Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Neil's a shitlib but lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We want the paste
Gotta have that paste

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/matthewlehew/status/1432392705104093187

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Everything is real dumb

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/stuartpalley/status/1431420278018428930?s=20
https://twitter.com/stuartpalley/status/1431423498476425222?s=20

Wildfire smoke is horrendous and it's terrifying to imagine getting COVID after breathing it for extended periods

not sure who the gently caress the "if you keep yelling at me, i'll let my own bad decisions kill me and i'll no longer be a threat to you and your family" argument is supposed to appeal to

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

There's gotta be thousands of more teachers who feel the same way

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

MIL update, in a hospital ER getting fluids and O2 waiting to be admitted to a bed. She was J&J vaccinated (due to medical history and doctors recommendation) but with her laundry list of comorbidities to include a not great immune system, the odds probably aren't super great.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Shiroc posted:

Everything is real dumb

but the content is :discourse:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

c.1.2 dropping’ next

my money is on the japan N501S delta variant. it mutated in a similar way that wild strain -> alpha.. it picked up the same kind of potentially more transmissible mutation that alpha got. it's way too early to know for sure if it actually is worse, but yikes... if you can imagine delta getting even more infectious

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got a lib mad at me for saying that if we had done a real lockdown then covid wouldn't exist anymore. Poor Taiwan, China, New Zealand and Australia until recently. Preposterous places that only exist in bad faith.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/911_1960/status/1432387581224882181?s=20

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Cousin IL best friend just died from not enough open Biden

Doctors said there wasn't enough Applebee's in her system

She was fully vaxxed

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Nihilist Arbys: We've got the paste.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

my boomer, Florida-living parents just sent me pictures of them at a birthday party for my mother's boomer, Florida-living sister. the party was indoors at a restaurant.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the invisible vaccine deaths are so much more terrible than the visible covid deaths

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I’m here for the Dairy Queen online order. My name? I’m Yuri Nating

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
extra horsey sauce

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

There's gotta be thousands of more teachers who feel the same way

Not a teacher but can relate to the feeling of once feeling like you had a meaningful job helping people, but then realizing that no one in the community gives a poo poo if they kill you, as long as they're getting their needs met. Really wish I had just been a computer toucher at this point. I used to love people and now all I feel is hate lol.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Excuse me, those are freedom trucks

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

bedpan posted:

my boomer, Florida-living parents just sent me pictures of them at a birthday party for my mother's boomer, Florida-living sister. the party was indoors at a restaurant.

same. my immunocomprised, diabetes having mom just post pics of her unvaxxed friend and family who just flew in from Oaxaca MX to stay with them. rip mom, plz leave me all your stuff

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I'd talk to my parents about the need to wear masks and the existence of breakthrough cases but both of them watch cable news

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/Dons_Lawn_Salon/status/1432730398220562434?s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Lolol remember this rear end in a top hat?

https://twitter.com/kgemeroy/status/1432128646727172100

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Notahippie posted:

Same, they pushed whatever it was into my IV and about the last thing I remember was them asking me if I felt okay and saying "oh yeah, this poo poo is coming oonnnnnnnn"

Endoscopy sedation might have been the best sleep I've ever had. I don't think I "got" why someone without chronic pain would ever want to take benzos or opioids before that, but man

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Is he dead now

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

lol, lmao

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Post the death tweet if you're gonna post the before

stump collector
May 28, 2007
this thread moves insanely fast, are there any resources on outcomes for unvaccinated kids are (3 and under) or do we just not know yet

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/1432871381704732672?s=20

Homeless Friend posted:

australia getting frontpage news space for deadliest day and its like 8 ppl rocks lol

ah those halcyon days *sighs wistfully*

also rip homeless friend, dipped a toe in d&d and got caught in a month long riptide.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/PYMundGenealogy/status/1430159626851471368?s=20

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Thoguh posted:

Collapse is far more exciting than reality, which is stuff just slowly getting shittier for the next hundred years or so.

yeah, there is no finality to collapse. speaking for myself - I seem to have this idea of an "end" hardwired into me which I have to regularly remind myself isn't real. it's gradual decay with probably some stunning, abrupt calamities thrown in here and there. death is the only escape.

this is not an endorsement of suicide, which, after all, would prevent one from witnessing all this tremendous content

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

can you wear n95s more than once?

I remember early on there was a mask discussion about KN95s and some linked YouTube said they were good to reuse assuming you let them dry over a few days. the recommendation was to keep up a rotation of masks. which I have been doing with the KN95s

Short answer: Yes, expect to get about 30-40 hours of fuse per a disposable mask. You can wear them until the materials start to wear down too much to make a good seal, or the mask material becomes too dirty.

I think this is the video you're talking about, with a much longer and more complete answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_In-nBP6WkQ

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

stump collector posted:

this thread moves insanely fast, are there any resources on outcomes for unvaccinated kids are (3 and under) or do we just not know yet

learn to live with the virus

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Is he dead now

This ain’t gonna kill that guy sadly, this poo poo only seems to kill people who don’t/can’t get healthcare because they can’t afford it or they’re in denial.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

holy poo poo this is the massacre we feared :stare:

remember delta was sometimes killing people in india and UK in about 4 days from symptom onset. that's like teacher is out on Thursday and the principal makes an announcement on Monday that they're dead. imagine how much that would gently caress up the kids in the class... i mean god drat

what the gently caress are we doing opening schools

what the gently caress is biden doing to allow it all to happen. use whatever loving federal power you can to shut down the schools that won't mask up. eminent domain them into makeshift military bases using the DPA for fucks sake... ANYTHING

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
this u?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

"nobody is to blame for it, including me"

nice lol, gonna have to remember that line.

i'm sorry your honor but nobody is to blame for this red light I ran, including me. the whole system of traffic lights is unjust. good day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

it's me up until the last one. covid is never over.