Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I Am Fowl posted:

Someone pointed this out to me and it's rather sweet.

https://twitter.com/DfLmanga/status/1421894699271565315

It's written by an autistic cis woman who is bi or pan (she's uncertain) and the comics are screened by her wife before posting.

Unfortunately, they're not married anymore because her partner changed her gender designation; which made the marriage effectively null since two women can't be married in Japan. But they've vowed to stay together, regardless!

Just saw this on my TL https://twitter.com/gory47831930/status/1432890137407475714

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
:wtc:

Yuu Morisawa fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 2, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Isn't Wafuko the name of the character not the author?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

going through their tl the 'horribly transphobic tweets' are them saying that theyre a bit unsure about people who still have dicks going into a womans bathroom or places for abused women and such, even if they understand that its uncomfortable for the trans women too, and its a complex issue. i cant find anything insanely right wing or terf-y, just that there's a sort of trust and safety involved. which, well, it is? the conversations at a much different place in japanese society and i don't think that view is so insanely terfy that she should be cancelled on twitter, lol. they arent saying that trans women are predators rushing into womens bathrooms and they should be banned just that the fact is that not everyone who uses those spaces for some kind of security or safety when theyre in a dangerous situation is going to be fully educated on trans issues or even should have to accept trans people to be afforded that sense of safety. like this is a bit above this thread's paygrade and its definitely not a Woke opinion but you can see the sentiment.

and they offer no links to the trans woman's twitter to assert the nationalist/terf sentiments. but people are obsessed with ~milkshake duck~ rather than the fact that this random twitter person doodling a cartoon with 5k followers probably isnt a paragon of social justice but just a person with some contradictory and random views, lol.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Sep 2, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and also the person trying to spread this has two followers and an account created last month. hm. i wonder if there's any kind of trend of people using the veil of ostensibly woke sentiment to try and undo anything to do with trans people.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Thanks, I was hoping someone would have more context about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

okay that being said i went to the trans wife's account and they do like some extremely sus tweets about jk rowling being a powerful independent woman. but whatever im not a cop. bizarre that that person had the receipts on the banal bathroom tweets and buried that under an indirect link tho.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ive seen an insane amount of uk trans people who have been indoctrinated by terfs into saying they're 'not real women but that's okay even after my srs' so its not impossible that there are trans women who have this idea

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

ive seen an insane amount of uk trans people who have been indoctrinated by terfs into saying they're 'not real women but that's okay even after my srs' so its not impossible that there are trans women who have this idea

yeah she seems very very focused on surgery as a validity marker. probably gotta work through that but hell im not here to cancel some lady with 12 followers for having some baggage just cause her wife drew a cartoon of her, and the comics seem pretty empathetic and understanding. is probably worth knowing though.

couldnt find any of the hypernationalist stuff they alluded to tho.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all this said i will lol at the artist rting an article about how making fun of people online should be illegal

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

so this is the censorship kadokawa president warned us about

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im the big boobs girl

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Here's A Story About an Innocent Girl Who Doesn’t Know What a Love Hotel Is and the Worried Girlfriend Who Is Dating Her.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

everyone posted:

lmao

:stare:

God, TERFs ruin everything. It's cases like this that I wish there wasn't a language barrier, so everything can get hashed out without relying on DeepL or some poo poo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
"they're not being exclusionary, they're just saying you should piss in the men's room if you don't have the tens of thousands of dollars for surgery or don't want it for whatever reason" lmao

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A couple webtoons I liked.

My Dragon Girlfriend. Main pairing is between a bi human girl and a lesbian dragon, but we also got a transbian vampire and a lesbian catgirl witch and many other characters. It can get NSFW at times.

Kiss It Goodbye. Four friends have a meet-up as adults; two of them are a couple, and one of the other asks "oh by the way, I've always been wondering, how did the two of you end up together?" and from there it goes into flashback mode to high school.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Box of Bunnies posted:

"they're not being exclusionary, they're just saying you should piss in the men's room if you don't have the tens of thousands of dollars for surgery or don't want it for whatever reason" lmao
that isnt at all what i said and its extremely hurtful that youd paint my words in this manner, given im literally one of the people you're ostensibly trying to speak up for here. knock it off.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the left wants to cancel woke cis girlfriends

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's true

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
dropping this, trans bathroom poo poo isn't any of my concern since i socially destransitioned so you can defend the "trans women using the toilet will destroy female spaces" lady all you want and i'll go back to just lurking for cute manga links

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 5, 2021

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this feels tiresome and hand wringing to me from both sides here.
everybody's homework is to watch the seventh victim this weekend.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

can i watch the fourteenth target again instead

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Box of Bunnies posted:

dropping this, trans bathroom poo poo isn't any of my concern since i socially destransitioned so you can defend the "trans women using the toilet will destroy female spaces" lady all you want and i'll go back to just lurking for cute manga links
i don't think anyone is saying her opinions are good just that they maybe aren't quite at that level of bad.

having had a little look at their twitters though, i think it's close. the trans wife comes across as the conservative sort of trans woman who's determined to be one of the good ones etc., heavily focused on surgery for validity (from what i've heard that in particular is more common in japan) & the cis wife agrees with all that stuff. it's bad & certainly terf-adjacent and i think the criticisms people are making are mostly fair even if slightly exaggerated & were unhelpfully lacking in info.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah its lovely and the earlier posts were weird and hand wringing about drawing on where exactly the lovely scale they were and but on the other hand like coming into the thread and like taking an extreme tact with other posters and positioning in a stance they weren't taking sucks too so lets just move on because im already bored of this

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 5, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm probably not going to watch the seventh victim.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm probably not going to watch the seventh victim.

its pretty good its written by the guy who did cat people who was a closeted gay man so he put subtext lesbians in all his movies during the hayes code period

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I was going to play video games instead. But maybe i'll need to look into it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

old movies are very hard to watch for me :pensive:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it has the most sympathetic devil worshipers of film because they are a gay community metaphor

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
that surgery focused trans self view is a hold over from the pre-10's trans narrative, which was heavily informed by the dr. chaser-trans-women-are-gay-men-or-perverts rear end in a top hat. I'm not surprised a more conservative nation has people with that view., as well. Hell I used to think that way early on in my transition a decade ago because i gotten a lot of my trans knowledge from places like transgender.org or whatever it is.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

🤔

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
And the comic is called...?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

thechosenone posted:

And the comic is called...?

straight girl trap

e: the trap in this case is falling in love with straight women, instead of a trap for straight women

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 5, 2021

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
here i was hoping it was describing the two romantic leads

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

here i was hoping it was describing the two romantic leads

don't.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
two new chapters of green tea bitch
and
two new chapters of with a lady who likes my sister

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

both of these seem very powerful but for entirely different reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

also doublepost because this is important
i don't know if any of you remember but i posted a link to a short manga that had followed the characters throughout their entire life

well, there's been a few follow-ups posted and it's even more powerful!