Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

Act started a Theatrical Performance Company called Actwres Girl'z where she and other actresses perform staged combat-themed plays within the confines of a square stage with 3 ropes that wrap around each side, but it is NOT a wrestling promotion and they are NOT wrestlers, despite whatever superficial similarities they might have.

Actwres is a very good portmanteau/pun, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Act started a Theatrical Performance Company called Actwres Girl'z where she and other actresses perform staged combat-themed plays within the confines of a square stage with 3 ropes that wrap around each side, but it is NOT a wrestling promotion and they are NOT wrestlers, despite whatever superficial similarities they might have.

So probably some sort of insurance loophole, I guess?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

So probably some sort of insurance loophole, I guess?

Arisa Hoshiki retired from wrestling to leave Stardom, became a singer under the name Udon Sato, and then recently joined Actwres Girl'z under the new name Arisa Hoshiki, spelled differently in Japanese than it was spelled in Stardom.

lets just say i have some theories

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

Her promotion is Action Ring Girl'Z (ACTRING) for short. It's similar to Actwres girl'Z but there is no wrestling so they do not Actwres, only act.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Her promotion is Action Ring Girl'Z (ACTRING) for short. It's similar to Actwres girl'Z but there is no wrestling so they do not Actwres, only act.

thank you i knew there was a second layer of abstraction but i forgot that bit

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

Arisa Hoshiki retired from wrestling to leave Stardom, became a singer under the name Udon Sato, and then recently joined Actwres Girl'z under the new name Arisa Hoshiki, spelled differently in Japanese than it was spelled in Stardom.

Oh, I remember her! She did that cool Brazilian kick, didn't she?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

So they ACT like they're fighting. Philip J. Fry, his eyes narrowed.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Alaois posted:

thank you i knew there was a second layer of abstraction but i forgot that bit

If you want to really push your logical thinking to the limit, Action Ring Girl'Z recently had an offer match action scene at the start of an Actwres Girl'Z Korakuen Hall show so try to figure out what that performance should class as within the kayfabe of Actwres Girl'Z as a pro wrestling company.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol this is the least surprising thing ever given Suge D's recent dogbrain takes

https://twitter.com/girloncinema/status/1432035274603827202?s=20

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Does he even know who she is or did he just assume she was a random fan?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The latter is almost certainly true.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

who is she I have no idea

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Shard posted:

who is she I have no idea

some weirdo internet personality grifter that i think grifts cornette fans? or something i dont even know or really care thats just what has managed to permeate my brain from being online too much

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
she's a thread character for going anti-aew grifter.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

boxcarhobo posted:

some weirdo internet personality grifter that i think grifts cornette fans? or something i dont even know or really care thats just what has managed to permeate my brain from being online too much

Her pinned tweet is her clamoring for recognition from Cornette while doing Cornette face, so people don't have to look.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I guess I thank the thread posters who until now have managed to post her content without letting me know what she looked like.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Alaois posted:

I hope they put up flyers to advertise it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DLC Inc posted:

lol this is the least surprising thing ever given Suge D's recent dogbrain takes

https://twitter.com/girloncinema/status/1432035274603827202?s=20

turns out AEW was totally right to have Jericho squash him

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There was slight pearl clutching over her doing an Only Fans.

I figure Suge saw a cute girl fan and was like, sure, I'll do a pic for your IG.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What could possibly be the common denominator in former WWE workers being unhappy with WWE hm let me think....

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It's hard for me to go too hard at Suge because I saw Nyla and Diamante both saying people needed to not talk about it. I have no take about it one way or another

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This reminds me of somebody on Twitter being huffy about Punk and saying "what about how Vince ALLOWED him to buy his house!"

(Although going off JJ Dillon's book on how Vince would want people close to him to move to his upper-class Connecticut area and buy a house for which they could not afford BUT Vince would let them take out a loan with Titan, oh so generously, Vince does in fact sometimes allow people to buy houses.)

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

This reminds me of somebody on Twitter being huffy about Punk and saying "what about how Vince ALLOWED him to buy his house!"

(Although going off JJ Dillon's book on how Vince would want people close to him to move to his upper-class Connecticut area and buy a house for which they could not afford BUT Vince would let them take out a loan with Titan, oh so generously, Vince does in fact sometimes allow people to buy houses.)

There is also the story of them having a deal with a real estate agent in Florida who gets people in development to sign for houses that will take ages for them to pay off so that they become dependent on the company. It's really twisted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mike Jones is not taking the news well.

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1433171397396795402

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1433171692097085442

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1433181204359139332

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/sivekx/status/1433082347448979460

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
If NJPW had 85% of the western fan base of AEW they'd have been doing cartwheels.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Endless Mike posted:

What could possibly be the common denominator in former WWE workers being unhappy with WWE hm let me think....

I also love how they constantly bring up championships. Those belts don't mean squat anymore, and frankly haven't in a very long time

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ah yes, AEW fans, famed for their... lack of wrestling knowledge?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Mike Jones is not taking the news well.

he is not buying it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

after a while he bought it

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

Ah yes, AEW fans, famed for their... lack of wrestling knowledge?

Schrodinger's casual fan.

They can't be reached by AEW but also make up the vast majority of its fanbase.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

He's retweeted this response almost twenty times at this moment:

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1433186026084831234?s=20

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Mike Jones: Guy Who's Not Buying It

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
One side effect of NXT dying, even the gimmick accounts cant even spin it well and their niche itself is dead in the water.

https://twitter.com/WWEGareth/status/1433206762782576641?t=WjzbFhvocyO0kA80GOuRVA&s=19

Aaaaaave Maaaaariiiiiiiiiaaaaaaa

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"I stopped watching because it sucked!"
"It sucks because you stopped watching!"

Yeah, no. The suck came first.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
https://twitter.com/ABall1989/status/1433213047317966851

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the knicks av just makes it legit kind of sad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/ABall1989/status/1433227485450285057

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

sassy cursive writing on a big wooden sign hung up behind your wine glasses like "if you can't take me at my [picture of karrion kross] you don't deserve me at my [picture of that time a violinist played nakamura's theme live]

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is the logical endpoint of the Brand is the star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

He's retweeted this response almost twenty times at this moment:

https://twitter.com/MikeJ0nesssssss/status/1433186026084831234?s=20

That is the exact response I was hoping to find but had to give up looking for because Mike tweets too much to sift through it all. Thank you.

One Mike tweets too much, the superior Mike tweets too little :(