Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Greg Legg posted:

Holy poo poo! Glad you survived. I will hopefully be prepared but I can't put off getting more titers much longer since my second moderna dose was in March.

I am very excited to add novavax to my collection. Hopefully soon

Well supposedly Protein Subunits tend to have milder side effects per the pre-clinical data from Novavax.

mRNA shots are something else, I've never had the same powerful reaction as getting bulldozed for 2-3 days straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

wait D'Angelo did what

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wait..im sorry...are you saying children can get covid? that doesn't seem right. kids are immune to covid

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

kids are usually immune to things that kill adults right? like I could try to stab one and the knife would just fly into space

Gabagool
Jul 20, 2020

It's so funny that CPS guidance is "3 feet wherever possible." Oh, and wear some borderline useless cotton mask while trying.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Oh boy! Biden just broke into Let's Make A Deal to talk about Afghanistan again :jerkbag:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

red skin breakouts is another somewhat rare side effect people have seen with mRNA vaccines.

I'm glad that I just got the standard flu barf bag feelings for 2-3 days instead some of the wilder side effects like full body skin reaction.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Children are incorporeal until thier 18th birthday

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

smoobles posted:

how cool with it be to catch alpha covid now. like winning the lottery. bet it's incredibly rare now

Taiwan #1

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Shitpostradomus posted:

another person came in to the office sick af.
three people in my office breathing my sacred air.

then i saw this and honestly i can't stop laughing.

LOL

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Parker Brantley Can't Lose

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

The Oldest Man posted:

I am genuinely starting to think that ~follow the data~ discourse has corroded the liberal brain's ability to understand cause and effect as a concept vs correlating thing a and thing b without assessing whether and what kind of relationship might or might not exist between the two things. Like shoving someone down a flight of stairs can't be hypothesized to have caused someone's broken bones now, you can only look at the data showing that areas with high prevalence of stair pushings are correlated with high ER visits for broken bones. Talking about a possible causative relationship between the two things is inexpert speculation on which you non-credentialed non-bluechecked are unqualified to expound upon.

Did they teach stats at your high school? Was it considered a 'smart person' class like trig?

VV- Now everyone knows that it's his Dairy Queen

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

https://twitter.com/hpliszka/status/1432774941250777091?s=20

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
According to my dad

" The virus is a bioengineered weapon because it only helps the Chinese, they benefit from releasing it because it hurts the rest of the world and helps them by killing off their olds"

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Lacrosse posted:

PAX is in a few days and so is the Washington State Fair and the epidemiologists are losing their minds.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/we-think-its-a-bad-idea-wa-state-hospital-association-says-to-avoid-mass-events-state-fair

PAX of course is famous for the "pax pox," which refers not just to the communicable diseases that are ALWAYS spread at conventions like these (especially among unwashed nerds) but also for the swine flu outbreak they caused a decade ago.

But sure, having masks and a negative covid test I'm sure will make it fine.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Simpsons.gif "Yes my son is also named Brantley"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

become ungovernable

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Harold Pisska

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I dunno everyone my dad may be on to something

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shitpostradomus posted:

another person came in to the office sick af.
three people in my office breathing my sacred air.

then i saw this and honestly i can't stop laughing.

I don't agree with what they're doing, but I respect how good they are at it.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Hollismason posted:

you should tell your dad about Chen Weihua

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Hollismason posted:

probably Ivermectin

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1432765211501547525

rushing to the zoo to stick my arm in the viper cage

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you feed the snake ivermectin it injects some back into you along with the venom.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My dad spends all day every day taking benzos and watching fox news

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/goofoffartiste/status/1432783626370891780

i mean~

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I went to PAX Prime in 2011. My friend had done a half-assed Wolverine, and some dude ran up to him and started telling my friend how he didn't have a great childhood and how much Wolvarine meant to him. This dude was like 35 years old talking to an obvious half-assed cosplay. I got admonished by a server at the Hard Rock Cafe for buying my Pokemon badges, he told me I had to earn them. I also saw R2-D2 and C3P-0 getting into an elevator. That's my PAX story.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1432768917676691462?s=19
lol
https://twitter.com/CDCgov/status/1432787795681087495?s=19
lmao

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lol I remember that time at PAX when VR poo poo was just getttin popular again and a bunch of people got pink eye because they weren't cleaning the headsets between people.

I knew it would eventually happen and it was glorious when it did.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I don't agree with what they're doing, but I respect how good they are at it.

Well on the bright side no weekly reminders from grandma "did you forget to call this week?:

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1432765211501547525

rushing to the zoo to stick my arm in the viper cage

Only Venom can stop Carnage

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Regardless of what I actually die of I actually want my tombstone to be my rap sheet

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao at the bit on "Vaccination preventing the spread", this doesn't apply to the Delta variant infections.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Stevie Lee posted:

if u walk backwards down the hall, covid won't know what to do

e: just got a voicemail from some girl saying that 23andme says I'm her father what the gently caress

tell her papa needs a new lung

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Salt Fish posted:

If you feed the snake ivermectin it injects some back into you along with the venom.

give the snake some lemons and grapefruit, just to make sure you have your bases covered

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Covid floats up to the highest point of your body to try to be inhaled... if you hold your arm straight up in the air it floats up too high and you can't get infected.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

adding "benzos" to my list of covid cures

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
getting bitten in the dick by a rare amazonian snakebite to cure COVID with its godvenom is exactly what I had in mind when I watched the 1992 documentary Medicine Man with Sean Connery and Lorainne Braco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Lastgirl posted:

getting bitten in the dick by a rare amazonian

go on...