Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Speaking of the elastomeric elite.

My 3M 7500 came a few days ago and I've been rocking it when I need to venture out since. Definitely more comfortable and seems a better seal than my Honeywell models. Also despite not having a speaking diaphragm, I seem to be able to speak more clearly while wearing it than in the Honeywell models that don't have a diaphragm, and about the same as the one that does.

One question I've had for the other elastomeric elite though; how should one handle trips to the doctor for poo poo like COVID tests or routine stuff? Since like, yeah, you kind of have to take the mask off to get tested or often examined. But obviously the waiting room is pretty dangerous so I always want to be masked up in there. So far my operating procedure has been to wear it in the waiting room and when I get into the exam room, as prompted, to quickly take off the respirator and shove it in my airtight plastic bag I have with me, and swap to wearing a KN95 until I am able to get outside at which point I respo back up. Just wondering if that's SOP or if there's a better way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

RadDickOwl posted:

I missed something, what's wrong with Eric?

You cannot credibly say "no one could have known", if someone tells you in advance.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

Glenn was right and liberals want to ban anyone giving any news that makes them feel bad.

Glenn is by definition a liberal (american libertarians are liberals), bud I don't see him wanting to ban anyone

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Not sure where this is being posted, might be some non-public network for HCW, but it’s getting down to spring 2020 ventilator shortages again

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Not sure where this is being posted, might be some non-public network for HCW, but it’s getting down to spring 2020 ventilator shortages again

Oh poo poo
multi-vent

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
quadrupling up, very cool and normal

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Solvent posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea about this.

nobody loving seems to know what dysgraphia even is!

150 overall IQ when I was in elementary school, 136 Motor 152 Verbal.

I was put on that gifted track, it did me little good. 99.9th percentile in the state of California on standardized tests till 6th grade. Then I basically became a walk away. IQ is such bullshit. Who lets a 12 year old be responsible for caring for themselves in America? loving stupid people, that’s who. The same stupid people who make a child’s decisions regarding medication and education.

Thank you for your time. I’ll now pay, pull forward and pick up my Dave’s classic combo at the next window.

early existential crisis from strong anxiety or depressions are also thing associated with the learning difference and good programs try to teach kids how to cope with that too!

basically if you have kids expect then to crack ping in late elementary or early middle school.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

oh no this person posts actual good info about a global pandemic that has killed millions and will kill millions more :qq:

i will fight that person irl and online lets go

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I mean we really shouldn’t even bother with intubation right? Seems like a waste of time.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FistEnergy posted:

quadrupling up, very cool and normal

QUAD DAMAGE

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Steve Yun posted:

human ventipede

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

early existential crisis from strong anxiety or depressions are also thing associated with the learning difference and good programs try to teach kids how to cope with that too!

basically if you have kids expect then to crack ping in late elementary or early middle school.

I remember I started getting panic attacks at like 12 and not having a loving clue what they were. I didn't get diagnosed with an anxiety disorder until I went to college and had the chance to talk to the campus RN directly.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Joined respirator crew today. Tried using the RZ mask someone recommended earlier and it did not work out. Replacing the filter is way too finicky and frustrating. The valve is easily damaged. Hopefully the HF-803SD mask will work out better.

the power of the 3M HF800 series is unparalleled

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Koirhor posted:

I mean we really shouldn’t even bother with intubation right? Seems like a waste of time.

THIS IS HOW THEY KILL U

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Louisgod posted:

these people provide nothing of value to society and think that because they've gathered a bunch of followers on a shitass site that they have the clout to bully whomever threatens their cushy liberal worldview

There was a significant Twitter population of Very Smart Liberals back in June talking about how insane anyone who continued to mask was, wonder where they took their Cave Syndrome essays to.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

dont even THING about fuckin with my Feigl-ding

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Eric Feigl-Ding is such a poster. just thinking and tweeting about covid 24/7

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

THIS IS HOW THEY KILL U

me? nah I’ll be fine I have an immune system

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Please consider whether this is the appropriate thread for this content

it makes judakul pissy, which is appropriate content in any thread.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

https://twitter.com/kept_simple/status/1432390545729544200?s=21

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Koirhor posted:

only for the vaxxed

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ah yes, the crucial right to demand that your doctor give you what the gently caress ever snake oil instead of an effective treatment

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Lovelyn posted:

Finally came today! Also ended up ordering the double sided one in black v neck to be cut into a tank top, excited for it to arrive

I should have gotten one of the cool pink respirators. I've seen a few in town and they are rad.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mistermojo posted:

Eric Feigl-Ding is such a poster. just thinking and tweeting about covid 24/7

it's his turn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A lot of otherwise good posters on the bird site hate crackl-ping because they consider him to be a doomer, just dont ask them to point out something hes been wrong about

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1432497124407709697

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

A lot of otherwise good posters on the bird site hate crackl-ping because they consider him to be a doomer, just dont ask them to point out something hes been wrong about

He's really bad about overusing percentage increases without specifying the raw numbers , and hyping up a ton of poo poo hoping he's right, but who amongst tus

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Why did that evil cartoon nurse lady think she was going to get "unemployment? "

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Rubby posted:

your HR department have a critical infestation of the brain worms

jfc

Shear Modulus posted:

HR departments have been trained for decades now that what employees want isn't pay or benefits it's thoughtful gestures that make them feel appreciated and have fun at work like pizza parties or casual friday

this is hilarious because it isn't HR's doing, it's nursing leadership...like people with active RN licenses

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lol

:unsmigghh:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
open Biden tho

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

hey that’s great

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
can’t even break 300k cases daily; pathetic

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

mrbotus posted:

Why did that evil cartoon nurse lady think she was going to get "unemployment? "

theres a huge number of people in this country that think unemployment is only for people who actively choose not to work

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

mrbotus posted:

lol she's a phlebotomist not a nurse

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Number Munchers rules

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Bone Crimes posted:

I should have gotten one of the cool pink respirators. I've seen a few in town and they are rad.

I've yet to see a respirator in the wild. I'm missing out. Are you where the fires are, by chance? Maybe a lot of the respirators got snatched up to do double duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Why is every pharmacy being such assholes about Making Sure You Qualify for the booster