Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

they won’t give without some form of identification. that’s the problem

Wait until someone else comes in for a vaccination then quickly shove your arm in front of theirs right before the needle goes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

turd in my singlet posted:

why did all the radio hosts get infected at once anyways? was there a big "lovely talk radio con 21" they all went to and spit into each other's mouths at?

fake edit: was it sturgis

The odds were never in their favor once Delta blew up and the number of cases increased exponentially. They didn’t wear masks, weren’t vaccinated, and probably dining inside restaurants, attending church, and other spreading events.

At some point it was going to catch up to them and thankfully it did. It’s a shame they weren’t able to reflect on what they said and their actions before their hearts gave out while on the vent.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Horseshoe theory posted:

Was it less-than-honorable? :pray:

quote:

Less than a week later, on July 29, McHaffie received a general discharge under honorable conditions, according to a copy of her DD-214, which summarizes a service member's time in the military.

Not honorable, but not dishonorable?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
anyone have that pic drawn in a bojack horseman style of a guy in a horse costume buying ivermectin?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

These half mask respirators aren't too bad once you acclimate to them

Went to the bathroom and literally couldn't smell poo poo
lol yesterday i wore my secure click for a solid 3 hours, when i did finally take it off, just as i got back to my car, the hit of smells was really jarring
oh yeah these streets are filled with pissed stained sidewalks, overloaded garbage bins, and wow at least the trees smell nice!

ages ago someone posted about wearing a half mask in the forest and then taking it off to get a full load of nature and all it's beautiful smells or something along those lines. the next hike i go do i will be doing this. getting the urban streets version of this wasn't great

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I know what I am about to say is wrong but it would be a little funny if suddenly Republicans about face on the virus next census when they find out 60-70% of deaths are their voters and it has begun to impact their presidential bid.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The rubber horse mask is relevant again

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
If you're the sort of lib that thinks of elections as a pure numbers game of demographics, then the number of kids turning 18 over a 4-year election cycle is often greater than the margin of victory in swing states. Add in seniors passing away and it seems like the Dems should be unstoppable.

The problem is that the Dems suck and no one gets excited to vote for them, whereas conservatives know how to rally the base.

Also the Senate was designed by the authors of the constitution to protect conservative rural interests and the House is gerrymandered to hell.

Speleothing fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 31, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Speleothing posted:

If you're the sort of lib that thinks of elections as a pure numbers game of demographics, then the number of kids turning 18 over a 4-year election cycle is often greater than the margin of victory in swing states. Add in seniors passing away and it seems like the Dems should be unstoppable.

The problem is that the Dems suck and no one gets excited to vote for them, whereas conservatives know how to rally the base.

voting is for morons

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

At this point I've stopped listening to what our officials say and now just go with what israel is doing

is this stealth zionism :ohdear:
lol death2israel but also hold up keep doing your science so i can follow it
what a broken timeline we live in

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Speleothing posted:

Fair point. Electoralism is a failed ideology. The only future, I say, is anarchy.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Speleothing posted:

vote. [[fucks off to Hawaii for four years]]

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

______________/

Covok
May 27, 2013

Der Meister posted:

vote. [[fucks off to Hawaii for four years]]

They don't want any new visitors.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

buying the 3M HF-802SD respirator from zoro do i just buy that + the recommended P100s? no other poo poo right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

I know what I am about to say is wrong but it would be a little funny if suddenly Republicans about face on the virus next census when they find out 60-70% of deaths are their voters and it has begun to impact their presidential bid.

1. gerrymandering at the congressional and state level, and the electoral college at the presidential level, means that the Republicans can shed a LOT of voters and still have a decent shot at winning elections regardless

2. the Republican party is beholden to their base, and their base wants DEATH. Trump got boo'ed when he tried to tell people to take the vaccine and even he had to walk it back. They're responsive to their constituents and will remain that way, even if the constituents want to commit suicide

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Covok posted:

they've already done this

barring a few of the crazies, about a month ago republicans got very very loud about getting vaccinated as it became clear that the deaths were starting to center in their own voters

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

silicone thrills posted:

A friend of mine who's kids go to school just north of seattle.

This is all so hosed.

oh hey your friend is me
i just stocked up on a bunch of those tests the other day
all the places that sell them are selling out quick though

Covok
May 27, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

they've already done this

barring a few of the crazies, about a month ago republicans got very very loud about getting vaccinated as it became clear that the deaths were starting to center in their own voters

Sounds like it isn't working.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

1. gerrymandering at the congressional and state level, and the electoral college at the presidential level, means that the Republicans can shed a LOT of voters and still have a decent shot at winning elections regardless

the census was significantly more friendly to democrats than we initially thought, because rural population has declined more than expected. One of the new texas seats for instance, probably has to be drawn for a democrat if they don't want to make a whole pile of seats very competitive.

gerrymandering can do a lot, but there's a point where it breaks down.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Covok posted:

Sounds like it isn't working.

not at all

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gabagool posted:

My wife got into a loving car accident (everyone is fine, car isn't) on her very first day returning to the office. Really thankful for getting to see the smiling faces of the tow driver, cops, and insurance inspector. The kinda poo poo all those opinion writers conveniently leave out of their "joys of commuting" pieces.
gently caress that sucks, sorry that happened to your spouse, glad they're alright. having to deal with all that, and then probably a rental or whatever else during a god drat pandemic, god drat gently caress.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Nothus posted:

Not honorable, but not dishonorable?

e no I misread I am dumb

Crunchy Black fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 31, 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

the actual answer is the gop will make 2022 as r favored as possible because they don't plan on having elections after that :hai:

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Hey thread I’m fully vaxxed but still got covid a couple weeks ago. Got my negative PCR last week how long do I have to wait to get booster? or do I? not finding much online about the booster after having covid.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

the census was significantly more friendly to democrats than we initially thought, because rural population has declined more than expected. One of the new texas seats for instance, probably has to be drawn for a democrat if they don't want to make a whole pile of seats very competitive.

gerrymandering can do a lot, but there's a point where it breaks down.

I know Democrats are useless but I also believe it would be LMAO FUNNY AF if Republicans fall apart. Like, it wouldn't make things too much better due to captial but I would find it hilarious.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Covok posted:

I know Democrats are useless but I also believe it would be LMAO FUNNY AF if Republicans fall apart. Like, it wouldn't make things too much better due to captial but I would find it hilarious.

lotta boomers making GBS threads themselves to death with horse paste rn

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Schnorkles posted:

the actual answer is the gop will make 2022 as r favored as possible because they don't plan on having elections after that :hai:

good, voting's pointless anyways

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Covok posted:

It doesn't matter what your voting base looks like when the votes don't matter.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

silicone thrills posted:

lmao I kept saying to people "well based off the spanish flu going like 5 years, im gonna guess we will cut it down to 3 given the time for vaccine creation, approvals, etc" and people looked at me like I had lost my loving mind.

I'm gonna be wrong tho because its gonna go longer.
lost count of how many times i've said 'yeah we're in year 2 of 5+ with covid' i just get shot down or called doomer on the spot
lmao alright cool not going to discuss covid with you anymore because what's the point

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

good, voting's pointless anyways

fists, etc.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

juul whip posted:

it took 5 seconds to suss that out and 1 second to confirm it by looking at your pages and pages of posts in the insanity inducing 24/7 COVID19 doom room

Posting in the 24/7 COVID19 doom room :c00l:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

mod sassinator posted:

bread culture was 15 months ago, everyone's pandemic sourdough starter is probably languishing or dead now
i never hopped on the sourdough bandwagon, but i will say im still repping bread crew, i've perfected my shokupan and bloomer loafs, as well as a few honey wheats
gently caress fuckin with sourdough starter bullshit though, just seems like too much work

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

feeling like just doing this on per capita rates in lovely little counties that went 90% trump doesn't matter and having huge amounts of cities not be vaccinated is gonna be a big problem for purple states. what do i know though

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam Newton just went from starter to cut because he won’t get vaccinated.

Lol

Lmao

where does it say it was because he wouldn't get vaccinated?

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

skewetoo posted:

Posting in the 24/7 COVID19 doom room :c00l:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
man i am HOPPED UP on my maximum titers. thank you walgreens for just having some dumb rear end form to check a big box on

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

*thinking harder than I ever have before*

if I eat at Denny's after having a big bowl of horse paste and poo poo myself in public... I can own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

looks like falcon guy deleted all their tweets? sad. low energy. was hoping for more drama
:lol: what a low energy coward