of you evil bastards did this I could use a sentinel.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I went that goddamn Jason 7. drat you neca for making it impossible to find

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CelticPredator posted:

I went that goddamn Jason 7. drat you neca for making it impossible to find

I find it deeply troubling I was able to get Armored Darkseid before Jason 7

Something is hosed with NECA's shipping right now

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Never had this much trouble before. Even with the exclusives I still found them during the first run. Just hard but not impossible!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Awwwww yisssssss

Mutha
Fukkin
Delinquent cats

Tell me more about these little hooligans

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

If one of you evil bastards did this I could use a sentinel.

I only got one but Hasbro absolutely should re-open the campaign again soon. The original did great but was during a time when people may not have had the money due to COVID. They'd be stupid to not make more once this initial production is done.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

How Wonderful! posted:

Tell me more about these little hooligans

They are the newest release by Bird Ark- You can follow them on IG https://www.instagram.com/bird_ark/

They also has the Afro Cat as well. I know they sold out of the black pompadour cat but I don't know if they still have others. They'll put out more colorways in the future.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That mohawk communist cat is amazing!!!

I don't want to poo poo up this place too bad with questions, but do you know anything about resin toys as opposed to soft vinyl?

Are those just molded and poured? Any resources for cutting in articulation?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

They really need to do one of the Raimi version.

I seriously thought the Doom head for Galactus was based on some comic I never read but apparently it's just because? What a weird idea.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

That mohawk communist cat is amazing!!!

I don't want to poo poo up this place too bad with questions, but do you know anything about resin toys as opposed to soft vinyl?

Are those just molded and poured? Any resources for cutting in articulation?

I only really know a small bit about resin stuff (I made the first version of my Witch Cat Lulu in resin) but not really enough to give you any detailed instructions etc. Yeah it can be made at home (ventilation ventilation ventilation) with a minimum amount of equipment to a LARGE amount of equipment depending on how deep you want to get into it. Look up bootleg toys to see makers who do wild stuff with it, like Sucklord, Dollar $lice Bootlegs, and many many more.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Was finally around two different stores that carried toys and they actually had He-Man stuff there much to my surprise. It brings back memories, I didn't buy anything mind you. There was no sign of any actual He-Man or Skeletor figures. But oh man there were two there that littered the shelves and pegs.

Rolls of Ram Man and Clamp Champ. There were so many of those two I was left wondering if they over shipped them or not. Both places were packed with them. Little of anything else.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Awwwww yisssssss

Mutha
Fukkin
Delinquent cats

Is that cat supposed to be one of the guys in that anime that used to be on 1am toonami?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Joe Fisto posted:

Is that cat supposed to be one of the guys in that anime that used to be on 1am toonami?

Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho? He's a fairly generic delinquent in appearance, and he has gold buttons and no undershirt while the cat has silver buttons and a yellow undershirt. Kuwabara was probably an inspiration because everyone loves Yu Yu Hakusho and Kuwabara is the best character in the show, but it's not a 1 to 1 match

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gripweed posted:

Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho? He's a fairly generic delinquent in appearance, and he has gold buttons and no undershirt while the cat has silver buttons and a yellow undershirt. Kuwabara was probably an inspiration because everyone loves Yu Yu Hakusho and Kuwabara is the best character in the show, but it's not a 1 to 1 match

That’s the guy I was thinking of!

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hes basically a 1970s-1980s high school delinquent stereotype known as a bancho. The outfit he has on is called a gakuran, a standard high school boy's uniform, but open jacket because he doesn't give a h*ck. 😼

Here are real bancho on the left, fictionalized on the right.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Burkion posted:

I find it deeply troubling I was able to get Armored Darkseid before Jason 7

Something is hosed with NECA's shipping right now

They said they were shipping him to Walmart first, but were beginning to ship him to other retailers last week.

For what it's worth, BBTS sent me an email that they expect to him in Sept.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
BBTS cancelled a preorder on me for the first time because they couldn't get their order fulfilled. Now how will people who visit my apartment know I like Sailor Moon?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiroc posted:

BBTS cancelled a preorder on me for the first time because they couldn't get their order fulfilled. Now how will people who visit my apartment know I like Sailor Moon?

By telling everyone Tuxedo Mask is a total lush.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

gently caress

https://twitter.com/bluefinbrands/status/1432505727378071558?s=21

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I think I like the first ronin Mando color scheme, but if the stroller has built in weapons I'm sold.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I wonder if he has a little mudhorn emblazoned somewhere and whether that sheathed katana is the darksaber.

These aren't 1:12, right? They're more like 7" tall? Hmmmm

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I won't get my Sailor Mercury statue but my Sailor Chibi Moon figurarts and Sailor Moon Eternal arrived.

Chibi Moon is really nice for how small the figure is. The paint to get the shading in the hair is well done.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hes basically a 1970s-1980s high school delinquent stereotype known as a bancho. The outfit he has on is called a gakuran, a standard high school boy's uniform, but open jacket because he doesn't give a h*ck. 😼

Here are real bancho on the left, fictionalized on the right.

I believe Bancho refers mainly to the leader of the groups, the style and culture itself being Yankii.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I believe Bancho refers mainly to the leader of the groups, the style and culture itself being Yankii.

It's a really out of date term, but it referred to the delinquent groups themselves (sukeban was the term for girl delinquents). Yankii were after bancho and is the more modern version.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

YESSSSSSSS

I AM SO GLAD I WAITED

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It's a really out of date term, but it referred to the delinquent groups themselves (sukeban was the term for girl delinquents). Yankii were after bancho and is the more modern version.

Yeah, Bancho is defined by that specific era and look. The look and title has changed over the years

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

YESSSSSSSS

I AM SO GLAD I WAITED

Goddamned Daigrogu in his cart. I'm so stoked!

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
Lone Mando and Cub looks really amazing, they gave him his topknot and everything.

I finally got very lucky and found an ahsoka for 10% less than retail price, the guy I bought it from had some stuff in damaged boxes my spouse wanted and sold this to me as long as I bought those too for the same price. Singaporean's can be very fussy about damaged boxes (to the point that the p-bandai-SG brown mailer boxes have a text explaining that they aren't part of the actual toy's package and refunds won't be issued if they aren't MINT) and so this was his way of getting rid of some stuff he'd have a hard time moving otherwise. Worked out good for everyone involved. Was a 3 hour round trip train/bus/lrt ride to get it, but I'm very glad I did. Ebay prices are literally three times what I paid for this.

I... talked myself out of Galactus at the last minute yesterday. We don't have haslab here, so they must be preordered through some local shops, and they're $650 with a $50 deposit. So I want to wait and see one in person first, I can buy one when they arrive next year from a few different shops here for $700 instead. If it had been firelord and/or airwalker as the final stretch goals I would have gotten it for sure. I'm 95% sure I'm going to get one when they arrive, but don't want to sign away that much money on something I'm not 100% on yet.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I only really know a small bit about resin stuff (I made the first version of my Witch Cat Lulu in resin) but not really enough to give you any detailed instructions etc. Yeah it can be made at home (ventilation ventilation ventilation) with a minimum amount of equipment to a LARGE amount of equipment depending on how deep you want to get into it. Look up bootleg toys to see makers who do wild stuff with it, like Sucklord, Dollar $lice Bootlegs, and many many more.

Thanks for the info; lots more googling to do.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I also talked myself out of Galactus. With getting married stuff happening, it's not the best use of money right now! Probably for the best. It's not like I actually have anywhere to put it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
haHA stupid crap!

I've been adding things to my pile of crap I plan to hang on my scifi arsenal wall. I was at a shop and they had a broken Photon set for $100 and all I wanted was the pistol, they wouldn't part it out despite it being visibly busted. So $18 on ebay later and I have two more stilly toy guns.

AND THEY WORK

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

haHA stupid crap!

I've been adding things to my pile of crap I plan to hang on my scifi arsenal wall. I was at a shop and they had a broken Photon set for $100 and all I wanted was the pistol, they wouldn't part it out despite it being visibly busted. So $18 on ebay later and I have two more stilly toy guns.

AND THEY WORK

Totally just a byproduct of me not being white, but I can't imagine being able to buy and play with toys like this as a kid outside or even as like a cosplay prop since I'd probably get shot by the cops.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno doesn't have time for outside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like that a bunch of you imagine that I'm a fat lover who lives in his mom's basement.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhyno posted:

I like that a bunch of you imagine that I'm a fat lover who lives in his mom's basement.

If Age of X-Man taught me anything it's that there's nothing wrong with a fat lover.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

No we think you're a fat lover who lives in your own basement that you've posted photos of, gosh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

If Age of X-Man taught me anything it's that there's nothing wrong with a fat lover.

I'll take it.

I should share my fitness journey posts outside of AI.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I'll take it.

I should share my fitness journey posts outside of AI.

AI?

...are you a Transformer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1432738497945821185?s=20