Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Return of the beep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Peter Dale Scott on the new True Anon

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

V. Illych L. posted:

radio war nerd has become an essential part of my foreign news information stream in a shockingly short time and it's only about 1/4th about news, the other three quarters being the hosts and their families' various ailments, the vibes of various places where one of the hosts goes and completely unstructured examinations of historical conflicts which are somehow still very compelling listening

Back in the early days of the podcast, they tried to do a "world of wars" or something like that, which was supposed to be a three-minute update of the world's armed conflicts, but they always went over-time, even when Mark used a timer on his iphone. It just made John even more flustered and digressing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Remember when you had to install a third party codec pack to watch torrented videos.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Remember when you had to install a third party codec pack to watch torrented videos.

thank god for VLC

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JRFZeP9Nv2w

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

even though their last names are spelled differently every time i hear about markwayne mullin going on a commando rescue missino to afghanistan, i think... what if it was nick mullen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWICOht1Ago

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
realplayer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shrike82 posted:

realplayer

my dad literally paid 40 bucks for this in a retail box to listen to rush limbaugh at 3kbps over dialup

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
i loving love dyson sphere!!

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
thanks for reminding me rush limbaugh was a weepy mess unable to deal with the fact that he was dying of lung cancer and his smoking caused it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

even though their last names are spelled differently every time i hear about markwayne mullin going on a commando rescue missino to afghanistan, i think... what if it was nick mullen

he'd learn pashto to be able to use all the slurs for the country's ethnic and religious minority groups

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

my dad literally paid 40 bucks for this in a retail box to listen to rush limbaugh at 3kbps over dialup

we did he live that limbaugh wasn't on AM

I thought he was everywhere

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Bip Roberts posted:

what's the point of even voting if your not going to scold everyone else about it

To troll by saying you voted for Gloria la Riva or Jill Stein.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

what's the point of even voting if your not going to scold everyone else about it

since I'm in california the only reason i have is ballot initiatives and we've got a pretty poo poo track record of them as of late

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

since I'm in california the only reason i have is ballot initiatives and we've got a pretty poo poo track record of them as of late
2020 was such a bloodbath for california props and any sense of being "progressive" that it was disgusting. massive wins for bail-bonds industry, landlords, big fans of gig economy exploitation so millennials can get $10 uber rides to the latest hip gin-n-tonic $20 cocktail bar, wins for dialysis mega-corps, mega wins for real estate agents and baby bombers.

2022 (or at least certainly 2024) is going to be a dem bloodbath and it's going to be well-deserved at this rate.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

The ‘gentrifier elmo’ bit from the recent cum town was very funny, an all timer imo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

finally listened to pod about list and it's hilarious

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

i say swears online posted:

finally listened to pod about list and it's hilarious

It's a shame there's not as much of a fan community for Pod About List, because I'd give anything to have clips of the end of Facetime From Santa.

"Tell him he's about to Rim me, till he goes up into the Sky. Tell him we're not about to stop cuz I got Morrowind. When we're done that butt's about to be Oblivion."

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

2020 was such a bloodbath for california props and any sense of being "progressive" that it was disgusting. massive wins for bail-bonds industry, landlords, big fans of gig economy exploitation so millennials can get $10 uber rides to the latest hip gin-n-tonic $20 cocktail bar, wins for dialysis mega-corps, mega wins for real estate agents and baby bombers.

2022 (or at least certainly 2024) is going to be a dem bloodbath and it's going to be well-deserved at this rate.

the sole solace is that the courts looked at prop 22 and said "gently caress you" so hopefully that goes somewhere

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6WPxza6YDQ

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

V. Illych L. posted:

radio war nerd has become an essential part of my foreign news information stream in a shockingly short time and it's only about 1/4th about news, the other three quarters being the hosts and their families' various ailments, the vibes of various places where one of the hosts goes and completely unstructured examinations of historical conflicts which are somehow still very compelling listening

yea it rules

Dr. Killjoy posted:

re: the Chinese gaming ban

aren't the kids going to just jury rig some virtual LAN situation to bypass online gaming limitations anyway?

xi teaching kids how to code better than hillary ever did

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Going back a page, the online ban seems to be mostly mobile and games where you play with other people, so yeah kids can still mess around with single player games.

Dmitri-9 posted:

thank god for VLC

VLC still has a really good use for when you need a low resource intenstive way to watch streams and videos, so if you let's say wanna the desktop equivalent of a lil tv on the background while you work on other stuff it's still good.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

looking at the gacha games subforum i know xi is on the right path

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Trash Ops posted:

looking at the gacha games subforum i know xi is on the right path

yeah the whole thing seems targeted at those games specifically

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Xaris posted:

all this while the state's ecology goes down the toilet and billionaires slowly consolidate water rights over the needs of cities with millions of people is a hell of a thing

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

first the boyfriend in lauren oyler's novel was named felix, now i just read a love interest in the new sally rooney novel is also named felix......... what is going on................

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i feel like there was a better way than to ban just children from online game gaming but oh well.

china's moves recently are interesting. feels like a boomer's reaction to toxic western cultural phenomena.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

first the boyfriend in lauren oyler's novel was named felix, now i just read a love interest in the new sally rooney novel is also named felix......... what is going on................

In case you haven't noticed a lot of people online are super horny for felix

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

AnEdgelord posted:

In case you haven't noticed a lot of people online are super horny for felix

Bullshit. Everybody with taste is trying to gently caress Matt Christman

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

They want the B

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

You're not into cute boys who know everything about MMA and Dark Souls and who deserve to own a sable as a pet? :thunk:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
hell yeah China rules

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Some cultures consider the smell of sable piss to be an aphrodesiac.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

you can just get ferrets

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
didn't check out podaboutlist for a while because I assumed it was a cum town imitator but the episode I finally listened to the inventions episode and those lads are surprisingly laidback

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dr. Killjoy posted:

didn't check out podaboutlist for a while because I assumed it was a cum town imitator but the episode I finally listened to the inventions episode and those lads are surprisingly laidback

i'm not well-versed on e1 but i pegged it as a combo between that and cum town. i could handle the flow a lot better than nick, who can be a little too manic for me to keep up. in cum town sometimes i can listen for twenty minutes and not recall a drat word

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The top 50 hottest pokemon episode of pod about list is a pretty good starting point for people who like the f plus style of pods.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i can't tell the difference between the hosts but i just started at the most recent eps and was laughing my rear end off in minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

RWN on IS-K was great

boy these gulf states sure are some "allies" am i right folks