Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

catapulting my plague children over the school walls to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Lastgirl posted:

americans are lemmings

fun fact about lemmings. the scenes in White Wilderness that created this myth were faked by Disney filmmakers chucking a couple of lemmings into a river

so yes, Americans are absolutely lemmings

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

They hate my freedoms

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Stereotype posted:

people watching godzilla destroy city after city are shrilly complaining about all the lost economic activity and blaming it on the people running away from godzilla

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

You go and touch the greens which has some moisture on it first dumb dumb

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Stereotype posted:

its funny that people keep screaming "WE NEED TO LIVE WITH THE VIRUS" like we aren't doing that right now already. this is what living with the virus looks like, we are doing it. they want things to go back to normal and are just going to holler and yell about it instead of actually doing anything meaningful to improve the situation.

It's pretty funny actually, I am learning to live with it. I'm not leaving my home fuckos and judging by the shops and restaurants all closed in my chud area it looks like everyone else is too

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I mean we also learned to live with rain by building roofs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/FLOTUS/status/1432404717393653769?s=20

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Honest about the risks we face, and by we I mean you, and by risks I mean get in there and die

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

if I smoke 2 a day I'm blitzed out of my mind, how the gently caress can somebody smoke 25

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

the latest from the Tomi breeding pond

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

hello?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

open biden :shepface:

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Louisgod posted:

if I smoke 2 a day I'm blitzed out of my mind, how the gently caress can somebody smoke 25

when you smoke that much your tolerance is so high that you don't feel all that much

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Louisgod posted:

easily

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Screw Hitler, I want to know what Napoleon III would have thought of mask mandates.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Louisgod posted:

lol I have to be careful on one pull or I'll be hosed up all day

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Louisgod posted:

hail to the beef chief

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

she's going to be shocked to learn that it's hard to go to disney world on $235 a week

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Casey Finnigan posted:

letting covid run rampant is just trashing everything with no upside whatsoever, unless you're stupid, which of course everyone is.

It's simple. If you are the main character you know that COVID will never impact you, personally. So you're good.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Casey Finnigan posted:

when you smoke that much your tolerance is so high that you don't feel all that much

sounds like being alive

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

zero solutions

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Crazypoops posted:

lol I have to be careful on one pull or I'll be hosed up all day

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

hey. s^

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I used to smoke a ton of weed before work and then my tolerance was so high I'd be essentially sober by the time I finished my commute. honestly it was a big waste of money and something I shouldn't have done!!!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Making this the parent's decision is some bullshit half-freedom. It should be up to the kids.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lol it's not fair my wife has to smoke like 3-4 to even get anything

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Stereotype posted:

"reality exists" is apparently a controversial statement right now

'Right now'? Has been for at least three decades or so now.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

BONGHITZ posted:

how did this operation go?

Pretty well, but still a WIP.

I had a 3-hour videocall with my dad and his SO plus her daughter (only immediate family with a school-age kid). I recorded it with OBS although I ran out of hdd space 2 hours in lol.

I found several concise & illustrative sources for the first 50-60%, from nature.com and other scientific or medical journals.

However when I went into newer or ever-evolving topics like Delta, NPIs, risk for children, etc I got a bit bogged down since the info was spread across dozens of pre-prints and hundreds of tweets and articles and posts from this thread.

So, I'm going to re-record what I did in multiple shorter vids, and then iterate upon them when needed. That way I can keep it up-to-date and the vids themselves might become good enough to be shared publicly.

Right now I'm waiting for some feedback on the 2h~ vid just to ensure that I didn't make any factual errors, and to get constructive criticism on content, presentation, tone, etc.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Casey Finnigan posted:

I used to smoke a ton of weed before work and then my tolerance was so high I'd be essentially sober by the time I finished my commute. honestly it was a big waste of money and something I shouldn't have done!!!

if you have a high tolerance and take a weed break, you get super moody and poo poo for days but its worth it, even better if you go on months long hiatus and return to a modest sesh

they sure make those dabs pretty high concentrate these days that makes flowers worthless

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

COVID-19 is not the only endemic problem in public health. For example, obesity is an endemic problem that leads to diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Sexually transmitted diseases and teen pregnancy are endemic. And the epidemics of HIV, hepatitis, and overdoses due to the use of illicit substances are never‐​ending. Unlike the COVID-19 viral pandemic, which can affect any human in its path, these other conditions usually involve lifestyle choices. But what they all have in common is that we will never be able to eradicate them completely, and efforts to address them get bogged down by politicizing and moralizing. Zero‐​tolerance approaches to all these problems are not only destined to fail, but they cause more harm than good.

A zero‐​tolerance policy toward illicit drug use causes harms to many facets of society, well beyond the harms that result from using tainted black‐​market drugs. Likewise, a zero‐​tolerance policy toward COVID-19 carries tradeoffs involving mental and physical health, education, economic well‐​being, wealth disparity, and societal integrity, well beyond the harms of COVID-19. Accepting the fact that we will never have a drug‐​free society, Congress and the Biden administration are showing a renewed appreciation for harm reduction strategies to address illicit drug use. These strategies aim at making illicit drug use less likely to spread death and disease while accepting that there will always be people who use illicit drugs. Public health officials and policymakers need to accept that we will never have a COVID‐​free society. There will always be new variants and occasional outbreaks. They should pivot to harm reduction strategies to address the COVID-19 pandemic to allow life to go on, as “normal” as possible, in a world where COVID-19 is endemic.

the CATO paper is stupid in ways I couldn't even anticipate

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Stereotype posted:

"reality exists" is apparently a controversial statement right now

Always has been.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
tfw your "natural immunity" strategy is going well

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

Vox Nihili posted:

Hell, it can't be any harder than Zero Influenza at this point

gently caress, we almost hit that by accident with half-assed covid measures!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
texas is finally taking action!
https://twitter.com/briandrosie/status/1432736558361325570

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Der Meister posted:

have you guys been assuming we would eradicate COVID this whole time lol

we can’t do anything

This is the thread for everyone who wanted to go covid zero from the beginning when it was possible. But then the people who love Number and Panera bread bowls said it wasn't possible and then ensured that their declaration came true. It's really quite maddening.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Atrocious Joe posted:

the CATO paper is stupid in ways I couldn't even anticipate

Like just make masks actually required to be worn when transmission is high (not recommended, actually worn) and require people to be vaxxed to participate in society. There, you're pretty much done now. It isn't a binary decision between eternal lockdown and letting healthcare collapse.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
How hard is it to obtain certified, live, Delta virions? Like I mean something you can 100% be sure is going to infect someone.
Because I really want someone to show up with a camera crew to one of these fucks while they are speaking, or at their homes, and just challenge them then and there to put up or shut the gently caress up. Inject the 'roni or shut the gently caress up.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

this is north carolina tho?

lol kevin getting owned by nhannahjones then this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Like I'd prefer COVID Zero but I'll settle for not COVID infinity.