Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Is he proposing that California steal Mississippi's drinking water?

his plan is that california build a pipeline from the mississippi river to california to solve the drought

his other signature campaign platform is to deploy the national guard to end homelessness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

silicone thrills posted:

I havent gotten a single bell pepper because the heat wave got them all and my tomatos and the loving 4 baby apple trees and 1 crab apple tree I had.

heat wave here was just hot enough for bell peppers.

tomatoes are similarly all over the goddamn place. we've run out of canning supplies.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

his plan is that california build a pipeline from the mississippi river to california to solve the drought

his other signature campaign platform is to deploy the national guard to end homelessness

Y'all better hope to god Newsom wins

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

silicone thrills posted:

THE FACT THAT EVERY loving CLIMATE ARTICLE IS COUCHED IN THIS LANGUAGE MAKES ME WANT TO loving DIE.

THE JOBS AND THE MONEY ARE NOT THE loving PROBLEM

edit: ah gently caress this isn't the climate change thread. poo poo. whatever. gently caress it all. gently caress everything

lol I do this too, it doesn't help that every loving thread is a climate thread crossover episode now

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

blatman posted:

lol I do this too, it doesn't help that every loving thread is a climate thread crossover episode now

Not in BYOB

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zil posted:

Not in BYOB

well maybe go post in byob then

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Capitalism and Climate Catastrophe are conjoined twins.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

well maybe go post in byob then

hey whoa

whoa....

chill out

thats good that byob has no climate change thread, its an ideal forum for respite

dang...

WOW ...whoa....

all the disasters are converging so its a thing geez

wow....

whew~

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

hey whoa

whoa....

chill out

thats good that byob has no climate change thread, its an ideal forum for respite

dang...

WOW ...whoa....

all the disasters are converging so its a thing geez

wow....

whew~

trupm

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

theres a red flag tonight? tomorrow? too. rip

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I've stated before that I will fight to keep the Great Lakes from being drained for the use of California. I think we can and must form and alliance to protect the upper Mississippi/Missouri watershed as well.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Atrocious Joe posted:

I've stated before that I will fight to keep the Great Lakes from being drained for the use of California. I think we can and must form and alliance to protect the upper Mississippi/Missouri watershed as well.

Yeah I'm ok with the peoples on both sides of the Mississippi uniting even if our watersheds are different. All those west of the Rockies and east of the Appalachians must be driven into the ocean

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gotta protect the land of the hot dish

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

permanently deploy the guard to fight fire and put the homeless in their houses since the soldiers wont need them anymore on the bucket lines

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
All those big river basins in the flyover states are getting too much water dumped on them by Mother Nature. Send it west.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

silicone thrills posted:

THE FACT THAT EVERY loving CLIMATE ARTICLE IS COUCHED IN THIS LANGUAGE MAKES ME WANT TO loving DIE.

THE JOBS AND THE MONEY ARE NOT THE loving PROBLEM

edit: ah gently caress this isn't the climate change thread. poo poo. whatever. gently caress it all. gently caress everything

I mean in a way its related

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Can't we just loving grow the almonds in states where the Mississippi river already flows rather than redirecting the entire river over here?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

he's proposing piping some Mississippi River water into the Colorado basin. it's dumb but it's not stealing drinking water from Mississippi

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Can't we just loving grow the almonds in states where the Mississippi river already flows rather than redirecting the entire river over here?

no because california is where the almond barons have the absurd 1800s-era grandfathered water rights where they can draw as much as they want for pennies per acre ft

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bip Roberts posted:

he's proposing piping some Mississippi River water into the Colorado basin. it's dumb but it's not stealing drinking water from Mississippi

That's too bad he'd be following in a long tradition of California supervillain governors.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

few pictures from my parents. this is in southern LA, directly south of new orleans about 20 minutes.. if their house wasn't raised it'd be totally flooded, and they live on the high ground in Lafitte. in lower Lafitte even raised houses got flooded.

e: I realize these pictures are slightly weird, this is what they sent me

lol this is my favorite post

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Glad the improved levy and flood protection systems held up. Let's do more large-scale civic infrastructure projects, please.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

few pictures from my parents. this is in southern LA, directly south of new orleans about 20 minutes.. if their house wasn't raised it'd be totally flooded, and they live on the high ground in Lafitte. in lower Lafitte even raised houses got flooded.

I can't stop laughing at bog dad

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

your dad owns

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

crepeface posted:

your dad owns

yeah I bet he kills gators just by looking at them

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Put "I don't want to set the world on fire" over the beginning of this and you have the opening to a Fallout game.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

lol oops

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Presto posted:

Put "I don't want to set the world on fire" over the beginning of this and you have the opening to a Fallout game.

i added it to this gif that a goon made when the eviction moratorium was originally expiring. i guess since it expired again, it's relevant again!

https://i.imgur.com/eEPCrwJ.mp4

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Lacrosse posted:

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I choose to take it to mean California should only get water when the Mississippi floods.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
lol I went to sleep last night reading this thread, and woke up to news of an unseasonal storm causing flooding in west auckland, new zealand. oopsie

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.

from what I’ve heard Aspen has a post-skiing plan but that is absolutely too advanced for telluride

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lacrosse posted:

Blowdryer
Jan 25, 2008

Moot .1415926535 posted:

from what I’ve heard Aspen has a post-skiing plan but that is absolutely too advanced for telluride

world's largest dave & busters

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's not a bog it's a swamp. nobody says bog in louisiana

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
bog dad and swamp thing

a dynamic duo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Moot .1415926535 posted:

i think everyone's still looking for a new little st james

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Moot .1415926535 posted:

telluride does pretty good summer business, not as good as aspen but nowhere does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
https://twitter.com/stuartpalley/status/1432608512299847685