Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ferrosol posted:

I'm an old man and after two plus hours in the theatre I usually need to really pee more than I need to see midcredits/end credits scenes that will be on YouTube by the time I get home

Yep, I do the same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I wonder if that means they're adapting that lovely Werewolf by Night series that was just a Werewolf the Apocolypse fanfic.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Next episode is Doctor Strange...and holy poo poo that nexus event, hopefully it will go dark.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1432753802612916226?s=19

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Dr. Strange villain origin story coming up...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The Modern Leper posted:

Dr. Strange villain origin story coming up...

Train-strange from the spiderman trailer looked evil so maybe it's him?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Holy poo poo that's gonna' be great.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Now that's a fun what if concept.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Really hoping they do a 'what if Starlord didn't lose his poo poo and they got the gauntlet off"

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Away all Goats posted:

Really hoping they do a 'what if Starlord didn't lose his poo poo and they got the gauntlet off"

Tony puts it on, dies immediately due to power surge, thanos grabs it again and still does the drat thing

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Looks like we might be getting some time travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsQjh63n-jI

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I finally saw Black Widow. I liked it! Yelena seems very cool.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

mutata posted:

I finally saw Black Widow. I liked it! Yelena seems very cool.

I laughed during last weeks What If? when Widow jumped out of the window and did the super hero pose.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

This is only tangentially related to Marvel but holy moly, our brains are so easily fooled.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ActionMovieKid/status/1432473218095353856

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Avoiding Shang Chi spoilers until the digital release is going to suck.

I'm really bummed about not being able to see Shang-Chi at the movies due to lockdown, as it's looking like they're going for a wuxia vibe

Huge fan of the old Shaw Brothers films, particularly when Lau Kar-leung is on deck as the choreographer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe1ekSmAGtE

Wanting to go through Jackie Chan's discography at some point soon as well.

I just hope the fight scenes are filmed well, and we don't get the jump-cut fight scene nonsense American cinema is known for.

Desperado Bones posted:

Looks like we might be getting some time travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsQjh63n-jI

Ah the Ikari Gendo school of dethroning god to bring back my dead wife

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Infinitum posted:

Ah the Ikari Gendo school of dethroning god to bring back my dead wife

"Get in the loving Hydra Stomper,Steve!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Desperado Bones posted:

Next episode is Doctor Strange...and holy poo poo that nexus event, hopefully it will go dark.

Feels like this could result in Marvel Zombies somehow.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Desperado Bones posted:

For a second I took the premise way too literally and thought the episode would be about Strange getting an arc reactor in his chest :doh:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

For a second I took the premise way too literally and thought the episode would be about Strange getting an arc reactor in his chest :doh:

He also replaced his penis with an arc reactor.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Have to say I am a fan of the grumpy flying battery down there on the right.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cross-Section posted:

Yeah that was my first thought too, with him having a suit powered by the Eye of Agamotto.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Infinitum posted:

"That could run your heart for 50 lifetimes"

"or something big for 15 minutes"

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Is that called Iron Strange or Dr. Man?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Infinitum posted:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I will give them a lot of credit, that fuckin' scene screws with my body horror issues something fierce every time I see it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Professor Beetus posted:

I will give them a lot of credit, that fuckin' scene screws with my body horror issues something fierce every time I see it.

Same. Her hand goes super loving deep. She basically touches his spine. Does Tony not have a sternum, anymore?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Ccs posted:

This is only tangentially related to Marvel but holy moly, our brains are so easily fooled.

Here's everything you need to know about color in 7 entertaining minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKP0Y9MVus&t=20s

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Marsupial Ape posted:

Same. Her hand goes super loving deep. She basically touches his spine. Does Tony not have a sternum, anymore?

Exactly! And what the gently caress did they replace all that with once he had the surgery to not need that poo poo any more?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Professor Beetus posted:

Exactly! And what the gently caress did they replace all that with once he had the surgery to not need that poo poo any more?

How does his upper body even move and flex properly with a goddam metal cylinder bisecting him through the sternum? I've had viral pleurisy, before...every breath Tony takes with that thing shoved between his lungs must be pure hell.

It's a great sight gag, but sweet jeebus, the biological implications make no sense. I am glad I'm not the only person bothered by it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

“Oh god, you’re full of goop!”

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Welp, time to get loaded and watch the new What If.

I guess that's my way of saying "be prepared for black bar posts beyond this point".

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Weird episode.

So, this is the first What If to introduce a new character, yes?

So I think this might be the first episode to not really work for me. It’s kind of a mess, albeit an entertaining one.

Yakmouth fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 1, 2021

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

Marsupial Ape posted:

How does his upper body even move and flex properly with a goddam metal cylinder bisecting him through the sternum? I've had viral pleurisy, before...every breath Tony takes with that thing shoved between his lungs must be pure hell.

It's a great sight gag, but sweet jeebus, the biological implications make no sense. I am glad I'm not the only person bothered by it.

He solved it, with engineering

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Yakmouth posted:

Weird episode.

So, this is the first What If to introduce a new character, yes?

I think you mean…strange episode.

This one was a doozy. I will need to think on it.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I kinda thought the whole fixed and unchangeable moment in time thing was kinda undermined by Christine not dying in the regular MCU.

e: also was Strange trapped inside the Power Stone at the end of the episode?

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Sep 1, 2021

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I liked this way more than the Doctor Strange movie.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Best episode by a loving mile

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Necrothatcher posted:

I kinda thought the whole fixed and unchangeable moment in time thing was kinda undermined by Christine not dying in the regular MCU.

I know, right?

I did like it when Strange was chatting up the watcher

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Necrothatcher posted:

The way I saw it, the nexus event was Strange and Christine being closer than they were in regular continuity. Once they became an item, Christine's fate was sealed. If Strange tried this in regular continuity, his hands would constantly get hosed up during all of his retries.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

CAPE FIGHT!

also "evil cape" looks badass and had a chuckle when he stole it from the bug but not its power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Getting Leslie Bibb to voice Christine Everheart for one throwaway line on a TV was a cameo I did not expect.