Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
an elected member of the far-left australian greens!!!

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/university-students-will-be-trained-to-spot-foreign-interference-20210830-p58n3s.html posted:

Following growing concerns from Australia’s security agencies about the risk of research theft by China and other foreign actors, the guidelines state that students and staff are to “receive training on, and have access to information about how foreign interference can manifest on campus and how to raise concerns in the university or with appropriate authorities”.

i loving hate my moron country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Glorified Saudi Arabia thinks they have any worthwhile poo poo for the CCP to bother spying on, lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/nise_yoshimi/status/1432378350840938499?s=20

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/samsaragon/status/1432566626528870409

lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chairman Xi, thank you.

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I mean as someone who's lived in china for half a decade now, it really feels like xi's accelerating his changes. I think they're positive as well. that trickle down quote is bullshit, they've destroyed billions of dollars of valuation of their tech companies for the greater good of society. I'd love to see that happen in america. they're working to actually improve the average lives of workers. if he can pull it off he'll be one of the all time greatest leaders. china's wealthy enough now, let people enjoy it instead of working themselves / educating their kids to death.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I post a survey monkey and let chinese netizens rate on Xi Dah Dah's recently policies.

The underage genshin impact limit play time law far and away got the most heat lol.

From top to bottom
1 Ant group IPO stop
2 Didi investigation
3 potential new laws for Chinese companies doing IPO in the US market
4 3-child policy
5 Meituan (gig delivery) potential employment benefit requirement
6 new 996 ruling
7 Education company non profit policy
8 limited cloud game play time for kids

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gamers rise up

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the gamers have taken the lazikou pass with minimal casualties

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

There was a tweet I saw earlier about the video game ban that was like “kids can’t play video games, follow their favorite idols or ship characters now, what are they supposed to do in their free time?” And someone replied “hang out with friends or go out to play?” And the op went “this is the most american tweet ever, you have no idea what life is like in communist China”

hosed up that hanging out and playing outside are banned in China

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I think it's good that Xi is addressing the gambling in games problem although the real ID portion of it is questionable.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The boomer shooter renaissance is a CCP plot

Who, or what, is funding New Blood Interactive?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

tbh if this helps the Chinese indie game scene that's all well and good

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I saw a pretty good post about the gaming law explaining that the underage online gaming problem is "10% of profit generating 90% of the social issue discussion", that's why the regulators and the Tencent of the world kinda reached an agreement to pick on the teenager online gamers. Its so simplistic because Beijing doesn't want to different gaming companies find an easy way to cheat on it.

I mean you can still cheat by having your old man handing you his phone, but all the parental complaints go away because the complicit parents can't complain anymore. They still should fine tune it and allow for a bit longer hours in the weekend IMO.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

China is limiting online game time to spur the development of technical learning amongst the most online teen gamers. The teens will find a way around the ban, but they will learn something along the way.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

China is limiting online game time to spur the development of technical learning amongst the most online teen gamers. The teens will find a way around the ban, but they will learn something along the way.

Undermining state authority and ccp jurisdiction, dissemination of western anti-communist thought. Death by firing squad.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You got to learn climb that wall from grade school.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

FrancisFukyomama posted:

hosed up that hanging out and playing outside are banned in China

air quality in some places might not make playing outside all that attractive

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Maximo Roboto posted:

Is air quality still a problem? I thought they cracked down on that hard.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The CPC cracking down on algorithms and online gaming? Was there a private viewing of Space Jam 2 for top party officials? LeChina strikes again!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Hey Brutalist, how big of a problem would evergrande defaulting be? Is evergrande in trouble?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"On Touching Grass", by Xi Jinping

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Maximo Roboto posted:

but enough about the western united states

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

stephenthinkpad posted:

I am hoping the Chinese underground gaming industry will throw their weight on ARM emulators. Current emulation state of PS2 on mobile phone is janky as gently caress. Maybe the need of playing non networked old games will greatly improve android emulation of PS2, older windows and Switch.

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1432472347718533121?s=20
https://twitter.com/RealSexyCyborg/status/1432480056849305602?s=20
:hmmyes: Most youth will abandon addictive gacha trash or MOBAs and learn to run console games on their phones. Some will learn how to bypass biometric locks instead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Xi- "Learn to code"

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

stephenthinkpad posted:

I post a survey monkey and let chinese netizens rate on Xi Dah Dah's recently policies.

The underage genshin impact limit play time law far and away got the most heat lol.

From top to bottom
1 Ant group IPO stop
2 Didi investigation
3 potential new laws for Chinese companies doing IPO in the US market
4 3-child policy
5 Meituan (gig delivery) potential employment benefit requirement
6 new 996 ruling
7 Education company non profit policy
8 limited cloud game play time for kids

Why do people dislike the crackdown on 996? Are they worried they are going to miss out on overtime pay? I am not read up on it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey Brutalist, how big of a problem would evergrande defaulting be? Is evergrande in trouble?
seems like they are. but i dunno. maybe the government wants to shepherd them into bankruptcy?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

the cruel tutelage of xi jinping

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

seems like they are. but i dunno. maybe the government wants to shepherd them into bankruptcy?

Ok I wasn't sure if you had anymore info. Thanks!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Ok I wasn't sure if you had anymore info. Thanks!
np. i don't know the answer. some friends who read this thread were also talking about it. like, is debt in china subject to contagion or not? or is it just kinda fake with government departments owing money to other departments, and if evergrande defaults, will it matter?

so far... :shrug:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

you make your friends read this thread?

do they like me?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

np. i don't know the answer. some friends who read this thread were also talking about it. like, is debt in china subject to contagion or not? or is it just kinda fake with government departments owing money to other departments, and if evergrande defaults, will it matter?

so far... :shrug:

Maybe this has to do with some of the QE their central bank is doing. Evergrade says they have enough funds for 12 months of debt obligations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Maybe this has to do with some of the QE their central bank is doing. Evergrade says they have enough funds for 12 months of debt obligations.

> Evergrande Real Estate Group

oh. oh god is this their property bubble popping

A Jupiter
Apr 25, 2010

posting on the very auspicious page 888

发发发 / 發發發

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

> Evergrande Real Estate Group

oh. oh god is this their property bubble popping

There is some other bad MOJO happening in china's economy too. August pmi numbers are in contraction territory. Manufacturing was the only one in expansion by .1

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

the cruel tutelage of xi jinping

lol imagining xi as a master who teachers kung fu by making his disciples do menial chores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lucky number page

i just discovered prokofiev's birthday song to stalin ("zdravitsa!") so, naturally, i was curious to see how it'd sync up with CPC propaganda

:stare:

https://files.catbox.moe/vxj7pn.mp4

crepeface posted:

lol imagining xi as a master who teachers kung fu by making his disciples do menial chores.
i try to make a post on the forums but when i hit post, i'm automatically logged out. or i go pick up a cup of coke and the lid pops off because it wasn't put on snugly. but that's how the steel is tempered

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 02:37 on Sep 1, 2021