Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
snake venom is a coagulant so i can't imagine what fun that would be on a 'mectin drip combined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1432765211501547525

rushing to the zoo to stick my arm in the viper cage

If this takes off in a special way the content generated will be legendary

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1432765211501547525

rushing to the zoo to stick my arm in the viper cage

GOTTA GET ME SOME OF THAT SNAKE JUICE

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Nebulized snake venom (it's a cure)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
covid is a vascular disease, so what you want is to coagulate your blood vessels before covid does

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Asproigerosis posted:

Director at my side hospital job called me, tears in her eyes, begging me to work because 2 of the 3 nuclear medicine techs are out with covid so it's just one guy working. I said NO! I have to cover for my main job with half the staff out with covid already.

MAYBE NEXT TIME EVERYONE SHOULD MANDATE THAT loving VACCINE AS SOON AS ITS AVAILABLE AND NOT GIVE IN TO PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY YOU loving COCK GOBBLER HOSPITALS JFC :unsmigghh:

which hospitals? your primary is down in middletown right? have you heard how ai dupont or christiana are doing?

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFT6P2HJUJI

lol @ this video which is supposed to help NYC businesses deal with angry customers over the vaccination mandate for indoor dining

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

firing round after round of bullets into my body trying to route covid out

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Rubby posted:

lol @ this video which is supposed to help NYC businesses deal with angry customers over the vaccination mandate for indoor dining

a real win-win for businesses would be to offer complementary brazilian snake bites to any non-vaccinated/non-mask customer

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Rubby posted:

rofl this poo poo goes out the window immediately

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Plank Walker posted:

a real win-win for businesses would be to offer complementary brazilian snake bites to any non-vaccinated/non-mask customer

Maybe a James Bond Villain Trap door would help as well.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Snake oil making a comeback :clint:

Skewetoo and co. Genuine nebulized snake tonic. New anti-Covid formulation!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Isn't there a special flavor of Christianity that dances with venomous snakes? They just need to line up at Snake Church to get anointed.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

seriously just let the help start beating customers, just let them. those fuckos are coming back for cheetos no matter what

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

Isn't there a special flavor of Christianity that dances with venomous snakes? They just need to line up at Snake Church to get anointed.

Yes, but I think that the only state snake handling is actually legal in is West Virginia

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Swinging a 6 foot Brazilian viper around me at the grocery store to maintain proper social distancing.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Rubby posted:

are they perhaps not familiar with the other meaning of this abbreviation

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
replacing all the hand sanitizer pumps with lil snakes :3:

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Plank Walker posted:

"whoa, is that a snake?! i though you said complementary brazil bites, like the bread with the cheese. gently caress it, gimme a bite and some churrasco."

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

CaptainBeefart posted:

Swinging a 6 foot Brazilian viper around me at the grocery store to maintain proper social distancing.

you'd make a killing at a Havana sex show

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The Oldest Man posted:

I am genuinely starting to think that ~follow the data~ discourse has corroded the liberal brain's ability to understand cause and effect as a concept vs correlating thing a and thing b without assessing whether and what kind of relationship might or might not exist between the two things. Like shoving someone down a flight of stairs can't be hypothesized to have caused someone's broken bones now, you can only look at the data showing that areas with high prevalence of stair pushings are correlated with high ER visits for broken bones. Talking about a possible causative relationship between the two things is inexpert speculation on which you non-credentialed non-bluechecked are unqualified to expound upon.

that depends. does acknowledging that shoving people down stairs in any way impede brunch? if so then the liberal will demand that we "follow the science". but if shoving people down the stairs to break all their bones in some way were to make brunch happen faster, then the liberal will immediately believe it and attack anyone who suggests otherwise.

we see this intensely with Covid. "Delta is more infectious and vaccination alone won't be enough to stop it, we need to close schools and close restaurants" is a brunch-blocker and liberals scream about there not being ten peer-reviewed and published papers supporting it. "Vaccinated people don't need to wear masks" is a brunch-enabler and liberals immediately jumped onboard despite all the epidemiologists screaming that it is a horrible idea.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 31, 2021

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Where are you getting these numbers? I want to check my own county

Check your county's public health website, there's only 9 counties in Iowa doing daily updates but it includes all of the ones that people live in.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

jesus some loving bartender has to constantly listen to loving nate god drat silver every night

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Crazypoops posted:

rofl this poo poo goes out the window immediately

nah it works but you're not gonna do it effectively with a 20 minute video as your training.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!

Shifty Pony posted:

that depends. does acknowledging that shoving people down stairs in any way impede brunch? if so then the liberal will demand that we "follow the science". but if shoving people down the stairs to break all their bones in some way were to make brunch happen faster, then the liberal will immediately believe it and attack anyone who suggests otherwise.

we see this intensely with Covid. "Delta is more infectious and vaccination alone won't be enough to stop it, we need to close schools and close restaurants" is a brunch-blocker and liberals scream about there not being ten peer-reviewed and published papers supporting it. "Vaccinated people don't need to wear masks" is a brunch-enabler and liberals immediately jumped onboard despite all the epidemiologists screaming that it is a horrible idea.

This is the truth, the glory, and the light.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Crazypoops posted:

jesus some loving bartender has to constantly listen to loving nate god drat silver every night

I hope the bartender shorts him and if Nate calls them on it says Nate doesn't have enough data to prove that it isn't just the natural variance in drink pours.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Naming my gang of half-mask thugs the Brunch Blockers

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

It was super easy to schedule a booster shot. Does anyone know how long it takes to kick in, my horse is absolutely hosed with worms right now. He got Moderna for all three.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

McCracAttack posted:

I'm being told we're giving up on herd immunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhRb5hnTseU

New plan: everyone gets exposed to COVID.

none of the quotes in this sound like plans, just sounds like a lot of giving up

which, hey, USA numba 1 baby

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
was this posted yet? stolen from pyf tweets

https://twitter.com/erin719nyc/status/1431976694261424134

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Crazypoops posted:

especially bad considering he just watches people play pool and darts all night while guessing the wrong winner

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
i havent been following illinois numbers that much lately since they stopped doing weekend updates and 91-divoc cant capture it as well. regardless, today is the third time since 8/20 theyve hit 4800-4900 cases, the other times being fridays. looks like school spread might be starting to kick us into high gear and we still have 4-8 weeks before weather ramps the spread up a lot more

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
lol, was just on a video call with a guy that said he felt like poo poo and had a sore throat so had to end the meeting early. RIP that dude.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DEATH

PAIN

DEFEAT

BEDLAM

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

instead of deaths we should call them "people who lost the natural immunity lottery"

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Iverron posted:

none of the quotes in this sound like plans, just sounds like a lot of giving up

which, hey, USA numba 1 baby

Giving up can be a plan as long as you tell people about it ahead of time.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

COVID! Act Now

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Oh good, that orange county in WA was giving me hope there for a bit, PA also appears to be falling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
gently caress