Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
ya ggs, super educational getting to play against so many good players

also jack-o rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
ggs everyone, that was a lot of fun, thanks for coming!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ggs = guilty gear strive

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

pog boyfriend posted:

ggs = guilty gear strive

this

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

gggsgs

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

defending against good jack o players is so fun, it is really satisfying when you block the entire safe part of their string, counterhit unsafe moves, and destroy the minions in the process

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

pog boyfriend posted:

ggs = guilty gear strive
:mhmm:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy Chaos is out. hes extremely weird but im having fun

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
let's all play blazblue some time

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

sure

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

No thanks.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

No thanks.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Call me up when it's BBTAG, the best fighting game ever made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rollback BBTAG in 2022 my good sir.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not since Pepperoni and Pizza have gamers seen a marriage of flavors quite as hype as ROllback and BBTAG.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hizke posted:

Call me up when it's BBTAG, the best fighting game ever made.

now this is what im talking about.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
happy chaos can't zone btw ;)

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i have been playing still every now and then and still have a great time with it, although not playing for several months means there are baiken players that know the axl matchup and me going "does baiken still have parries in this?" lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I still play it as well and have been going back to locals recently. It's nice to rep Goldlewis even though I do poorly in tournaments.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
i easily conquer all foes

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I also started playing this again and I guess I still have enough muscle memory with May to get called a subhuman dog in the park lobby after a match.

The new White House stage is cool

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I also started playing this again and I guess I still have enough muscle memory with May to get called a subhuman dog in the park lobby after a match.

The new White House stage is cool

i play axl so pretty much every other match ends with my opponent ragequitting or cussing me out in the park

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i didn't like this game before and now i like it even less now that i know the developer isn't a wholly owned subsidiary of mohamad bin salmon's venture capital firm, UNLIKE the snk the makers of kof15, the best--and most pious--fighting game around

copy
Jul 26, 2007

got up to floor 10 one time as potemkin and found another potemkin there who taught me how you actually play that character until I got knocked back down to 9 lol. it's hard to get the timing on that thing where you combine his forward kick with potemkin buster consistently. i ought to get back in though the game is gorgeous and fun as hell

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

are the dlc characters cooli havent played in a while

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Yeah they're cool.

Goldlewis: He's my main and has really oppressive offense and strong mix on knockdowns. Big and slow and can't double jump, so he dies really easy to characters who can zone him out effectively. Has bad matchups against most of the cast but he's too fun to drop.

Jack-O': I never bought her and not many people play her so idk. She has good zoning and offense potential but she needs proper setup and has bad defense.

Happy Chaos: Everyone likes to complain on twitter and youtube comments that he's broken and ruins the game. He has a gun and can zone plus he has strong rushdown and powerful midrange normals. The downside is he has the worst defense in the game bar none and has no reversal whatsoever, not even his super has startup invuln. So he dies if you touch him. He's also a resource management character as he has two special resources, ammo and focus, that let him operate his gun.

Baiken: Really good normals and neutral control, with strong mix up potential thanks to instant overhead Youzansen and safe jumps with tatami. Her main issue is inability to convert reliably from midrange situations. Her parry is good conditioning tool but is high risk because you're in counter hit recovery for like 20 frames if you whiff it.

Testament: They just came out so I don't know.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

How’s Sol?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

He got several nerfs so he's no longer the best character in the game. He's still very good, though. Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you he's "broken".

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I don't think happy chaos is broken, he's just boring

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

happy chaos is broken when played by deb and basically nobody else really uses the character to his full potential, at least not until the tournament level. floor 8 to low celestial where i mostly play it just seems boring and kind of bad but sometimes he pops off. jack o can do some true bullshit if she gets her setup but good luck getting it

E: im gently caress

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 8, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tfw you preorder the season pass and stick the same character youve been using for 10 years.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

tfw you preorder the season pass and stick the same character youve been using for 10 years.

bask in your new colour sets

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

pog boyfriend posted:

happy chaos is broken when played by deb and basically nobody else really uses the character to his full potential, at least not at the tournament level. floor 8 to low celestial where i mostly play it just seems boring and kind of bad but sometimes he pops off. jack o can do some true bullshit if she gets her setup but good luck getting it

https://twitter.com/Diaphone_/status/1512256521706643459?t=WkTyYM9DT67G-8bgmb0OYw&s=19

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lmao i typed not at the tournament level when i meant not until the tournament level. thats what i get for phone posting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

In Training posted:

this. the hero of zepp is sufficient, but it's fun having options for like vs cpu stuff

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hace posted:

I don't think happy chaos is broken, he's just boring

After playing against some more Happy Chaos in tower I gotta agree, honestly. I mean yes I'm playing probably the most skewed matchup in the game but dealing with the zoning is totally obnoxious and not fun for me. I just played a set against a Happy Chaos on Floor 10 (I didn't get into Celestial this month yet, OKAY) and he spent the first two games zoning me out with perfect rounds and then the third game I guess he thought he could clown on me and started running up and trying to throw me/do rushdown and I pulverized him. Don't troll me, bitch.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The local monthly tournament was tonight and while I was there I left my Hitbox sitting on a table. Two women walked past me, one pointed at the Hitbox and said something in Spanish, and they both laughed and walked away.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Kongming posted:

The local monthly tournament was tonight and while I was there I left my Hitbox sitting on a table. Two women walked past me, one pointed at the Hitbox and said something in Spanish, and they both laughed and walked away.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kongming posted:

Lmfao