Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

DerekSmartymans posted:

GREEN ovaries? :barf:

Haven't you ever heard of green eggs and scam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DerekSmartymans posted:

Just look at this fool who wasn’t alive in a nationwide gang-affiliated hub during the 80s. You could 100% get shot for your Nike-branded Air Jordans.

Wanna hear the fun part? Your blood-covered Jordan’s don’t even fit the teenager who killed you!

Edit: Thought I could go for the sextuple-posts, but you Ruined It!

Seriously, though, I hadn’t been online for a day or two and had five and a half pages to catch up on. It’s very hard to figure out a way to merge posting-as-you-respond-to-individuals using the AwfulApp on an iPhone 8. If there is a way, I just haven’t hosed around in the guts of the settings enough to discover it. I do it all the freakin’ time!

Shut the gently caress up, lol

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

MrUnderbridge posted:

And of course, beanie babies, cabbage patch kids, Franklin mint anything, furniture older than deco...
Huh? There's furniture from the 1600s still ticking along just fine. I have a hand-carved oak chair from the turn of the 19th-20th century that will certainly outlast me.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
yeah but that has utility.

also they can actually store energy because wood is brunable.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
i dunno wtf a "noise ape" is, but, umm:

https://twitter.com/dankcoldturkey/status/1432177856222834689

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Is this supposed to be a warning about getting into butts or is it supposed to be promoting NFTs?

Just really confusing.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

is this one of those nfts the gorillaz were doing?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I thought NFTs were dead

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Armitage posted:

I thought NFTs were dead

The older ones are dead. The newer ones, though….

I’m just saying there’s still time to buy this jpeg I bought with my wife’s house deed

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Unless you're going to sell me the screaming monkey for 252800 then yeah I think I have.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

The interest in NFTs was always 95% sham and almost entirely dependent on the amount of work being put into shilling them. So in that sense they can just go back to working the rotting horse over with an electrode to get the most of the same effect they were getting a few months ago, it's just they can't count on much more general interest media attention.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

NFTs are newer shittier versions of garbage pail kids but somehow more useless and valueless.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Accurate drawing of a typical crypto true believer and NFT fanatic.

The whole NFT thing has also given me an immense Dutch Tulip feelings. And I just love the way most news media reported some of the highest NFT prices with bated-breath-type excitement and no questions asked, which would have reeled in tens of thousands more suckers. Similar to their reporting whenever Bitcoin has a steep price rise.

There'll be many more shenanigans and tears of grieving from coiners before it all ends, of course. I hope I live long enough to see the final, unavoidable mega-crash.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I appreciate that person posting the ape on twitter so that I too now own it

I paid a fair bit less though

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

even beeple at the very least sent you a customized LCD frame that displayed the NFT you bought. i mean not worth the millions but that was at least some effort.

overall i'm honestly just confused about it, there is no value.. even the technical design of NFTs... nearly all of them are poorly implemented in a rush to sell off junk assets.

fish and chips and dip posted:

Cross posting from the r/relationships thread

i feel sad for the girl. dude spent his life savings on an NFT to propose to his gf? this guy is honestly a moron, not because he bought that NFT.. well he is for doing that, but the bigger mistake is your girlfriend asked you not to do this poo poo because you were terrible at it and you ended up just lying to her and you're posting on a loving internet forum because you don't even understand any of the mistakes you made. "What do I do?" Buddy you don't even listen to your own girlfriend what's the likelihood you'll listen to random internet nerds?

fake edit: found the thread, someone said the poster wrote about hinge a couple months back.. so most likely fake? maybe? hopefully? okay fess up who wrote it>?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ad by Khad posted:

someone in a foreign country sent me a little over a thousand dollars today via email, the money went straight into my bank account and the fee was zero dollars and zero cents

bitcoin users not affected relevant

Wait no fees

How

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

buttcoin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
For real tho I’m curious

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the person sent me an e-transfer, thats it

we both use banks that dont charge a fee between most countries

there was no weird trick involved, its 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

For real tho I’m curious

Get a non poo poo bank that absorbs fees because they want to suck your dick

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a shitload of people who will give you all their money if you say Star Trek technobabble in the right way.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a shitload of people who will give you all their money if you say Star Trek technobabble in the right way.

Bitcoin leverages pre-existing numerical systems in order to further synergize the emergent technology of Blockchain. We do this with hand crafted, authentically bespoke Sudoku puzzles so that you can fully harness the forward facing, future proof power of blockchain. Blockchain utilization is a no-nonsense, hands on approach to efficient and effective sanitization of funds and anonymous transfer of wealth. Our Tenative Harmonizing Efficient Full-use of Time System —THEFTS— allows the self-actualization of fund transfer vis-a-vis encryption of end user terminals and maximizes Blockchain utility.

BLOCKCHAIN, BUY NOW

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

tehinternet posted:

*faaaaaaaaaaaaart*

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

But you just repeated what he said...

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Is bitcoin still up like a million percent since the thread started? ah well. I'm sure bit coiners are owned somehow

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

epic 2012 username posted:

Is bitcoin still up like a million percent since the thread started? ah well. I'm sure bit coiners are owned somehow

For the millionth time, just because something is profitable, it doesn't mean you're not still an utter shithead for doing it. Poaching is profitable. Human trafficking is profitable. Using up entire nations worth of energy just to crunch numbers is profitable. It doesn't make it wrong not to participate.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Almost as owned as the humans coiners are helping to traffic

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

There Bias Two posted:

For the millionth time, just because something is profitable, it doesn't mean you're not still an utter shithead for doing it. Poaching is profitable. Human trafficking is profitable. Using up entire nations worth of energy just to crunch numbers is profitable. It doesn't make it wrong not to participate.

I'm just imagining all of the scenes in mafia movies where someone says, "It's not personal. It's business." before they shoot someone, except it's all of the pollution spewing into the air because of a bunch of buttcoiners.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Say hello to my little friend:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"I thought you said the kid was running numbers."
"No, I said he was mining cryptocurrency."

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Yeah, we've given up saying that bitcoin will drop to zero; we're saying that it should drop to zero.

There Bias Two posted:

Human trafficking is profitable.

Is it? Cool. I need a new hobby. I wonder if there's a way to traffic humans using the blockchain.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Hobologist posted:

Yeah, we've given up saying that bitcoin will drop to zero; we're saying that it should drop to zero.

Is it? Cool. I need a new hobby. I wonder if there's a way to traffic humans using the blockchain.

Human stupidity can never be underestimated.

And yeah, funding awful poo poo is one of the intended use cases of the butts.

small butter
Oct 8, 2011

Because this is a negative sum game, and because most people buy at the top and sell low (going from 20k down to 3k during the last crash meant the vast majority who bought sold low), the average bitcoiner is surely owned.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

bernie madoff is a good man, i got some profit from my investment.. - first person involved in madoff's ponzi

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What isn't a money laundering operation these days

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bitcoin is dumb and worthless (actually worth less than 0 because it saps value from human society), but it's still a really hearty lol to go back and read page 1 of this thread

and that was only 2017!

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Goons are always wrong about everything.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

goons in 2011: bitcoin is a dumb gamble with fundamentals based on nothing
goons in 2021: bitcoin is a dumb gamble with fundamentals based on nothing

we've been pretty unchanged on this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

conveniently leaving out all the posts that said it will never surpass $X, you'll never be able to exchange large sums of it safely, it will never be recognized as legal tender by any country, it will never gain acceptance by financial regulators, etc. etc.

thread has been pretty consistently wrong, despite being right that it is fundamentally worthless (this fact demonstrably doesn't matter)

e: at this point i have fully lost faith in humanity and am willing to believe with no surprise that blockchain or w/e the gently caress is the future of money. i don't own any and hopefully never will, but i admire thread regulars persistent beliefs that this is a fad. i've lost hope

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Posting this from the toilet on my phone.
There is no paper in here, can someone send me some blockchain please.