Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

remember when de joy turbo hosed the USPS almost costing biden the election and in turn biden did nothing about it to the point that De Joy is still leading the USPS today September the 2nd 2021 lmao

i'm afraid to ship anything with them without explicitly handing it to a postal worker and having it scanned in because it seems like at least 10% of poo poo just ends up lost otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

i'm afraid to ship anything with them without explicitly handing it to a postal worker and having it scanned in because it seems like at least 10% of poo poo just ends up lost otherwise

Every day I get an "informed delivery" email about what's coming in the mail and it's never accurate

The post office was dismantled right in front of us, while the people dismantling it told us "we're dismantling the post office lol", and nothing was done.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

triple sulk posted:

both of them are dumb and bad

maybe if you’re rich but Matty B Stats is a king and Liz B is cool too.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1433450656770269185

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
it'd be cool if it was literal brain worms, like you autopsy a boomer's brain and worms come out

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

selec posted:

kill your idols

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So the EMA said boosters are not necessary unless you're at-risk and there's no way to Max Titers the system here.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
glad to see covid finally ending

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Weaponized Autism posted:

it'd be cool if it was literal brain worms, like you autopsy a boomer's brain and worms come out

it is brain worms which the ivermectin actually works for that but it’s too late their brain already got ate

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Weaponized Autism posted:

Instead you get a bowl full of Carmely Carmel Corny Corns

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Louisgod posted:

kill your idols

man it’s been years since I read catcher in the rye

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Louisgod posted:

Put a nice bow on it and put it away for ever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
if 500,000 kids got covid in the last 3 weeks alone and if 1 in 7 get hosed due to long covid, we effectively just wrote off 71,000 kids’ future health lol cool

stump collector
May 28, 2007
screaming open Biden and good morning Sunday morning to myself until I coom

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Louisgod posted:

Shame about this Delta thing tho

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I have a friend who teaches in NC and apparently her entire class of kids is masked except for one who somehow got a doctors note exempting them?? And then they brought it to school lmao

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Louisgod posted:

back on July 4th! been lovin' it since

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

selec posted:

they're overly idealistic idiots that live in a loving fantasy land

wake up

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Salt Fish posted:

Let them eat paste

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Every day I get an "informed delivery" email about what's coming in the mail and it's never accurate

The post office was dismantled right in front of us, while the people dismantling it told us "we're dismantling the post office lol", and nothing was done.

i can tell you from the inside that this winter will be a fuckin disaster while management is pretending everything is fine lmao

almost every office in our district is shortstaffed. they had like 6 job fairs last month and hired a total of one (1) carrier hahahaha

selec
Sep 6, 2003

tenderjerk posted:

they're overly idealistic idiots that live in a loving fantasy land

wake up

a fantasy land of reporting on Catholic rape scandals and advocating for social welfare spending. just out to lunch, might as well be advocating terraforming Mars

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Is there an essential job that actually gets respect in America? People hate and disdain teachers, nurses, bus drivers, janitors, line cooks, fast food workers, mailpeople, basically everyone that isn't a manager.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

triple sulk posted:

Puerto Rico’s USPS is like months backlogged on sorting and their main facility in San Juan had to be temporarily closed a month ago because structural damage from Maria got bad enough to make the floor literally unstable.

also there’s no one working because the pay is poo poo and everyone is hosed from covid

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Let them eat paste

maybe it will work on the brainworms

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Casey Finnigan posted:

Is there an essential job that actually gets respect in America? People hate and disdain teachers, nurses, bus drivers, janitors, line cooks, fast food workers, mailpeople, basically everyone that isn't a manager.

small business owners

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

my parents sent me Christmas sweet and treats in December from PR and it didn’t leave the island until like March lol

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

selec posted:

a fantasy land of reporting on Catholic rape scandals and advocating for social welfare spending. just out to lunch, might as well be advocating terraforming Mars

doesn’t liz have some disgusting views on abortion due to being catholic and doesn’t matt have a net worth of like $1 million+? yeah sure sound like cool people to me

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Glad to see the long term plans of Reagan to knee cap government services into worthlessness has finally come to full bloom.

Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004

resigned from my job forcing a mandatory in person overnight retreat at an indoor water park in texas and having recruiters reach out the same day about roles paying 30% more feels pretty lol

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Louisgod posted:

doesn’t liz have some disgusting views on abortion due to being catholic and doesn’t matt have a net worth of like $1 million+? yeah sure sound like cool people to me

I dunno, she’s pro-choice when it comes to public policy, and secondly, lol no I don’t think so, unless he somehow made it all himself. they both come from pretty poor/working class backgrounds.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!

selec posted:

I can cherrypick too ya know

Increasing social welfare spending may as well be as feasible as terraforming Mars, both are equally as plausible in this reality

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Casey Finnigan posted:

Farmers?

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Somebody in this office is coughing non-stop and they need to loving go home

but, I'm not a manager

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I asked this the other day but it got buried amidst the CDC news drop; I have a friend in the UK who's ready to join the elastomeric elite but as I am an Amerigoon, the website I have used in the past is not really viable for them to order from due to S&H. What's a good online retailer for folks in perfidious Albion to order their respirators from?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Stevie Lee posted:

i can tell you from the inside that this winter will be a fuckin disaster while management is pretending everything is fine lmao

almost every office in our district is shortstaffed. they had like 6 job fairs last month and hired a total of one (1) carrier hahahaha

It rules getting forced into overtime every day and ordered in on my off days

Rules even more that some carriers have been on leave for most of this year due to refusing to mask our get vaccinated

Rules the most that like ten people in the whole station wear masks even though it's re-mandated

Respirator guide and protect me

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

remember when de joy turbo hosed the USPS almost costing biden the election and in turn biden did nothing about it to the point that De Joy is still leading the USPS today September the 2nd 2021 lmao

Vote

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

on the one hand we just had our first 20-something die https://vtdigger.org/2021/09/01/vermont-reports-first-covid-death-of-person-in-their-20s/

here's the story from our local CBS affil https://www.wcax.com/2021/08/31/vermont-covid-rates-trending-down/

quote:

State health officials believe these numbers will start dropping based on the rate of weekly case growth. It was increasing in July and early August but is now trending lower over the last three weeks.

Another reason that cases are up is that testing is up. Back in July, fewer than 10,000 tests were being administered each week. This past week it was nearly 42,000 -- a 54% increase over the previous week. That’s why health officials point to the positivity rate -- which has now fallen back to 2.3% after cresting around at over 3% earlier in the month.

And while there do continue to be breakthrough cases, the rate of infection for unvaccinated people is significantly higher than the rate for vaccinated people. And the number of vaccinations is still on the rise -- 2761 shots last week -- bringing the total to 474,000 Vermonters who have received at least one dose, or 86.1% percent.

The governor continues to focus on the 76,000 thousand eligible Vermonters who are still not vaccinated.

Hopium until I see real data otherwise; we'll know in 3 weeks. Note that this proclamation was made a day after schools opened.

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist
i am being told the data is showing delta has peaked and the curve is flattening. my only response is that the data is hosed. testing is way different than previous. many many vaxxed asymptomatic superspreaders + schools reopening. let alone to discuss how the way things are reported it will always look like we're "turning a corner"

it's so reassuring to look at a graph the slope of which is rounding out.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

My wife woke up with THE SYMPTOMS today. What is the best store to find an at-home test in the USA? She feels too sick to get up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Idiot Kicker posted:

Somebody in this office is coughing non-stop and they need to loving go home

but, I'm not a manager

shouting “go home, you’re obviously sick and not all of us are YET.” has proven surprisingly effective. stay in your cube, don’t bother making a scene, just holler from your workstation. make it uncomfortable.