Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I wish there was a reasonable YouTube metadata client. I've gotten pretty good with youtube-dl and can even embed most of the metadata (including thumbnail) when I grab a video, but it would still be nice for Plex to have a scanner that was worth a drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Is there any reason that my plex is only transcoding 1mb to someone outside my network? I invited a friend to watch and it won't go over 1mb to him. Nothing is being blocked, Plex is on its own box, I have GB internet as well.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Flaggy posted:

Is there any reason that my plex is only transcoding 1mb to someone outside my network? I invited a friend to watch and it won't go over 1mb to him. Nothing is being blocked, Plex is on its own box, I have GB internet as well.

Is it possible that remote access is not properly configured and the stream is going through Plex Relay?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
It says my remote access is fully accessible outside my network, and I have no idea if its using the Relay or not, is there a way to test?

The remote access does bounce back and forth between being available and not available, disabling remote access and re-enabling usually brings it back up. There should be absolutely nothing on my network blocking it or the stream.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Clients default to 720p 3mbit so get them check their end, although 1mbps is naturally less than that which is odd. Might be worth advising what client they're running on, and have them check on something else if possible.

If you have plexpass there's also a limiter in the Remote Access tab that can effect this.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Also it could also just be ISP routing and you'll never be able to fix it, but that's only what happened to me and trying to figure out was a pain in the rear end. My server is with Bell and the client was Rogers and we could not get over 4mbps no matter what we did

Hopefully that's not the case with you situation!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Flaggy posted:

It says my remote access is fully accessible outside my network, and I have no idea if its using the Relay or not, is there a way to test?

Under Settings -> Network check to see if "Enable Relay" is not active, if the box there isn't ticked and remote access still works, it's not going through relay.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

CopperHound posted:

I think the question we are all wondering is:
Will this fix the ordering of my Firefly episodes without my manual intervention?

Or will it use actual rational episode ordering and naming for PBS kids shows that are 30 minutes with two ~12 min stories that the pedants at tvdb insist are two episodes but have never ever aired apart.

Violator
May 15, 2003

El Mero Mero posted:

I wish there was a reasonable YouTube metadata client. I've gotten pretty good with youtube-dl and can even embed most of the metadata (including thumbnail) when I grab a video, but it would still be nice for Plex to have a scanner that was worth a drat.

Yeah.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Qwijib0 posted:

Or will it use actual rational episode ordering and naming for PBS kids shows that are 30 minutes with two ~12 min stories that the pedants at tvdb insist are two episodes but have never ever aired apart.

Took me a second to remember why this sounded so familiar... The Life & Times of Tim does this (every episode is two 12 minute stories) and Plex matched every other episode and numbered them 1, 3, 5 etc... I just had to go in and manually paste the 2nd 'episode' title into the first to get them to show up somewhat reasonably.

Everybody should watch Life & Times btw, it's like Always Sunny 'horrible people in horrible situations' if no one ever got angry or raised their voices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2On-dpPw2bs

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

El Mero Mero posted:

Have you messed with https://github.com/ZeroQI/YouTube-Agent.bundle ? It's ...................ok. You'll want to go grab the ZeroSeriesScanneras well from the same GH account. It's not ideal, but it does well enough. It weirdly seems to hate certain youtube channels for reasons unknown, but it's about all you've got.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Warbird posted:

Have you messed with https://github.com/ZeroQI/YouTube-Agent.bundle ? It's ...................ok. You'll want to go grab the ZeroSeriesScanneras well from the same GH account. It's not ideal, but it does well enough. It weirdly seems to hate certain youtube channels for reasons unknown, but it's about all you've got.

This is what I use and sometimes it works.....and sometimes it doesn't

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That's more or less been my experience with it. The dev seems pretty responsive if you're up to babysit an issue on GH for a day or two.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

this one seems to be working for me

https://github.com/JordyAlkema/Youtube-DL-Agent.bundle

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

hmm, I saw the ZeroQi one and wasn't having much luck with it (it wasn't grabbing stuff from the youtube API for me) - but this one looks much more put together and reasonable - especially because it leverages youtube-dl metadata.

Thanks! I'll tinker with this a bit this weekend.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Do you mind sharing what command you use to do that with youtube-dl? I can download videos along with metadata like a thumbnail but Im not sure on how to actually embed it.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Do you mind sharing what command you use to do that with youtube-dl? I can download videos along with metadata like a thumbnail but Im not sure on how to actually embed it.

Spent some time with this tonight and here is what I am doing now:
youtube-dl -o '/home/username/Downloads/Videos/%(title)s.%(ext)s' --write-description --write-annotations --write-thumbnail -f bestvideo+bestaudio https://www.youtube.com/example

Then I throw that in a folder on my plex storage drive and I added a library under Other Videos. It's worked pretty well for me so far. Grabs the thumbnail for the cover and grabs the description. I havent played around trying to add videos as a season though or anything like that.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
What's the deal with certain files just not showing up in my Plex library? It's frustrating knowing that any time I add new media, even if its folder hierarchy and file naming conventions are in line, there's always a small chance Plex simply won't recognize it. Sometimes even certain episodes and seasons of a show will be missing, despite being in the exact folder with the exact same file name conventions as other seasons that play just fine - for example, I just checked and seasons 11-13 of King of the Hill are on the hard drive, but they simply will not show up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Care to show a screenshot of exactly how they are on your drive? Something is definitely up.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

What's the deal with certain files just not showing up in my Plex library? It's frustrating knowing that any time I add new media, even if its folder hierarchy and file naming conventions are in line, there's always a small chance Plex simply won't recognize it. Sometimes even certain episodes and seasons of a show will be missing, despite being in the exact folder with the exact same file name conventions as other seasons that play just fine - for example, I just checked and seasons 11-13 of King of the Hill are on the hard drive, but they simply will not show up.

I’m getting that fairly often. Anything not added by sonarr or radarr has a 60% chance of not being recognized. Even if I rename it. And I rename everything to plex standards. If you just copy paste the files into the same exact location plex will ALWAYS pick it up. The. Looking in plex it always shows the -copy file. Just delete the original and you’re good to go.

It’s an annoying but readable force for tv shows and most movies. A VERY annoying fix for 50-70gb 4K files.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Delzuma posted:

I’m getting that fairly often. Anything not added by sonarr or radarr has a 60% chance of not being recognized. Even if I rename it. And I rename everything to plex standards. If you just copy paste the files into the same exact location plex will ALWAYS pick it up. The. Looking in plex it always shows the -copy file. Just delete the original and you’re good to go.

It’s an annoying but readable force for tv shows and most movies. A VERY annoying fix for 50-70gb 4K files.

Strange. Torrents are worse for me. I'm just using the default naming settings in Sonarr.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
So Plex no longer supports plugins? Does anyone have any recommendations for scanning the Plex directories and reporting what isn't matched in Plex? I know there used to be a plugin for that but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Strange. Torrents are worse for me. I'm just using the default naming settings in Sonarr.

Check to make sure Sonarr is notifying Plex when it loads in the files. So far as I can tell that’s the only difference for be between doing it manually and having *arr do it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Medullah posted:

So Plex no longer supports plugins? Does anyone have any recommendations for scanning the Plex directories and reporting what isn't matched in Plex? I know there used to be a plugin for that but it doesn't seem to work anymore.

plex natively has an umatched filter now

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Delzuma posted:

Looking in plex it always shows the -copy file. Just delete the original and you’re good to go.

Sorry, is this one of the database files Plex creates on any volume attached to your Plex Media Server? I'm doing things in kind of a caveman way, because my computer is an older Mac and I have my NVidia Shield handling the Media Server duty: I literally have to pull HDDs from an enclosure and drop them in a drive caddy attached to my computer in order to move media to them.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Sounds like it could be a permissions thing. Take a look at the group owner for the files, at least on linux, plex wants the group as video. I have issues sometimes where things don't show up, if I chgrp the file to video it works fine.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Mister Speaker posted:

Sorry, is this one of the database files Plex creates on any volume attached to your Plex Media Server? I'm doing things in kind of a caveman way, because my computer is an older Mac and I have my NVidia Shield handling the Media Server duty: I literally have to pull HDDs from an enclosure and drop them in a drive caddy attached to my computer in order to move media to them.

Nah. Windows appends “- copy” to a file name if you copy and paste it into the same location that’s all. Plex always spots that one. But you can rename the already existing file all day long and it won’t pick up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is there a way to have Windows automatically backup a file from one drive to another? I realize local backups are not ideal, but I figure the chances of me losing both my OS SSD and storage HDDs simultaneously is pretty low, so I'd like to just have it copy the Plex database from the SDD to the HDDs daily or something.

I guess if I knew anything about scripting, this is a thing I could knock together lol.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kri kri posted:

Well then, that makes it much easier. Thanks!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Is there a way to have Windows automatically backup a file from one drive to another? I realize local backups are not ideal, but I figure the chances of me losing both my OS SSD and storage HDDs simultaneously is pretty low, so I'd like to just have it copy the Plex database from the SDD to the HDDs daily or something.

I guess if I knew anything about scripting, this is a thing I could knock together lol.

Yes, they rolled backup into what is now called windows file history, and you can definitely tell it to take the files from "here" and make copies "there"

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

kri kri posted:

Where is it / how do I filter for unmatched?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

It's literally just a filter like Release Date, Genre, etc.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Medullah posted:

Ah, thanks, I was looking for it in the far right column.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Medullah posted:

I think you highlighted the wrong area

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

I think you highlighted the wrong area

Look I have very particular tastes

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but it there any reasonable way to utilize multiple agents for a single library? I'm debating setting something up to handle Giant Bomb premium videos and it would be nice to have it wrangled where I watch their non premium stuff/Youtube videos.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
I switched my internet over to Tmobile's Home thing, and it's been pretty great (250 down/25 up consistantly). I had AT&T that struggled to get me 18 up. Ping times are comparable and my COD hasn't suffered. (I'm rural until I found the TMo thing AT&T was the only thing I could get - or satellite)

The only thing that's been a hassle is Plex. I was able to port forward and assign static IP's internally before TMo, and AT&T pretty much assigned a static IP, as I never saw the external IP change in the several years I had it.

So, I can't get remote access to work - and TMo doesn't really care. I have been able to make the relay work some of the time.

My question is; would something like OpenDNS or DynDNS be a solution here? Or without port forwarding am I kind of screwed.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

porktree posted:

I switched my internet over to Tmobile's Home thing, and it's been pretty great (250 down/25 up consistantly). I had AT&T that struggled to get me 18 up. Ping times are comparable and my COD hasn't suffered. (I'm rural until I found the TMo thing AT&T was the only thing I could get - or satellite)

The only thing that's been a hassle is Plex. I was able to port forward and assign static IP's internally before TMo, and AT&T pretty much assigned a static IP, as I never saw the external IP change in the several years I had it.

So, I can't get remote access to work - and TMo doesn't really care. I have been able to make the relay work some of the time.

My question is; would something like OpenDNS or DynDNS be a solution here? Or without port forwarding am I kind of screwed.

Others may have a better option for you, but i started to run [url]https://tailscale.com/[url] on my systems and it was super easy to set up. It gives you an internalized vpn that you can reach from any internet device running it. It changes your ip's to 100.xxx but then its cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Windows has a built-in command line utility named "robocopy" that you can use to copy/mirror a set of files and folders. I have a job set up in Task Scheduler to run a one-line .bat file with a robocopy command once a week, in order to back up my Plex metadata to a network drive. Dunno if that's the best way to do this, but it works for me.