Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mr. Neutron posted:

Unfortunately not, it's 1728p (not 1440p, my mistake). Also the UI is badly upscaled and pixelated. It's clean in the PC version, no matter what resolution you pick (I play it at 4k).

Basically what I am saying is if you have the option of playing it on PC, I would recommend that.

Laffo, the sequels do full 4k.

I've played it on PC too, but the never fixed controller bug drove me insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they actually say they think the pixelated font is cool and an improvement in the video

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i invited people over to my house to look at FFXIII on ps3, it was the best looking game i'd ever seen at the time

boring as gently caress tho!!!

e: drat, still looks amazing after all this time

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Barudak posted:

Laffo, the sequels do full 4k.

Because they ran at 720p originally, while the first game didn't even manage that. They took the original resolution and multiplied it by 3.

Barudak posted:

I've played it on PC too, but the never fixed controller bug drove me insane

Yep, originally the PC port was indeed terrible and it took a long time till some dedicated fan fixed it.

https://github.com/rebtd7/FF13Fix

Super No Vacancy posted:

they actually say they think the pixelated font is cool and an improvement in the video

I suppose it's a matter of opinion. I did not like it in the slightest. It's not like the original was a 16bit game or anything.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 1, 2021

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ive had the game on pc for like 5 years and on xbox for like 1 and have never played it so i cant really say

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

ive had the game on pc for like 5 years and on xbox for like 1 and have never played it so i cant really say

it stinks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lotta babes tho

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
it's good, you get to walk down at least four kinds of hallway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Everyone should play the Final Fantasy 13 series of games, imho.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Is Final Fantasy 13 worth a shot? I really liked 7, 8, and 9 back in the day and thought 10 was alright but middling. Nothing since then has grabbed me at all, but I'm down to give a gamepass game a shot.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

say no more

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

obviously ymmv and everyone has different tastes but it's probably the most boring game i ever played.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I have never played a FF game in my life and I am not about to start now. Doesn't seem like I'm missing much tbh.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I absolutely adore the game but uh, the story is actual cutting room floor leftovers stitched together and never ever would I recommend you watch them and well, uh, that leaves the combat which I think is exquisite but if you don't you're gonna have a bad time.

In summary: Play FFV

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
It takes 95 years to get going (which I put up with when it came out but would not now) but when it opens up I found the battles fun.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

John F Bennett posted:

I have never played a FF game in my life and I am not about to start now. Doesn't seem like I'm missing much tbh.

The ones that came out on PS1 were good at the time, but I don't have the attention span for that poo poo nowadays. The characters and stories are also pretty on the nose in that anime way, which I didn't mind as a child but absolutely hate as an adult.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

obviously ymmv and everyone has different tastes but it's probably the most boring game i ever played.

Well I think most games are slop, so it sounds like I wouldn't enjoy it.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Been playing some Forza 7 this week and I'm coming around on it a little bit. One thing I would love to see next gen Forza do is have a Flight Sim like real world dynamic weather that could be applied to racing in the real world locations. So you could choose to race under whatever the current track conditions were in the real world if you were so inclined. Some of the weather stuff they did in 7 was really neat, but unfortunately one of the things you notice if you like lots of laps is that a lot of it is actually static. Like a pool of water will form and look exactly the same for the next 7 laps if it keeps raining. I don't know what kind of doing that would take but I think it would be a really cool feature, I love how it works in Flight Sim.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Barudak posted:

I absolutely adore the game but uh, the story is actual cutting room floor leftovers stitched together and never ever would I recommend you watch them and well, uh, that leaves the combat which I think is exquisite but if you don't you're gonna have a bad time.

Same and I agree but only partially - the first game's story is great (provided you are willing to read the (numerous) datapad entries) and the finalle always gives me the chills.

And then they pissed all over it in the sequel which introduced stupid crap like time travel because ??? and two very unlikeable protagonists. I think I only finished it once back when it came out and never replayed it.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

ultrachrist posted:

It takes 95 years to get going (which I put up with when it came out but would not now) but when it opens up I found the battles fun.

If Game Pass has any impact on game development I hope the low cost of switching games encourages devs to get players into the meat of the game fast. I tried to play Cross Code because I heard it was a cool Zelda-like RPG. 2.5 hours later I was still muddling through the 12 part tutorial and meeting shithead characters with overbearing accents (in a text-only game) and clicking through enormous text dumps about the totally original world about robots in an MMO and an amnesiac chosen-one main character blah blah. Just get to the loving game!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

i remember the guy in gamestop telling me FFXIII gets good after 12 hours, that shoulda been my warning lol

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

i remember the guy in gamestop telling me FFXIII gets good after 12 hours, that shoulda been my warning lol

It took me like twice that long to get to the point where the game finally stops tutorializing and gives you a full party and large environments to explore. And the hosed up thing is that it's true, it really does get good at that point. A couple dozen hours in, good grief.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Not only did FFXIII have too much handholding and tutorializing, it was really bad at it. Lots of people fell off the game once it started to demand some understanding of the systems.

Still my second or third favorite game in the series though.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
FF1 is the only good FF.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Kevyn posted:

FF1 is the only good FF.

Hey, I think you forgot the 2 on the end there

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Honestly I think people were too harsh on ff13, but it’s also probably the worst mainline FF game in between the years of 1991 and 2021 (FF4-15, FFT, FF7 Remake, all the 14 expansions)

Which actually, sounds pretty bad when you say it that way

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
FF13 was my first final fantasy game. I liked it but eventually the hallways got to me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

eventually you see all video games as just a procession of more-or-less cleverly disguised hallways

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Would FF13 have a fast forward mode like that other remaster did?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Lammasu posted:

FF13 was my first final fantasy game. I liked it but eventually the hallways got to me.

Honestly enjoyed it for the aesthetics and neat battle mechanics and hated the non-linear exploration areas. The corridors and cutscenes model was working well enough based on the cast and the music and if the story had gone on another ten or so hours I honestly wouldn't have minded.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Super No Vacancy posted:

eventually you see all video games as just a procession of more-or-less cleverly disguised hallways

Every video game is a bunch of sewer levels in disguise.

Craftopia is some jank! Grammar and typo's included. Also the interface hints are still mentioning keyboard keys and the settings have pc options.

Still, it's pretty ok for a bit but very unoriginal. Could be nice if you enjoy crafting/mining types of games.

John F Bennett fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Sep 2, 2021

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol at "we believe in generations" coming full circle.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1433436445449068547?s=19

If only there were a smart system for delivery of the best version of the game you already purchased...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Unbelievably stingy by Sony

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

John F Bennett posted:

Craftopia is some jank! Grammar and typo's included. Also the interface hints are still mentioning keyboard keys and the settings have pc options.

Still, it's pretty ok for a bit but very unoriginal. Could be nice if you enjoy crafting/mining types of games.

I installed this and at first I was like wtf is this janky rear end poo poo? But then I kept playing and playing until I had to start work and it's still janky but addictive as hell. Like what if you mushed Breath of the Wild into a grindy crafting game where you can punch trees with your fists or explode cows into milk with a stick?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

ultrachrist posted:

I installed this and at first I was like wtf is this janky rear end poo poo? But then I kept playing and playing until I had to start work and it's still janky but addictive as hell. Like what if you mushed Breath of the Wild into a grindy crafting game where you can punch trees with your fists or explode cows into milk with a stick?

not sure i want to play a game in which madison cawthorn is the hero... (a joke, made in good taste)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

Lol at "we believe in generations" coming full circle.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1433436445449068547?s=19

If only there were a smart system for delivery of the best version of the game you already purchased...

They are selling a ps5 version for their 70 dollar ps5 price

Lol if its not different from the 60 dollar ps4 one

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It has exclusive poses in photo mode.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh wait i see theyre talking about an upgrade not existing, not a next gen version

Mea culpa.

Sony thinks fancy rumble costs 10 dollars and its uncool imo

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Why can’t all consoles be the size of the series s? It’s seriously perfect, both in design and price.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

because they need to have good graphics :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

fat bossy gerbil posted:

Why can’t all consoles be the size of the series s? It’s seriously perfect, both in design and price.

Honestly don't mind the x as much as I thought I would. It just kinda sits behind the tv standing vertically faced so that I can still have access to the disc drive.

e: and it has good graphics