Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Game show hosts are accountable to all the people, whereas politicians in a democracy are accountable to about 37% of the adult population. It would be half, but, you know, voter suppression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

it would have been less controversial if he had just been announced as the new host to start with. instead they did this whole thing about "searching" for the right new host and floating a bunch of names, leading to a bunch of speculation, before picking the executive who was supposedly leading the search. like "hmmm after weighing every possible option i have decided to pick: me"

he might have been canned even if that didnt happen but them ginning up attention naturally led to a bigger backlash when they went the nepotism route

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

DontMockMySmock posted:

Game show hosts are accountable to all the people, whereas politicians in a democracy are accountable to about 37% of the adult population. It would be half, but, you know, voter suppression.

Don't forget gerrymandering, electoral college, winner take all primaries and apathy.

It's more like 20%

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Just give us LaVar you loving idiots. You're not trying to capture the racist olds who will die soon, you want new viewers and he's the ticket to millennials tuning in. I mean, they won't, but it's at least an idea they'd theoretically get behind.

Just the balls of the guy who decides picking his goddamn self blows my mind. gently caress that guy and his ilk.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I like how people act like Jeopardy! is some paragon of all this holy, instead of just the show people watch while eating dinner and waiting for 8:00pm.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

buzzard is a better host than levar sorry bro

BuckT.Trend
Apr 22, 2003

My god, it's full of stars!
Well, we did elect a terrible game show host to be president, and look how that turned out.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Jabberlock posted:

support your local squallet dealer instead

Indeed.

Don't support and fall victim to Big Squallet.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Cocaine Bear posted:

Just the balls of the guy who decides picking his goddamn self blows my mind. gently caress that guy and his ilk.

I heard it referred to as he "pulled a Dick Cheney," which I thought was a good expression. Put it up there with being a Quisling.

Side note, Dick Cheney is still not dead.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

"Yeah, keep looking" :smug:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

im pooping! posted:

buzzard is a better host than levar sorry bro

Most were better than Levar.

Levar is amazing at scripted stuff, but in live situations he has this sort of bug eyed anxiety like he can't keep up with the pace of things, or communicate well with the players.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

For my money I think it should be Jennings, he's got the connections and he has Trebek's personal endorsement

Unfortunately he did a podcast with somebody who got cancelled for a tweet that everybody's already forgotten about

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
People angrily campaigning for levar to get the job before he even tried out for it kind of soured me on the thought of him taking the spot, for some reason.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Replace another show with Reading Rainbow for regular fiction and nonfiction.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lance Reddick

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just get Poida to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEBa3GI0AyU

That's Eric Bana

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Deki posted:

People angrily campaigning for levar to get the job before he even tried out for it kind of soured me on the thought of him taking the spot, for some reason.

Just say you wanted it to be hosted by Date Rapely

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

The new host is going to be Tom Waits, sorry

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Just say you wanted it to be hosted by Date Rapely

Stick Stickley's black sheep cousin

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

flavor.flv posted:

For my money I think it should be Jennings, he's got the connections and he has Trebek's personal endorsement

Unfortunately he did a podcast with somebody who got cancelled for a tweet that everybody's already forgotten about

I think he had a lovely tweet of his own that was something along the lines of "nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

freeedr posted:

why would you apologise for this

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

freeedr posted:

Hasn’t he been cancelled yet? How long can he get away with his larping

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

TOM WAITS: (growling)HERE JANITHH. HOWR THINS IH ININNA JUNNTH

JANICE: I…

…what?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Snowy posted:

Furthermore, professional wrestling is FAKE

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Snowy posted:

Can you really cancel someone who sleeps in a broken fridge under a bypass with a blind dog and a stolen harmonica?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Did someone say Tom Waits?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

freeedr posted:

Throw in a piano for the man, and you've got a deal.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Rasmus posted:

I heard it referred to as he "pulled a Dick Cheney," which I thought was a good expression. Put it up there with being a Quisling.
Pulling a Cheney's already taken for shooting someone in the face, then making them apologize to you afterwards

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Tom Waits an excuse to post the greatest thing ever.

A chorus of Toms Waits with Keith Richards accompanying.

https://youtu.be/hJgWaqwZml4

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

https://youtu.be/j-c5L_45_gA

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I think he had a lovely tweet of his own that was something along the lines of "nothing sadder than a hot person in a wheelchair"

Yeah, the wheelchair tweet was what I thought was the shittiest. I don't care that he's friends with bean dad. I don't think his tweeting record was bad enough to be disqualifying, and he's otherwise a strong candidate for lots of reasons.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Sorry thats only the second best.

https://youtu.be/bMVvC3y6zko

^^^ Well there was also the 'Asians have funny eyes' tweet and the bean dad defense even after the people found the really racist stuff.

Macdeo Lurjtux has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Sep 1, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The new host will just be IBM WATSON deep faking Alex

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

The Bloop posted:

The new host will just be IBM WATSON deep faking Alex

To be honest I am sure that kind of tech is not too far off.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
IBM Watson running Microsoft's Tay AI.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Yoshi Wins posted:

Yeah, the wheelchair tweet was what I thought was the shittiest. I don't care that he's friends with bean dad. I don't think his tweeting record was bad enough to be disqualifying, and he's otherwise a strong candidate for lots of reasons.

Meanwhile, Mayim Bialik has made many antivaxx (or at least antivaxx adjacent) comments, which seems far more egregious to me, especially in light of current events.

edit: her comments as of 2020

quote:

“The truth is, I delayed vaccinations for reasons that you don’t necessarily get to know about simply because you follow me on social media…. As of today, my children may not have had every one of the vaccinations that your children have, but my children are vaccinated.” Bialik then detailed her beliefs that children receive “way too many vaccines in this country” and that “the medical community often operate[s] from a place of fear in order to make money.” Still, she found it “very disturbing” that some people would not be vaccinated against COVID-19.

So many weasel words.

HelloIAmYourHeart has a new favorite as of 04:44 on Sep 1, 2021

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Meanwhile, Mayim Bialik has made many antivaxx (or at least antivaxx adjacent) comments, which seems far more egregious to me, especially in light of current events.

edit: her comments as of 2020

So many weasel words.

Plus she endorsed and promoted Neurivin, a snake-oil "brain supplement." She's not a credible person, which is too bad. I would really like to like her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Infinitum posted:

Just get Poida to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEBa3GI0AyU

That's Eric Bana

as someone who grew up watching the aussie sketch shows like The Comedy Company, Fast Forward and Full Frontal, Eric Bana's career has been mildly bemusing