Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

wait how effective are the vaccines after 5 months?

5 months is when you should be getting a booster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Steve Yun posted:

you should preorder your morgue space, they’re going fast

When I go just throw me in the trash.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

dat booster data

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

goth smoking cloves posted:

Why are you doing this to yourself dude? :smith:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

U-DO Burger posted:

lol they'll only offer virtual learning to 300 kids this year but they still manage to gently caress up the launch in the same loving way as last year

honestly it feels like a pendulum swing where last year it was "we are overwhelmed with this new way of doing things" and this year it's "it's just 300 kids, let's deal with the other stuff first."

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CDC rep said yesterday that prevention of mild disease "may not be possible" - the gently caress?

This whole thread is wild

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432435897694306315

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432435902668804098

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432435907630620677

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432436337039249412

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432437667359297542

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432437668563103749

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Seeing posts on South African twitter saying that South Africa is being punished for doing good science. I'm definitely inclined to agree. If you don't track variants then nobody will ever point at the variants you find.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

goth smoking cloves posted:

Cross post from the trump thread:

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1433168830663217161

Joe has joined the herd

omfg i genuinely wish joe rogan death

it would honestly turn the pandemic around for almost all of his base. holy poo poo

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

mod sassinator posted:

i'm not convinced we could live with it being endemic either. 7-10% hospitalization rate, 1 in 3 to 1 in 12 rate for long covid complications... this would just keep the healthcare world constantly crippled. the flu is only 1% hospitalization rate for reference

it's literally catastrophic, and will force a reorganization of the US

not necessarily a good one, teaching and healthcare are going to be completely destroyed, and only the upper class is escaping relatively unharmed.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
*taps head* you can't have a pandemic if you don't report the stats

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I am stating to think the only hope mankind has is if the lower class unites.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pillowpants posted:

There was a 97 year old patient with brain fog who told the nurse she was vaccinated and the person wheeling her to the CT scan she wasn't.

That person is about to enter the fog gate

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i know it's all messaging

https://twitter.com/HelenBranswell/status/1432435897694306315

but lol lmao at this one

unless the 3rd shot provides complete lifetime immunity, or the us beats covid by next year, you're going to need a 4th 5th 6th shot

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Covok posted:

Who is that?

https://twitter.com/tribelaw/status/1312729667414220801?s=20

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Should've seen it coming but it takes some real chutzpah to engineer a position worse than "we must protect Pfizer's IP at all costs".

In that scenario, we at least get boosters

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

McNugget Buddy posted:

CDC rep said yesterday that prevention of mild disease "may not be possible" - the gently caress?

This whole thread is wild

You owe it to yourself and the people around you to do whatever it takes to get a booster. The CDC won't help you, do not wait for official approval.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Note the graphic here says the US will not be giving boosters to people aged 18-64 unless they have an immune disorder.

At all.

:lol:

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Just max titers-ed my 3rd Pfizer at a Walgreens in Minneapolis. Was nice and easy, just told them I didn't bring ID and had no insurance. Would recommend.

Popped an edible to handle any potential side effects, 2nd dose didn't hit me too bad tho.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Jesus gently caress I do not want to have to deal with vaccine phases again, what the gently caress, why can’t we just Open Biden the vaccines? Vaccines are literally the only thing being locked down

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

I am stating to think the only hope mankind has is if the lower class unites.

thats gonna be a hard sell

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

theyll need a train

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

That person is about to enter the fog gate

Pretend I posted a gif of the Stargate but it's a big ol' COVID.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

McNugget Buddy posted:

Note the graphic here says the US will not be giving boosters to people aged 18-64 unless they have an immune disorder.

At all.

:lol:

Check it out: I have an immune disorder now.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/comments/pg0ebi/greetings_from_hell_on_earth_aka_texas_wanna_know/

quote:

Greetings from Hell on Earth, a.k.a. Texas! Wanna know how our first governor mandated Covid positive visitor went?

loving. AWFUL.

It could not have gone worse. The first thing the visitor did was take off the patient's bipap mask cuz "their nose was boogery." This patient is altered already due to hypoxia, we had been having a rough day already keeping thier sats up. They've been on and off continuous bipap for a week, they're extremely sick. The nurse and the respiratory therapist had to stay in there for the duration of thier visit because they would NOT stop loving with things in the room. Fiddling with knobs, pushing buttons, literally seemed like they were trying to kill the patient. I cannot stress how braindead these people were and how mad the nurse was.

This is a whole hot load of bullshit and it's conservative republicans loving us over again, passing laws and bills for poo poo they will never understand.

Fun update; we have had multiple visitors through the day now, doctors and nurses alike have had to remind patients to keep their masks on while in the room. Even in a room with a covid positive patient, they WON'T WEAR THE MASKS. I am just done.

Re-wording; I did word the title kinda funky, I don't mean a visitor that is covid positive is being sent from the government. I mean the government has made it illegal to quarantine hospitalized covid patients. They must be allowed visitors by law, which is an absolutely stupid law.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

"gently caress off, we're full"

-your local morgue

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

wow the CDC is kinda out of touch, weird

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

jesus christ it is really incredible to compare this to their rhetoric from may. back then they basically said, don't worry the vaccine makes you totally immune from anything. sickness, testing positive, spreading it---just go out and live life

and now they're scrambling to see if the vaccines can hopefully just reduce the number of bodybags we need to order

jesus christ

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So a friend of mine in the UK is ready to join the Elastomeric Elite. I am an Amerigoon and the S&H from the site I use to where they are is not really in their price range, so real quick, was wondering if anyone knows a good online retailer where someone in the UK could order some 3M and/or Honeywell stuff.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

I think this is a culling from the upper class to remove undesirables.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol holy poo poo abbott banned nurses from quitting and taking travel RN contracts

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
MASK FIIIIIIIGHT

https://twitter.com/donlemontonight/status/1432903634019303424?s=21

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Oh my god again with the loving phases, a fraction of people are going to get boosters just open it up you loving piece of poo poo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1433217967823667201

200k+ cases and almost 3/4 of a 9/11 on a wednesday

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

is joe going to be one of the diers?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

good. every single one of those idiots speaking against masks is a clear lunatic

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The phases are entirely political lmao

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Cao Ni Ma posted:

is joe going to be one of the diers?

Even before the plague he was such an enormous platform for Nazis and other monsters that his death would be a net good for the human race, so what I'm saying is we live in hope.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Covok posted:

I think this is a culling from the upper class to remove undesirables.

The elites get boosters and experimental drugs. Everyone else gets told vaccines are a lie and to dose themselves with veterinary drugs. It's totally a cull.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Fort Detrick! Fort Bragg is famous for other things

ty - getting my sf murdertowns and bioweapon labs mixed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

meet girls at the store posted:

Jesus gently caress I do not want to have to deal with vaccine phases again, what the gently caress, why can’t we just Open Biden the vaccines? Vaccines are literally the only thing being locked down

This is the exact reasoning I used for lying my way into a booster