Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

https://youtu.be/v5JiPj9c98Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
all the hospital beds in oklahoma are effectively full so grandma goes to hospice care

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/edburmila/status/1433198662369398791

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ham Cheeks posted:

america tried to bio china and hosed up didn't they

There is exactly as much evidence the US did it as China did it. Fort Bragg & the Wuhan lab both had some form of airborne disease leaked into the public, neither appear to have been Covid or have actually spread. Both countries participated in the Wuhan WMG 2019. The WMG 2019 is becoming more accepted as the first super spreader event as it accounts for the outbreaks in Iran & Italy.

My personal theory is that COVID existed in one of the wet/exotic meat markets, and the super meathead types participating in WMG 2019 likely took trips to eat exotic meats there for strength and big dick power.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol remember how states were competitively bidding on PPE and whichever governor was able to steal enough money from schools or safety net systems to give to MiddleManCo to get enough masks for their healthcare workers would get them? And the the feds were just stealing them and giving them to Florida anyway. Well now that's being done for healthcare professionals. all the states are desperately trying to lure nurses and doctors away from other states, who also already don't have enough nurses and doctors.

Biden is doing literally the exact same thing as Trump was except is being quiet and calm about it instead of being the worlds loudest idiot lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

mastershakeman posted:

At least at the office someone will usually nudge you back awake

only if your coworkers give a poo poo about you. otherwise they'll report you to your manager

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Zurtilik posted:

Could my employer forbid me from wearing a respirator? What do I do if my employer attempt to strong arm me into not wearing one in some way?

Cal OSHA has some special covid rules, if you're in california. https://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/coronavirus/ETS.html

quote:

Employers may not retaliate against employees for wearing face coverings.

quote:

(G) No employer shall prevent any employee from wearing a face covering when not required by this section, unless it would create a safety hazard, such as interfering with the safe operation of equipment.

lol, they also require employers to offer respirators (not elastomeric respirators) to employees that request them.

quote:

Q: What is an employer’s obligation to provide respirators?

A: An employer must provide respirators in two scenarios: (1) to any unvaccinated employee who works with others indoors or in a vehicle and who requests one and (2) where there is a major outbreak, to any employees in the exposed group for voluntary use. The respirator must be the right size, and the employee must receive basic instruction on how to get a good “seal,” or fit.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

No vacancy dead losers find another morgue

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

There is exactly as much evidence the US did it as China did it. Fort Bragg & the Wuhan lab both had some form of airborne disease leaked into the public, neither appear to have been Covid or have actually spread. Both countries participated in the Wuhan WMG 2019. The WMG 2019 is becoming more accepted as the first super spreader event as it accounts for the outbreaks in Iran & Italy.

My personal theory is that COVID existed in one of the wet/exotic meat markets, and the super meathead types participating in WMG 2019 likely took trips to eat exotic meats there for strength and big dick power.

so it’s lab related and also from the meat market???

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Crazypoops posted:

No vacancy dead losers find another morgue

:yooge: Low energy corpses staggering in, blood streaming from their eyes, saying "Mr. Coroner!!! We need a place to wait for burial, Mr. Coroner!" I said No!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

morgues taken

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

morgue's closed

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I want to die.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Gunshow Poophole posted:

https://twitter.com/ItsPhetz/status/1432815804328804357?s=20

Bleach, HCQ, no masks no zoom
not me just free the horse paste applicator while I
post a picture of the dosage, but suddenly I'm blind from it
please don't put I died from it anyhow

What we all know is that vaccines are pre-approval
Ivermectin keeps my skin and my complexion youthful
All my friends lose their sense of smell and of taste
Hubby got a fever. Pocket full of paste.

Hubby's got a fever, pocket full of paste

thank you!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

ah well

don't cry because it's over, cry because it happened

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
luckily hawaii bought like 5 morgue trailers last year so we're all good

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also for anyone thinking that cases are going down: hawaii has been reporting huge testing backlogs and "lab system reporting issues" for weeks now. 13 people died in hawaii from covid today, the worst so far ever

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

:yooge: Low energy corpses staggering in, blood streaming from their eyes, saying "Mr. Coroner!!! We need a place to wait for burial, Mr. Coroner!" I said No!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

But there were no vacancies at the morgue, so Mary and Joseph were stacked head-to-toe in a repurposed meat shipping container

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

we here in America will see you on the other side of COVID 30k, USF. enjoy your completely avoidable death and suffering

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Stereotype posted:

also for anyone thinking that cases are going down: hawaii has been reporting huge testing backlogs and "lab system reporting issues" for weeks now. 13 people died in hawaii from covid today, the worst so far ever

lol if u need a med evac from hawaii cause the icu is full

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Der Meister posted:

so it’s lab related and also from the meat market???

That's the China theory - the Chinese lab was studying it from a local meat market, and purposefully set it loose at the WMG '19.

US leaked, Chinese leaked, & meat market accident or any combo of probably has no impact on our ability to stop the fucker now.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pillowpants posted:

Two weeks ago, a coworker had to take bereavement time because her mom died of Covid

last week her dad died of Covid

Friday, her husband tested positive

Monday he went to the ICU

Today, she tested positive.

As somebody that probably is gonna have a spouse almost surely go to the funeral of a COVID death this weekend. Cool. Looking forward to the next few weeks.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Mola Yam posted:

ah well

don't cry because it's over, cry because it happened

I lost the last 1.5 years of my life for nothing and am still gonna die. #DeSantiswasright

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

That's the China theory - the Chinese lab was studying it from a local meat market, and purposefully set it loose at the WMG '19.

US leaked, Chinese leaked, & meat market accident or any combo of probably has no impact on our ability to stop the fucker now.

it's important for assigning the blame, which will change uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jetz0r posted:

I own that honeywell with a speech diaphragm, the ru8500. it is NOT a vent, all the speech diaphragms are taunt pieces of plastic that vibrates like a drum head from your voice. i definitely still sound muffled, but it's more like comparing Bane speaking to the TF2 pyro.

I'd suggest getting a HF800 from zoro if you want a speech diaphragm, my RU8500 is the least comfortable of the 3 respirators I own, and it doesn't fit my face as well as the honeywell 7700 or HF800.

How would you say sizing compares between the 8500 and the hf800? I wear the med in the 8500

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

its funny that joe rogan doesn't even believe his own bullshit. really buying you think this is NBD by taking every loving possible remedy

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Of course class is a factor, because the rich don't work. I was replying to "If you can afford supportive, proactive care, this disease might as well not exist for you."

America is the only allegedly developed country where people can't "afford" pro active care.

Early and consistent testing of yourself and the people around you if you want it, too. That's a big part of it. Being able to actually know if you've been exposed and also get tested on the regular is huge so you can get care immediately vs only be admitted to the hospital if you're almost dead already. Even if you are a 90 year old pickled ghoul you'll probably be fine if you get all the good poo poo on Day 0.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Do not go gentle into that good night, neigh, neigh against the dying of the right

gregday
May 23, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

a bat working at a lab released it

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I lost the last 1.5 years of my life for nothing and am still gonna die. #DeSantiswasright

no you didn't what the gently caress. you got to walk around in public unmasked for a year and a half while the rest of us were cowering in our homes with our respirators while our loved ones dropped like flies. count your loving blessings

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I bolded the part that's bullshit.
believe me, I know professional workers can be unionized, I organized one

but they aren’t, and a lot of them are managers

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yeah it sucks avoiding COVID all this time but realizing there is no way to avoid it forever.

Still hoping to avoid it for long enough to get Max Titer'd though and hopefully also infant vaccines.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
good news!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
well my friend whose entire immediately family got Covid from an in-law now has it himself.

why the heck he didn't quarantine himself away from them (he's easily capable of it) is beyond me.

also he's a lifelong diabetic and he's trying to get monoclonal antibody treatment now.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

apparently parents at my nieces school are asking if they're allowed to take their kids out of school for lunch and it's like "uh sure legally we can't say no but you realize lunch is 20 minutes right?"

This is from a few pages back, but I asked our public school about this and they told me to gently caress off and they "would not tolerate it!". Looks like I'm just another RN leaving the workforce for now, joining homeschool crew 2021.

Given the choice between remote and homeschool, I'd choose homeschool 100 times over. You get to make your own schedule, generally know better than the teacher what your kid's learning style is, and get to cut out the busy work that leads to tantrums. It's clear that most schools will flop between open/closed for the forseeable future, so homeschooling just erases all virtual options altogether hallelujah. We bought some grade level workbooks, extra virtual math tutoring sessions at Kumon and a dance and piano class on Outschool. We'll do the academic basics and then have fun hiking, cooking, and going on outdoor field trips with her KN94. Hoping this is just a short term thing until she can get vaxxed but depending on community transmission, it may stretch out until schools require vaccinations.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Thoguh posted:

Yeah it sucks avoiding COVID all this time but realizing there is no way to avoid it forever.

Still hoping to avoid it for long enough to get Max Titer'd though and hopefully also infant vaccines.

just gotta hold out for a very effective (cheap) therapeutic. and maybe after a couple of boosters severe cases will plummet.

jk were all doomed

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/bonerhitler/status/1433204226763771905

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

kazmeyer posted:

Ugh Dr. Feigl-Ding just liked a tweet blaming Nader for the last 20 years of what happened in America.

Between this and calling Spider-Man a mutant, STAY IN YOUR LANE VIRUS BOY GODDAMMIT

I was looking at his Wikipedia page earlier and apparently he ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2018

Between that, this, and his historical questionable praise of Biden, I think he’s in on the Kool-Aid, despite being our spirit animal in several other facets of life