Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Are bounties on cosmodrome still the fastest way to level up? I'm more of a casual drop in and play whatever type, but I'd like to level up my season pass as far as possible this time around.

Tempted to try afk xp farming in thrallway, but stuff like that never seems to work quite right for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Went crazy and ground out activity completions and the lorentz catalyst, sorta nice to have it done and out of the way this early in the season.

I want to finish up more catalysts, but I mostly have heavy weapons left, and god they're just so tedious to get catalyst progress on. Also Bungie really needs to up the drop rate on a bunch of old catalysts. It's really silly you can get newly added catalysts in like, 5 crucible games, but it's been years and I still don't have the Sweet Business catalyst among many others that come from strikes and crucible.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I got the PvP part of the catalyst quest done because I hate PvP. So I just need to focus on doing things now to complete it. Also, banged out most of the weapon kills for the umbrals. Getting those out of the way make the season much more enjoyable.

Malfeasance with lucky pants is loving insane. Give it a shot if you have not.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lorenz does more/the same damage as a Vorpal Threaded Needle. It's super good.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They should make MoCo a permanent mode because it's the best mode to grind out all the stuff that requires guardian kills. Even a pvp bottom feeder like me can get a few lucky kills in MoCo with most weapons.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

stev posted:

I think I managed to stop the game crashing so now I'm just trying to work out what's going on.

I'm going to play through the Beyond Light campaign (good to see it's more than double the length of Shadowkeep, which was frankly pathetic). After that I guess there's seasons? Does buying the season just give you the battlepass or is there actual gameplay/story stuff locked behind it? And when I beat Beyond Light will story missions from the previous seasons unlock in the order that they released? Or are seasonal stories told through the website and side content rather than actual missions? All of this stuff is so vague and poorly explained in-game.

You already have access to previous season storylines as far back as season of the hunt and aren’t required to do them in any order. The season of the hunt intro mission is on the moon. Unless you have the beyond light deluxe edition, you can’t do previous seasons’ special exotic missions (harbinger and presage)

Not sure what you mean by battlepass but buying the current season gets you everything on the bottom half of the 1-100 season track and a quest for an exotic trace rifle. Not sure what else it gets you because the exact value proposition of anything you can buy is terribly explained and most of the regulars just buy everything, so there’s not a lot of info on what is actually locked behind season passes/expansions. clicking the banner on the left of the season track shows an overview of what’s free and what’s part of the season pass, but this overview is probably highly non-comprehensive because bungie.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Not sure what else it gets you because the exact value proposition of anything you can buy is terribly explained and most of the regulars just buy everything, so there’s not a lot of info on what is actually locked behind season passes/expansions.

There's a matrix near the bottom of their season hype page:

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/SeasonOfTheLost

Paying for the season basically provides you astral alignment and shattered realm access. Plus some poo poo that no one cares about.

Europa is pretty useless without buying beyond light, so there's that too. You get like one introductory story mission and then everything is paywalled.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The tenbux season pass gives you access to the two boring activities but more importantly gets you the season's GUNS baby

Plus usually one exotic weapon that's season-pass exclusive

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad destiny is bringing back cool laser pew pew guns.

The era of Prometheus lens or whatever that year 1 laser tag gun was ruled

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The tenbux season pass gives you access to the two boring activities but more importantly gets you the season's GUNS baby

Plus usually one exotic weapon that's season-pass exclusive

Extra bonus: this season also gives you limited access to the last three seasons of guns, which is nice if you're like me and only missed one season (Hunt). Sure, I can't target farm any specific gun, but once I get my current season stuff where I'm happy with it (and I'm already making progress on that), I can at least finish out the collections slots for Hunt guns.

One day I'll get a Vorpal Threaded Needle, too. But I actually still run battlegrounds for those engrams occasionally. Just wish the Nessus Wyvern one wasn't in rotation so the playlist could just have the good ones.

e:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m glad destiny is bringing back cool laser pew pew guns.

The era of Prometheus lens or whatever that year 1 laser tag gun was ruled
Prometheus Lens is back for MoCo. Holy poo poo is it back.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The secret of Destiny content is that the actual activities are immaterial and the only content worth chasing is gunz

You might get bored of Gambit, Crucible, Raids, Nightfalls, seasonal activities but the one true constant is you and your 500 slot vault of various gunz

You can get tired of Override but you can take that grenade launcher that reloads multiple grenades as fast as you can shoot them while sliding anywhere you go in this game

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Is the aim assist / tracking higher in in MC? I felt like when I was playing it to clear the weekly challenge, I was headshotting by firing in the vague direction of guardians, but in control & gambit I managed to miss in a couple of situations that I definitely felt like I hit before.

It'll be interesting to see in IB anyway, and by interesting I mean horrifying in the hands of people who hit max light last season and have been doing all the trials / raids / dungeons / pinnacles this week in the most efficient order to max their gainz.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They can't be any higher than 1330! It shouldn't be too bad unless you skipped last season and also didn't play last week.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
10LL difference is like, 6% damage increase which isn't enough to change the TTK on any weapon meaningfully I believe

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eej posted:

The secret of Destiny content is that the actual activities are immaterial and the only content worth chasing is gunz

You might get bored of Gambit, Crucible, Raids, Nightfalls, seasonal activities but the one true constant is you and your 500 slot vault of various gunz

You can get tired of Override but you can take that grenade launcher that reloads multiple grenades as fast as you can shoot them while sliding anywhere you go in this game

Except a ton of the coolest gunz (exotics) are just down to xur rng. Legendaries are basically all the same gun just with different pools for possible perk rolls. Except the few that have unique/exclusive perks like Luna's Howl etc that are basically exotics but randomly marked as purple instead.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eej posted:

My vault is 177/500 and around 50% that is exotics. I should go even lower because there's only a handful of guns I actually use a lot of, but sometimes there's a perk combo that you gotta hang on to just in case you decide to try out a gimmick.

A tidy vault is a happy vault.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

xzzy posted:

My vault is 177/500 and around 50% that is exotics. I should go even lower because there's only a handful of guns I actually use a lot of, but sometimes there's a perk combo that you gotta hang on to just in case you decide to try out a gimmick.

A tidy vault is a happy vault.

Always hard to get rid of some of the weapons that have been sunset but carried the poo poo out of you back in the day...

Cleaning out poo poo gear is nice though.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Excited for some IB for sure this week.

I was doing the last bit of the ascendant anchor mcguffins yesterday around the EDZ and realized I've never seen most of the map. I think its a cute decision to send us romping around all these locations that are going to be changed or vaulted with WQ.

Also I know the marketing says Savathun stole the light, but I wonder if we kill her worm and she's free from the dark the traveler is like oh cool help us fight that guy and just gives her some light and now we're frenemies. I mean the wiki said that dude's used a bunch of races and stuff, he could also just like move on from humanity

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Except a ton of the coolest gunz (exotics) are just down to xur rng. Legendaries are basically all the same gun just with different pools for possible perk rolls. Except the few that have unique/exclusive perks like Luna's Howl etc that are basically exotics but randomly marked as purple instead.

Palindrome Adeptus is a very different feeling gunz from say, Finite Impactor, despite being in the same archetype. Every gun is a mixture of stat packages, model + animation and perk combos and every desirable gunz has a somewhat to completely unique combination of the above. Plug One and Null Composure are the only Fusion Rifles that roll Reservoir Burst, for example. Seventh Seraph SMG is king poo poo of trash clear with SMG handling, Fourth Times the Charm, Dragonfly and Warmind Cell creation all in one gunz but even though it's an energy Precision Frame SMG it is totally incomparable to Shayura's Wrath for PvP because of its completely juiced base stats, possible perk combos and most importantly inherently higher zoom. Also consider how the reissued Scathelocke is better than the majority of 600rpm ARs because of its completely vertical recoil and higher base zoom and it feels amazing to shoot.

Destiny vets, with their smooth, round, Traveler-like brains, are usually more excited for what purple gunz come out each season than yellow gunz because they're the ones you're going to be using more.

Eej fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 31, 2021

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eej posted:

Destiny vets, with their smooth, round, Traveler-like brains, are usually more excited for what purple gunz come out each season than yellow gunz because they're the ones you're going to be using more.

Not this smooth brain, because I am not willing to grind guns anymore. So I pick an exotic I feel like using heavily and build something around it. Like monte carlo and sealed ahamkara.

Synergy combos are dang fun.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I haven't played since around when the haunted moon released so now all my purple guns are locked to 1100 LL permanently and I can only use my exotics or new random drop guns with bad perk rolls.
What's the best way to reach 1260 and start being able to do nightfalls/pinnacle stuff (as f2p without the latest season)?
Where is mars or the black armory? :negative:

the newly buffed Lucky Pants + Crimson is a funny combination at least, so I've swapped from playing Warlock to Hunter now. But what are the details for when you get the "out of luck" debuff? It happens a certain time after triggering the damage buff which makes sense but it also seems to sometimes randomly pop up after enough time if I switch to my hand cannon and then just run around without shooting.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 31, 2021

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I know this is the PC thread but I expect the console one will be merged as we all hang out in here. They’ve added some really great controller sensitivities settings for looking, ADS ratio, and turning. What are your all preferred settings? Right now, I feel like I either look around too fast and aim too slowly or look around too slowly but my aim is all over the place.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

What's the best way to reach 1260 and start being able to do nightfalls/pinnacle stuff (as f2p without the latest season)?

Rotate through any destination doing public events. Heroic doesn't matter, just completion and speed. It's easier to do on larger planets.

Or just do PvP but I'm going to get yelled at by some of the thread for saying that.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Where is mars or the black armory? :negative:

lol owned idiot

:negative:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

IMO the best MoCo gun is any SMG.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

I know this is the PC thread but I expect the console one will be merged as we all hang out in here. They’ve added some really great controller sensitivities settings for looking, ADS ratio, and turning. What are your all preferred settings? Right now, I feel like I either look around too fast and aim too slowly or look around too slowly but my aim is all over the place.

I appreciate the configuration options but I think it was a mistake to let the sensitivity go so high. With a xim it feels just like M&KB now, but one gets all the auto aim benefits.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I think that XIM users were already too good and there can’t be all that many of them, so them getting better in exchange for better controller options for everyone is worth it.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
I quit for a season, come back, and it's demanding battleye and will hard close the game if I have any developer tools open, even web development ones, kills virtual machines that were running causing data loss, and requires you to turn WSL2, Docker, Hyper-V, AMD-V, Intel VT off in bios? Is this a loving joke?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Biowarfare posted:

I quit for a season, come back, and it's demanding battleye and will hard close the game if I have any developer tools open, even web development ones, kills virtual machines that were running causing data loss, and requires you to turn WSL2, Docker, Hyper-V, AMD-V, Intel VT off in bios? Is this a loving joke?

Unfortunately no, bungie in their infinite indie wisdom decided to use this dumpster fire to fix crucru big meanie cheaters.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What in the hell does any of that mean

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Biowarfare posted:

what the gently caress even is all that nerd poo poo

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

kecske posted:

Tools used by software developers/virtual machine stuff.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also, cheaters

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
why would an aimbotter need wsl or docker that doesnt make any sense

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Has bungie acknowledged that the game soft locks xboxes at the end of crucible and gambit matches yet?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

why would an aimbotter need wsl or docker that doesnt make any sense

there's a bunch of cheats that use hyper-v for reasons, i guess, and docker/wsl use hyper-v

it's pretty unclear how unstable hyper-v makes the game and whether kicks/bans will be enforced purely based on it; i want to say the only battleye game that straight up says "gently caress you" if it detects a hyper-v is tarkov which has a special-case check for it, not just the normal battleye stuff? warzone has a bunch of brutal anticheat stuff (a developer friend who sunk $80+ into that game got permabanned for "unauthorized software" with no clarity, and the only thing we can think of is hyper-v), but warzone isn't battleye

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 31, 2021

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Woops

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

kecske posted:

It's code for "shove me into a locker".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
PC Gaming is something else lol

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Im not running anything weird and I just started getting super bad network connection issues, presumably its Battleye being a pile of poo poo.
Like I was playing this morning for a few hours and literally started having issues like an hour ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Majere posted:

Has bungie acknowledged that the game soft locks xboxes at the end of crucible and gambit matches yet?

Oh god it’s still doing that? I’ve just been sticking to the PC version because of it.

Also does anyone have a good website/guide/video on what to look for when it comes to armor and guns? Like I’m only power level 1284 but I’m trashing a lot of stuff that might have been useful.

Like I think I read in here that armor with stats at 65 and above are good but I’m not really sure what I’m looking for.