Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mountainwalrus posted:

30% of nurses at the University of Cincinnati Health system would quit if mandated to vaccinate.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2021/09/01/survey-shows-nurses-quit-over-uc-health-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/5680714001/

Lmao Ohio is going to be in some deeeeeep poo poo in about a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I never followed him even before he became the go-to for Nazis seeking a platform. What state is Joe in and how bad are the hospitals full up there? Like if/when he needs to go to the ICU, will he be able?

He moved to Texas from California because of electricity or something and then it got cold in Texas and they had no power which was pretty funny if you ignore the non shitheads it hurt

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Caseman posted:

This is my wife's hospital, this is the poo poo I've been hearing from her for months. Even if this insanity magically ended tomorrow so many people are deeply psychologically wounded from this tragedy.

quote:

The team gathers in the hall, a dozen people: Nurses, therapists, doctors. A pharmacist. A chaplain. A social worker. A dietician. A couple of interns. They each push a cart with at least one laptop on it, checking information, typing into charts.

goddamn imagine being a loving intern during this

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Bullfrog posted:

quit raggin on me for takin the drat horse paste! you libs and your fish antibiotics!

https://twitter.com/dickexpert/status/1433447463038369793

https://twitter.com/dickexpert/status/1433506160175374342?s=20

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

i coulda been a contender

(in the kentucky derby)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zurtilik posted:

Ironically, the anti-vax people would have a better support system if they had not spent their whole life arguing that all privileges and safety nets should be directly provided by your employer and no one else.

That's not irony, OP. That's sowing.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

empty whippet box posted:

that domino fell a long long time ago, roe v wade was always going to get overturned.

one thing you can count on about the USA is that everything - literally every part of life, from the smallest detail to the intangible concepts like freedom to the individual laws and institutions that make it up - everything will get worse, all the time. nothing about the USA will ever get better or improve ever again. this has been true for a while now, hard to say exactly how long but probably since before i was born
after that brief shining moment in early 2020 when we all thought bernie had it in the bag and it got mercilessly and transparently crushed by the libs is when i took this doom pill

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

space chandeliers posted:

i coulda been a contender

(in the kentucky derby)

I need a photoshop of the anime horse girl ears slapped onto Rogans chrome dome

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
imagine how hilarious it would be if rogan succumbed

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jfc I would actually vote for dems of they just put someone in the Whitehouse and congress who didn't put up with these kind of shenanigans

Cut off their federal funding, send the national guard down to do the book work, something loving authoritative

But of course dems are useless so

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Lovelyn posted:

got sprayed with aerosolized covid blood last shift :smith:

The gently caress!? What did you do in their mind to warrant that?

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Lovelyn posted:

i was rewarded by being told to fill out an incident report

the next day

:negative:

well that's super lovely. i hope you're ok and your PPE did its job. hang in there - thanks for fighting the good fight

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
thread title always making me double take

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

how does it 'become' endemic other than wherever it is simply giving up? it's not a change in the status of the virus or its spread, it's a change in the attitude of the population in dealing with it

it’s this by the way

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I finally got my sister to crack-ping thanks to this thread

I bought my nieces respirators, too. I told them it would scare the kids at school and they both agreed that was pretty cool

gregday
May 23, 2003

fosborb posted:

still can’t believe that no one mentioned that the sexbot in the new blade runner was named JOI

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lmao this is one of seattle's biggest testing sites, and it's the day after school just started. hmmmmmm huge line of cars getting tested right now. lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusWA/comments/pgoo1p/crazy_long_queue_at_aurora_testing_center_today/

quote:

Crazy long queue at Aurora testing center today morning

I had scheduled a test at the Aurora testing center today morning but when went there cars were queued even past home depot. I ended up returning back since it seemed like it will take a couple of hours to get to tested and i had to get back to work.

The last few times i had been there they were super quick and barely any queue. Anyone know if this is normal these days with the increase in cases or is it because people are trying to get tested for long weekend travel?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

fosborb posted:

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cabbages and Kings posted:

my aunt is a career infectous disease researcher who has chased weird bugs around the globe, has a PhD and had taught at a well regarded college, and she's always told me in a SHTF scenario, grab some fishtank tetracycline.

note that she only advised doing this of we seemed to be in a state of systemic decline that was going to unravel our medical system, a thing she's been telling me since 1989 or so is " only one pandemic away, and it's a question of when and not if" :shrug:

i wouldn't really call her a liberal either, more or a weird Montana leftist

Fish pills are real but they are a poor person thing, not a chud or liberal thing so I have no clue what that tweet was supposed to be about.

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mountainwalrus posted:

30% of nurses at the University of Cincinnati Health system would quit if mandated to vaccinate.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2021/09/01/survey-shows-nurses-quit-over-uc-health-covid-19-vaccine-mandate/5680714001/

they talk big, then cry, then comply

vaccine mandates work extraordinarily well

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Lovelyn posted:

got sprayed with aerosolized covid blood last shift :smith:

viremia might just be in really sick patients, so maybe that blood was alright depending how sick the patient was.

https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12879-021-05886-2

"Plasma SARS-CoV-2 RNA was found in 8 patients (19.5%), with a median (IQR) value of 694 (209–1023) copies/mL. Viremic patients were characterized by an higher mortality rate (50.0% vs 9.1%; p = 0.018) respect to patients without viremia. Viremic patients were more frequently affected by haematological malignancies (62.5% vs. 3.0%; p < 0.001), and had higher viral load in respiratory samples (9,404,000 [586,060-10,000,000] vs 1560 [312–25,160] copies/mL; p = 0.002)."

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1433526400754061313

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
s/o is in a zoom meeting with a professor and i overhear "yeah we're recovering from covid, it's weird because we're both fully vaxxed with pfizer..."

this is going to happen over and over again for at least the next year while the dummies in charge get dragged, kicking and screaming, into officially allowing boosters

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

WampaLord posted:

when covid nuts and you just keep sucking

acems
May 8, 2019

mod sassinator posted:

lmao this is one of seattle's biggest testing sites, and it's the day after school just started. hmmmmmm huge line of cars getting tested right now. lmao

https://www.reddit.com/r/CoronavirusWA/comments/pgoo1p/crazy_long_queue_at_aurora_testing_center_today/

i can appreciate the need to trick oneself into thinking people get tested before trtaveling

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Cabbages and Kings posted:

my aunt is a career infectous disease researcher who has chased weird bugs around the globe, has a PhD and had taught at a well regarded college, and she's always told me in a SHTF scenario, grab some fishtank tetracycline.

note that she only advised doing this of we seemed to be in a state of systemic decline that was going to unravel our medical system, a thing she's been telling me since 1989 or so is " only one pandemic away, and it's a question of when and not if" :shrug:

i wouldn't really call her a liberal either, more or a weird Montana leftist

So, I gotta confess that I'm curious about these fish pills now, from a prepping perspective. I'd hate to have me or my kids go out from some cut if/when the medical system breaks - purely from a SHTF perspective. Any additional guidance from your aunt?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mountainwalrus posted:

30% say they will. Maybe 1-2% actually would follow through on it.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

fourth day. a couple teachers and an admin called in or went home sick. there are dozens of cases reported every day. if we went by the quarantine policy established prior to opening, that a class is quarantined if a student comes to class then later tests positive, more than half the school would be quarantined.

there are zero classes quarantined and no plans to quarantine.

[COVID-19] all gas, no brakes

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I never followed him even before he became the go-to for Nazis seeking a platform. What state is Joe in and how bad are the hospitals full up there? Like if/when he needs to go to the ICU, will he be able?

Joe hosed off to Austin, Texas months ago because he was mad that everything was closed in Los Angeles

Now he hosts his podcast and stand-up shows in Austin with his chud comedian friends and, sadly, Dave Chappelle.

Chappelle already got COVID from one of the shows a few months ago.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

looks like it is normal. Not that that means it's good.

quote:

1m
It’s pretty normal. I hit up El Camion (adjacent to Home Depot) like once or twice a week for lunch and it’s been like that every time I’ve gone for the past couple of months.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

CHAOTIC NIECE posted:

Reposting this for day crew-

does anyone know the goon who created the doomscrolling Spotify playlist posted earlier? I think people said it originally came from the Climate Change thread.

Was trying to copy the songs from it onto one of my own playlists earlier, when I misclicked and deleted almost everything

I already contacted customer service, and they can restore the music no problem, but they need to be contacted by the playlist’s creator, not just the the pleb that follows it

i am not the poster you seek, but here is a link to the post with the information you require

Blitter posted:

A playlist!
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/31gR3GXgOcLnFz2c9VsBwB

Its uh been a weird pandemic; kind of a lot of different stuff in this

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 2, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

McNugget Buddy posted:

Joe hosed off to Austin, Texas months ago because he was mad that everything was closed in Los Angeles

Now he hosts stand-up shows with his chud comedian friends and, sadly, Dave Chappelle. Chappelle already got COVID from one of the shows a few months ago.

I heard Dave Chappelle sucks these days anyway

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Bone Crimes posted:

So, I gotta confess that I'm curious about these fish pills now, from a prepping perspective. I'd hate to have me or my kids go out from some cut if/when the medical system breaks - purely from a SHTF perspective. Any additional guidance from your aunt?

Fish pills are the same as human pills but without the same levels of quality control. But they also don't require a prescription and are way cheaper. So they aren't a great option but they are actual medicine unlike horse paste.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Iron Crowned posted:

he turned into a 2004 era GBS edgelord at some point

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

his shows are still legendary but you arent allowed to have your phone on you during them so they dont get any buzz. but they always sell out and review well except for the occasional cherry picked idpol headline

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kunabomber posted:

lol they literally created a slave class for capitalism

essential worker is less harsh and more dignified than the term "slave", may i suggest using the appropriate term

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

readingatwork posted:

The gently caress!? What did you do in their mind to warrant that?

My patient was dying and I had to hit the Big Blue Button, which means 2 MDs, a respiratory therapist, and a gaggle of other nurses rushed into the room. I jumped on the bed to start chest compressions (I'm small and the bed didn't have a CPR lever so it was a bit too high for me) and the RT takes their position at head of the bed. He suctions the patient and we get a MASSIVE flash, about 0.5 liters, of BLOOD. It's in the suction canister and now pooling in the tubing of the ventilator itself.

Our protocol is: if a patient is covid+ and on a ventilator, DO NOT BREAK THE CIRCUIT TO ADMINISTER RESUSCITATION BREATHS! Only do drugs/chest compressions/shocks. Well, we're supremely short staffed which means we have traveler RTs who don't know our protocols, and this motherfucker not only breaks the circuit, but does so BEFORE TURNING OFF THE VENTILATOR!!!! He unhooks the patient and then says "how do I turn this thing off?" meanwhile aerosolizing all that blood. Everyone and everything in that room got sprayed.

By the end of the code there was a liter of blood in the canister and the patient did not make it.

Fireside Nut posted:

:negative:

well that's super lovely. i hope you're ok and your PPE did its job. hang in there - thanks for fighting the good fight

I "failed" my N95 fit test so I'm guaranteed a CAPR. To be fair, I legit failed the fit test the first time around, so this time I just cut the process short and "failed" it right away. I'm eternally grateful I did so because there was definitely blood splattered on the face shield.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Iron Crowned posted:

He's still good, I saw him right before all this poo poo popped off

He probably has brain fog now, from all the covid and joe rogan friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010