Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao gently caress you NPR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Grey Fox posted:

I have a friend responsible for staffing at a nursing inpatient facility in the northeast and she's having a hell of a time right now. Basically they are screwed either way: without vaccine mandates, staff are getting sick and calling out way too often (triggering all kinds of additional procedural nightmare stuff), and with the mandate they can't get enough people to take the jobs. Corporate won't budge on compensation, either.

Seems to me like she's screwed because vaccinated nurses can command a higher wage that management won't offer them so it really is just a pay issue.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Google Butt posted:

once you actually wear one, the feeling of security it gives will probably override concerns about appearance at work

this x 99999999999999

all of your fears about being around a dicknoser, chin strapper, lace masker, feral plague child, or unmasked zombie disappear when you don the respirator

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol

By May anyone doing that poo poo wasn't going to get it anyway and was only trying to start a fight.

nah that's bullshit dude

if it was his second shot (and it looked like that's what it was based on the argument he had), then his first shot would have been early/mid April like mine and April 18th is when you were "officially" allowed to get a jab without being essential or an chemo patient or whatever (e: in my state at least)

he was just a prick.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Joementum posted:

yeah, this is just the DOH presenting the numbers to make the governor's policy look good. the rate of growth in cases is declining, but the cases themselves are not. same nonsense as the governor backdating the data to Jan 1 to claim that breakthrough cases aren't an issue.

to be fair, the start of school seems to be going relatively well here, especially compared to other states, but like you said, we need to wait a few weeks before popping the champagne.

There's no champagne to be popped soon but if we get back to a point that we were briefly at over the summer where I was comfortable being inside the house of a similarly reclusive friend, without my kids getting maimed by Delta, I will definitely keep drinking at the same rate I am at.

I went to the hardware store and liquor store (Bristol) today. These were places where a few weeks ago I was used to being the only person in a mask. Now most of the staff in the hardware store are masking, and I saw a good number of masked patrons. This is vaguely reassurring.

Envomask Crew. I ordered a vinyl demon mask for $15 off amazon and I am going to mod this cosmetically.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

kreeningsons posted:

i'm officially six months out from my second dose so i'm gonna go to a bumfuck walgreens this weekend and get a booster

:yeah:

walgreens gives you a $5 coupon (when you spend at least $1 in store) after you get your jab

edit: i was a “first” shot tho so ymmv if it’s an official booster

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I was able to get my shot in March by being FAT AS gently caress and also an 'essential worker'.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Salt Fish posted:

I love the power structure where a team of epidemiologists working for the Washington State Health Association can only politely ask the penny arcade guys not to host a convention during a deadly pandemic and they can just look at the recommendation and say "eh.. nah we're doing it anyway".

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

have they tried quarantining the staff and students in the school.???

why, they were 3.01 feet apart and rotate seats every 14.9 minutes therefore it's not close contact

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
https://twitter.com/bethanymac12/status/1433439329372672007

Sure an extra 1200+ hospitalizations announced yesterday and areas are now starting to feel it while the south suppresses cases an death. It is over!

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

lmao Tennessee.

Using labor day weekend to finally get my second first juice

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Colorado has mobile vaccination busses that give out Pfizer or Moderna and don't require any insurance or ID, I think I'm gonna go for it.

Only question is if I should make a reservation for Rusty Shackelford ahead of time to look more legit or try for a walk up

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’m a feb 2nd shot I’m a sitting duck now with my kid. the hospital I got my shots at advised boosters but who knows

that COVID map now has red around my county so it’s a matter of time

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Salt Fish posted:

I love the power structure where a team of epidemiologists working for the Washington State Health Association can only politely ask the penny arcade guys not to host a convention during a deadly pandemic and they can just look at the recommendation and say "eh.. nah we're doing it anyway".

I used to have a desk that overlooked Freeway Park and people watching from my office tower during PAX and ECCC was great fun, but I'm real glad I don't work downtown right now lol oh lord. PAX starts today.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Australia continues its pathetic surrender to covid

"We've been saying that for a while now but this is the time we need to start to learn to live with this virus," Australia's Chief Medical Officer Professor Paul Kelly says.

"Within a few weeks we'll have almost all if not all states at that 70 per cent first dose of vaccination.

Mola Yam posted:

we'll hit the elbow in the covid vax curve, like every other country. won't be as soon as america, but probably not much different to the uk at around 60% fully vaxxed. there will be a long, long tail to get to 80%, nationally.

although the mass death will probably help motivate people

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

They didn't care about first dose stats until everyone decided to give up. Our second dose rate is still pathetic (35%ish for 16+).

Australia entered Phase 1B of the vaxx rollout back on March 22 so people aged 70+ have had six whole months to get vaxxed but that age cohort still hasn't reached 70% fully vaxxed. None of the other age cohorts have reached 50% fully vaxxed and there's slightly less people aged 60-69 fully vaxxed compared to peopled aged 50-59

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-02/charting-australias-covid-vaccine-rollout/13197518

PM Scott Morrison just sent a letter to over 586,000 people aged 60-69 to nag them to get the jab and threaten to "send them to the back of the queue" if they're holding out for the good stuff
https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1433175613154676746

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 2, 2021

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Probably already mentioned but yea:

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1433286324425871373

Also, their state dashboard is reporting less and less hospitals, so it appears that hospitalizations are declining but still around 17k

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Zurtilik posted:

I was able to get my shot in March by being FAT AS gently caress and also an 'essential worker'.

reminder that instacart, on 2/1/20, put a big thing up on their website about qualifying as an essential worker in many states
like 4 days after the soul cycle instructor posted online about getting a dose as a 'teacher' in new york city and getting zero punishment

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

poverty is endemic
homelessness is endemic
racism is endemic
illiteracy is endemic
lack of healthcare is endemic

all of this is true in the world but by the grace of saying it over and over we don't have to hold anyone accountable to do anything about it.

the factors leading to the endemicity of covid are the same factors that led to the social pandemics above.

the only thing we can do is leave it to capital to fail at sorting it out and maybe also hire some eggheads to think of 500 slightly unique ways to do some metrics on it.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mastershakeman posted:

reminder that instacart, on 2/1/20, put a big thing up on their website about qualifying as an essential worker in many states
like 4 days after the soul cycle instructor posted online about getting a dose as a 'teacher' in new york city and getting zero punishment

Lol gently caress whatever the regulations said. If I had to go to work during the "lockdown" then I'm an essential worker for the shot too

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

In my state a lot of the teachers and basically every medical worker who wanted or had to get the shot had gotten it by the time March rolled around. So it really was 'essential worker' in the way that like the accountant who worked from home for the grocery store chain was 'essential'. That isn't to deride the worth of the work, but they weren't really in direct harms way and neither was I.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Covid sucks but I just got great great news about my cars extended warranty

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

OK baizuo posted:

So Colorado has mobile vaccination busses that give out Pfizer or Moderna and don't require any insurance or ID, I think I'm gonna go for it.

Only question is if I should make a reservation for Rusty Shackelford ahead of time to look more legit or try for a walk up

I wouldn't worry about looking legit enough for the mobile clinic.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

With how cars are basically computers today, you'll really want that extended warranty. Plus, if you game the system right it basically pays for itself!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I got my first dose in January on the back of being a 'healthcare worker'

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

have they tried quarantining the staff and students in the school.???

they should since 100% of transmission occurs at home

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Shifty Pony posted:

to sum it up the FDA advisory board that handles vaccines is really loving butthurt about the CDC and the administration saying that boosters will be needed, and had a meeting where they passive aggressively dug in hard.

it was basically slide after slide and presenter after presenter doubling down on "we don't have any ironclad peer reviewed proof that boosters are needed", ignoring that such proof would arrive long after most of the population would need or benefit from a booster. they tried to whip up some fear among people who might give the vaccine off label as a booster by claiming if people get sick from a booster they won't be able to get compensation from the vaccine injury fund. finally the FDA said that even if boosters happen they plan on playing games with who can get them by doing the stupid "phase 1 - olds, phase 2 - slightly less olds with crap immune systems..." poo poo so they can play gatekeeper.

Thank you.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

open jamaluddin

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

quote:

Fully vaccinated back in April. Moved to S. Carolina beginning of month from the west coast, and immediately got COVID. Tested positive on 19 August, tested negative on 27 August. Felt amazing to finally smell and taste again no cough no aches.

29 August, notice I’m not urinating as often, and the only urine that comes out is dark in color. No pain, no sweats, nothing. Figure meh, press on.

Fast forward to yesterday, notice I’m swelling arms legs feet, random cramps throughout body/stomach. Go to Urgent Care, they take urine and blood sample. **** protein in urine, still waiting on blood results.

Is anyone else feeling this? Would y’all go to the emergency in this scenario?

EDIT: there was not ‘High’ protein in urine, there was just protein presence, which I’ve gotten conflicting search results, some say a little is okay and some say there should be none.

I just can’t afford to go to the ER if this will pass is all i’m getting at, in hopes there’s some others have had these issues? Again, thanks for all the insight guys, it calms my nerves in these weird times.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusUS/comments/pge13v/is_anyone_else_having_kidneyorgan_issues_postcovid

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Sunny Side Up posted:

no one at my office wears masks anymore even though at least 30% are unvaccinated by self reported numbers and the policy is unvaccinated = masked. the thing that most incenses me is being patronized as though i'm a child or a fool. really eats me up.

Yeah it is insane how so many people treat COVID related safety rules as the kind of thing you are just supposed to pretend to follow but really it doesn't matter just do whatever as opposed to being PPE or workplace safety related things.

Like, lockout/tagout isn't a suggestion, you get written up and fired for it. Hell, there's more consequences for letting somebody tailgate through an access door than their are for somebody willingly infecting the whole office with COVID.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Lacrosse posted:

When your wife does the shopping I can see how this guy ended up using dog shampoo without realizing it if she put it in the bathroom with the rest of the soap.

I’ve used human shampoo on my dogs in a pinch and they were fine. And my previous dog was prescribed what was essentially “dog Prozac” but it’s the same poo poo That humans use…she was fine
By that logic horse medicine should be fine for me, so paste me up bitches!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

holy loving poo poo if you suspect a problem with your kidneys just go to the loving ER and call yourself Franklin Beans or something

Kidneys go from slight issue to you're going to die sometimes in like hours

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Google Butt posted:

Where can I get a sickos shirt

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Louisgod posted:

kill your idols

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that’s a large lad

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lol that lady hated her kid look how loving fat he is

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/
:thunk:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

lmao Tennessee.

Anyone remember that Pandemic game where you're the plague trying to kill humanity? This reminds me of the map that you get when you've made yourself overwhelmingly contagious and the map just fills up with red.

Later it turns black when everyone is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I would give anything to have my burden of a son back who I deliberately poisoned to death with food