Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

brugroffil posted:

Anyway it's good the levees held

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

mistermojo posted:

too much hype for this one so the reality of a big storm stranding millions in water and without power is deflating

same as Harvey lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol what the gently caress I go out looking at houses and condos and poo poo and walk around the city drinking a ton and come back to hot takes about dogs and poo poo wtf

Der Meister posted:

gas this thread

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Good soup! posted:

lol what the gently caress I go out looking at houses and condos and poo poo and walk around the city drinking a ton and come back to hot takes about dogs and poo poo wtf

its worse than that because

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1432370718906494982

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lmao what the gently caress

Fighting the power by uhhh going crazy at a random weather reporter (????)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Driving my ATV through a wall in the background of a live report on the garlic festival, here to put the local reporter in their loving PLACE

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

maybe if the news reported the hurricane accurately then he wouldn’t have to yell

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Good soup! posted:

Driving my ATV through a wall in the background of a live report on the garlic festival, here to put the local reporter in their loving PLACE

ya then they started going off about pit bulls because it's an alt-right talking point so you can connect the dots

anyways, i tried to share a footage of aerial drones

here's another one

https://twitter.com/WXgage/status/1432521768649072643

a fatguy baldspot posted:

maybe if the news reported the hurricane accurately then he wouldn’t have to yell

true, true

many sides :o:

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Der Meister posted:

gas this thread

You heard it here folks, weather's done for the year

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The energy company is texting New Orleans with texts with random rear end links in them that go to a photo on Flikr and a photo just host on a random website

Entergy: More than 20,000 line crews are pouring into southeast Louisiana to assist with power restoration. https://bit.ly/3ju8ZJZ
Entergy: Eight high powered transmission lines providing power to generation systems servicing New Orleans have been damaged. https://bit.ly/3kHn99V

Thanks Entergy!

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

The energy company is texting New Orleans with texts with random rear end links in them that go to a photo on Flikr and a photo just host on a random website

Entergy: More than 20,000 line crews are pouring into southeast Louisiana to assist with power restoration. https://bit.ly/3ju8ZJZ
Entergy: Eight high powered transmission lines providing power to generation systems servicing New Orleans have been damaged. https://bit.ly/3kHn99V

Thanks Entergy!

lmao I just got these. didn’t even look at the pics

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Good soup! posted:

we expected ida to wash away the sins of capitalism but it took with it most of the good posts

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

a fatguy baldspot posted:

lmao I just got these. didn’t even look at the pics

I thought maybe the second link would lead to, like, a press release that said how long they thought it would take to repair. But nopes

Turns out the Flikr one is a video if you actually sit on the page long enough for it to load, but it's just of 2 Entergy trucks pulling out

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

brugroffil posted:

Anyway it's good the levees held

As an acknowledged contrarian, I am actually glad that a ton of people didn't die. :twisted:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OK baizuo posted:

You heard it here folks, weather's done for the year

Glad that hurricanes and covid are both over now, time to grab some bottomless margs

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
few pictures from my parents. this is in southern LA, directly south of new orleans about 20 minutes.. if their house wasn't raised it'd be totally flooded, and they live on the high ground in Lafitte. in lower Lafitte even raised houses got flooded.

e: I realize these pictures are slightly weird, this is what they sent me

empty whippet box has issued a correction as of 03:29 on Aug 31, 2021

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
hoping nodelphi lives

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

What the gently caress is that green statue?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Green faced guy doesn't look good. hosed up for your dad to pose with him like that. Get him some help or something at least.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

it's slam man

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zil posted:

cajun bigfoot

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This guy could be CA gov soon

https://twitter.com/realMeetKevin/status/1432516388317384708

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
come die with me, little priest

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

My dad voted for this idiot because he was the only one with a D next to his name :ughh:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

My dad voted for this idiot because he was the only one with a D next to his name :ughh:

yep that was his plan

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

There were nine (9) Democrats on the ballot.

I guess only one of them promised to purge the homeless on day one, though.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

If we were actually going to do something like this, wouldn't it make more sense to take it from the Missouri River? It's further west and has several large reservoirs upstream

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
https://twitter.com/realMeetKevin/status/1432525044438036486
lmao

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I'm going to guess he is popular with the Musk crowd?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

He's like Musk, Yang, and Trump combined into one clickbaity YouTuber package, and he definitely draws from each of those particular... reservoirs.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

He's like Musk, Yang, and Trump combined into one clickbaity YouTuber package, and he definitely draws from each of those particular... reservoirs.

god drat

canqued
Jan 18, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEyxr6skDZU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Is he proposing that California steal Mississippi's drinking water?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
water water everywhere lets build a pipeline

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
when the northern part of the mississippi flooded, a friend was convinced we could drain it all, send it under the rockeys, all the way to cali without treating it for farm run off

like it would be simple

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

https://twitter.com/kentphotos/status/1432539735189188609

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

quote:

Climate change could significantly lower the number of skiable days across western North America, forcing some ski resorts to shut down entirely. The study, which uses historical data and model projections, forecasts that more than 90% of western resorts will have ski seasons shorter than 120 days by 2085 if countries don’t curb greenhouse gas emissions. Although many more severe risks could come from climate change, losing recreational skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling opportunities could cost the United States billions of dollars and tens of thousands of jobs per year, according to the nonprofit Protect Our Winters.

THE FACT THAT EVERY loving CLIMATE ARTICLE IS COUCHED IN THIS LANGUAGE MAKES ME WANT TO loving DIE.

THE JOBS AND THE MONEY ARE NOT THE loving PROBLEM

edit: ah gently caress this isn't the climate change thread. poo poo. whatever. gently caress it all. gently caress everything

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

silicone thrills posted:

THE FACT THAT EVERY loving CLIMATE ARTICLE IS COUCHED IN THIS LANGUAGE MAKES ME WANT TO loving DIE.

THE JOBS AND THE MONEY ARE NOT THE loving PROBLEM

edit: ah gently caress this isn't the climate change thread. poo poo. whatever. gently caress it all. gently caress everything

grown the best drat bell peppers we ever have this year

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

empty whippet box posted:

few pictures from my parents. this is in southern LA, directly south of new orleans about 20 minutes.. if their house wasn't raised it'd be totally flooded, and they live on the high ground in Lafitte. in lower Lafitte even raised houses got flooded.

e: I realize these pictures are slightly weird, this is what they sent me

what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Schnorkles posted:

grown the best drat bell peppers we ever have this year

I havent gotten a single bell pepper because the heat wave got them all and my tomatos and the loving 4 baby apple trees and 1 crab apple tree I had.