Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Booky posted:

honestly i think the aa trilogy on switch looks alright, but i think they just replaced the og sprites with the artbook versions??

apparently its better than the old 3ds/ios version too?

the ios version is dog poo poo. 3ds is basically the same as switch but at a lower resolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the original ios version was good and its lost forever

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

tuo posted:

I bounced off of Skyward Sword back on the Wii due to the stupid controls, but gave it another try on the Switch. Controls are (mostly) fine, but oh my god is this game way too long. Seems like I’m at something like 70% of the game done, and everything about that stupid desert is just way too long.

Finally got a fun weapon though.

I finally finished the game yesterday. The devs must have been trying to pad their employment time or something cause the game should have ended like two encounters prior. gently caress you, demise!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

the original ios version was good and its lost forever

like doom RPG
:(

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
No one ever mentions the Wii ports of Ace Attorney so I assume they must be crap

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

thank you nightdive goons whenever you are for the bountiful content in this Quake port.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

thank you nightdive goons whenever you are for the bountiful content in this Quake port.

God, it's loving perfect.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Check one of the rooms on the second floor of the motel, it’s in a crate there

Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

New rumours based on old info (that was datamined and was partially proven true with the SNES stuff)

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1432507186513682434?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

New rumours based on old info (that was datamined and was partially proven true with the SNES stuff)

I feel like those articles happened around this time last year too? Or maybe that was the N64 we were definitely going to get around the renewal time

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
I keep thinking to myself "oh, the reason they're not putting out GBA games is because they eventually want to add GBA to Online in like three or four years" and I can't tell whether that's wishful thinking or just me being stupid. I mean it's not even like "it'll be in four years" is actually wishful thinking, that just sucks.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The only Game Boy games I give a poo poo about are Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Mega Man V and there's no way they would be in Online.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

hatty posted:

No one ever mentions the Wii ports of Ace Attorney so I assume they must be crap

They were actually really good! It's how I first played the series, and because of how they structured the release of AA1's bonus case (coming out well after Trials and Tribulations) it's resulted in me having Opinions on Rise from the Ashes.

Mechanically, they worked fine. There were a only few points where the interface split into two vertical screens (mostly the main menu), and they didn't bother having any Wiimote pointing for the various segments; as a result, it looks and plays like it's an uprezzed version of a GBA game, which the ports basically were. However, it's worth noting that they're precisely that: ports. The newer releases do things like "mark off what things you've examined" and "light up the cursor if you're pointing at something that matters", which really makes a difference in a game like AA.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Would you guys say Slay the Spire is worth it for 3 bucks? Heard lots of good things from this thread, as a context I enjoyed Dicey Dungeons until I got to the characters I didn't like and got repetitive.

Alternatively I could get Yooka Laley and the Lair for free, enough gold points for that. And I'm kind in the need for a new game to waste time until I fully recover. I would get NMH3 but 60 bucks right now would kind of hurt.

I bought Slay the Spire in June and haven't stopped playing it since. It's the most fair difficult game I've ever played. I bought it on the Switch and on Steam and if it was priced at $60 I would still recommend it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only Game Boy games I give a poo poo about are Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Mega Man V and there's no way they would be in Online.

Pretty much. Outside of the Zelda, Mega Man, and Mario/Wario games, what's the point of having a gameboy VC?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Pretty much. Outside of the Zelda, Mega Man, and Mario/Wario games, what's the point of having a gameboy VC?

legend of the river king

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

OG Tetris music, I guess.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

pokemon and pokemon tcg and harveest moon gbc

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
they will release the darkwing duck gameboy game and someone can show me how to beat that loving spider boss that always killed me

e: oh wait sorry, i, actually thinking of maui mallard in cold shadow, bc for some reason the gameboy had multiple duck based platformers

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mister Facetious posted:

https://youtu.be/WbsX3KxeW7U

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm sorry to say Baldo pretty much sucks

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Midjack posted:

That poo poo is available in Tetris99.

What's REALLY missing are the tracks from the superior, NES Tetris. :colbert:

I changed my ringtone to "Music 3" a while ago, and it's still the best.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

zachol posted:

I keep thinking to myself "oh, the reason they're not putting out GBA games is because they eventually want to add GBA to Online in like three or four years" and I can't tell whether that's wishful thinking or just me being stupid. I mean it's not even like "it'll be in four years" is actually wishful thinking, that just sucks.

in three or four years we'll be on Switch 2 and they will have just started re-releasing the NES games from the beginning

Mister Facetious posted:

so that Konami can disappoint me by yet again not releasing Metal Gear Ghost Babel on it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wait you dont already have Ogre Battle 64 on switch?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Weedle posted:

legend of the river king

I thought that was a SNES game.

Midjack posted:

It's me; the guy that prefers the NES version.

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021

Mister Facetious posted:

Kirby, Kirby 2, Kirby Pinball

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Balloon Kid, Donkey Kong '94

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Qix

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

the quake remaster frickin' owns

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Trucker Hat posted:

Don't see the point when Kirby Super Star perfected the formula.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Mister Facetious posted:

Mole Mania

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought that was a SNES game.

there is a snes one but it was japan-only. the game boy games were the first ones to be localized

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People here forgetting Gargoyle's Quest, shameful

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Given how much the NESflix and SNESflix are based on their work done for the NES and SNES mini consoles, I wonder if this means a Gameboy mini is around the corner?

hatty posted:

They're fine, but there's nothing to talk about since they use the original GBA/DS pixel art, so they look the same as those versions, just on a TV. Also since WiiWare died there's no way to buy them or anything so they're not under consideration. I also think they did something weird with offering some of the cases piecemeal as DLC add-ons or something like that?

Booky posted:

honestly i think the aa trilogy on switch looks alright, but i think they just replaced the og sprites with the artbook versions??

apparently its better than the old 3ds/ios version too?
The Switch version clearly has the most cleaned up version of the high res artwork so it looks better than the mobile version. The 3DS version is based on that artwork too (and not the pixel art, for some reason) but since it's downscaled so much the flaws aren't so bad.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Aug 31, 2021

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsV_ed9XiQ

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

hatty posted:

People here forgetting Gargoyle's Quest, shameful

I have a snes classic, so it's on there. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mister Facetious posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about the Mario/Wario Land games. Those are first party too so we'd actually probably get all of them.

Stux posted:

pokemon and pokemon tcg and harveest moon gbc

The Pokemon games would definitely not be on it, the TCG game might but also probably wouldn't. Harvest Moon, I'm gonna say not a chance in hell due to the legal mess regarding the Harvest Moon name, it's probably why they haven't released the SNES Harvest Moon game either.

Trucker Hat posted:

The original Kirby's Dream Land was cool at the time but with no copy abilities and only four levels I can't be excited about it, especially when Kirby's Adventure, Kirby 3 and Kirby Super Star are already on the Switch. Being able to play Kirby 2 again might be nice, I guess.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Just got my switch unpacked and hooked to the tv so I can play it on a big screen for the first time in a year. Unfortunately, I still can't find my pro controller in all my boxes. Is the pro controller still the go to best one out there? It's been 2 years so I'm going there's been improvements of fixes to the d-pad before I buy another if I need to

Bullet Proof
Sep 3, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I'm sorry to say Baldo pretty much sucks

Dang, really? I thought it looked so good. What are your main issues with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Your Computer posted:

now that they've made a Link's Awakening remake the next game on the list better be Zelda 2 :colbert:

I'd rather a redo of the oracle games but also make the full 3rd oracle game too

Mister Facetious posted:

Rolan's Curse 1 & 2, Sword of Hope 1 & 2, Cosmo Tank, those Crazy Castle games that went through a bunch of different licenses like Roger Rabbit, Ghostbusters, Garfield, Mickey Mouse, Bugs Bunny, and Woody Woodpecker