Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
If you passed those to me to start I would 100% light the wrong end lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Cloks posted:

my very first joints

good call on the A24

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

tokin opposition posted:

Hey now

It wasn't a sticker it was a real cardboard sleeve with gravel slapped on it

post pics I've hardly seen any in the wild

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

If you passed those to me to start I would 100% light the wrong end lol

lmao same

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

okay so if you very lightly dampen your fingers and rub that water on the paper then twist the whole thing in one direction at one end and the other at the other end, the joint will develop a tight spiral look like a wrung towel.

hold it like that for thirty seconds and the paper will dry and hold that shape.

now your joint won’t ever run.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Cloks posted:

my very first joints

:golfclap: I'd spark it

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
https://twitter.com/YallLuvCris/status/1241928456507711488

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
i thought it was a picture at first and i still said same

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

roscoes back

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

i thought it was a picture at first and i still said same

lmao hell yeah brother

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Long story short I bought 2lbs of cannabis.

I ended up piecing it all out into 4 giant 81oz jars. I also got some mylar bags that are supposedly smell proof that can fit around these jars and I'm hoping it will nuke the smell.

Since these jars are so big and there's so much flower, I was thinking about maybe getting some of those Boveda humidity/RH packets so my current crop won't dry out, but I've no experience with them as a product.
Has anyone used these things before? Are they worth it or is this just a marketing gimmick?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

they are absolutely not a gimmick and you definitely should be using them

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cloks posted:

my very first joints

The single most useful thing I ever learned for rolling was to wrap the paper tight around the crutch, moistening only the gum touching the crutch and leaving the rest of the cone flexible. Then you fill it, moisten the rest of the gum, run two fingers up the joint to even it out, tap the crutch on the table a few times, twist and smoke.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I tried to use my little joint roller until I got mad

Have raw papers ever closed successfully for anyone

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

The real pro move is reversing the paper (gum outward) to get a single-layer cone, lighting the bottom corner of the flap to burn off the excess paper as the flame travels up to light the end. May end in tears if not careful.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I passed a bong with a vaxxed friend when our cases here in VT had flatlined over the summer. That lasted a week and now I am back to smoking with people over discord video late at night if at all. Also frantically doing construction on my new grow space. send help and a framing nail guns

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I've literally never rolled a joint, I just get prerolls or use a vape if in a small group

Anti-joint aktion

VVV

Inspector Hound posted:

I like getting the expensive pre rolls infused with concentrate and then breaking them up to use in my bong

same

tokin opposition has issued a correction as of 17:12 on Sep 1, 2021

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I like getting the expensive pre rolls infused with concentrate and then breaking them up to use in my bong

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

prerolls are great if you like setting a bowl of weed on fire but not inhaling any of the smoke

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
dispenso prerolls have been poo poo in my experience but I roll good cones, and being able to just buy a box of cone-shaped pre-adhesived empty papers has saved me a decent amount of time, all you need is a grinder and a tamper tool and you get a perfect spliff / cone every time.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

The Demilich posted:

Long story short I bought 2lbs of cannabis.

I ended up piecing it all out into 4 giant 81oz jars. I also got some mylar bags that are supposedly smell proof that can fit around these jars and I'm hoping it will nuke the smell.

Since these jars are so big and there's so much flower, I was thinking about maybe getting some of those Boveda humidity/RH packets so my current crop won't dry out, but I've no experience with them as a product.
Has anyone used these things before? Are they worth it or is this just a marketing gimmick?

the main benefit of humidity packs is probably for smoking since if it's well cured at 62% RH then you'll get a solid cherry on your bowls/joints/etc that's really reluctant to extinguish so that means less lighter use! the secondary benefit is preserving the terpene profile of your flower but it's honestly just the way that it smells and doesn't really have much psychoactive impact (other than enjoying the scent of your nicely preserved weed). maybe it will keep the cannabinoid content of your bud higher over time but there's probably more important factors like temperature and UV exposure that impact that sort of stuff.

get the 62% and buy the packet size based on boveda's guidelines per oz. size 8 is good for 1oz so just take whatever oz you have in a jar and put that number of size 8 62% boveda packs in it. don't get other brands the competitors all suck for some reason

Marzzle has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Sep 1, 2021

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Marzzle posted:

post pics I've hardly seen any in the wild

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

drat those look much nicer than I remember them looking, I could only get the buttons :smith:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
A lot of prerolls are just fine shake dumped into a pre roll and then tied on the end. Its so loose it burns to quick and usually tastes bad cause it's full of leaves

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

just use a dollar bill to defeat inflation of rolling machinery.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Hot Karl Marx posted:

A lot of prerolls are just fine shake dumped into a pre roll and then tied on the end. Its so loose it burns to quick and usually tastes bad cause it's full of leaves

sugar leaves are good for you :colbert:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Marzzle posted:

They also taste like rear end

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Marzzle posted:

technically they’re a vegetable

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
please stop what you're doing and gaze upon my friend's dog Etta

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
good

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Lovelyn posted:

please stop what you're doing and gaze upon my friend's dog Etta

aww

thank you

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
what is a good battery thing to get if I wanna get into cartridges?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

the vessel vista is my new favorite

https://www.vesselbrand.com/collections/vista-series

a bit pricey but the battery life is awesome and it looks quite nice too, also it has great air flow for cartridges, i always get giant clouds even on low power

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
i ordered a potv one and pax is replacing my pax 2 with a pax 3 for no charge :catdrugs:

glad i got in on the ten year warranty!

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
that seems like a decent price to me, wampalord. im sold. thanks for the rec.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Yocan Uni Pro is the current gold standard for 510 cart batteries, you can find them for like $25 online and they have adjustable voltage down to 2V, can fit any width cart, have a preheat, and are durable. There's also a Uni Twist and other Uni models which are all popular, but the Uni Pro is the one to get if you have no preference.

It's much smaller than it looks and carts sit deep inside the battery, 1g carts at the lowest position only have the mouth piece sticking out.

Most cart batteries fire too hot, especially if you have higher quality concentrate, and that's what leads to that gross dark staining and poo poo in the bottom of your carts. 2-2.8V is generally the range to stick to if you want to keep your carts clean and happy.

Vessel and PCKT are both fairly popular and their products are fine at their current sale prices, but are functionally lesser than the Uni Pro and not worth full MSRP. CCell also sells the Palm and Silo which have long been popular and cheap, but don't have a fire button and run a bit hot.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Thanks, Wheee. I already ordered the vessel one, but I'll keep the voltage advice in mind.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Cool just run it on low, which is 2.4V, and step it up if you feel you need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Cloks posted:

i ordered a potv one and pax is replacing my pax 2 with a pax 3 for no charge :catdrugs:

glad i got in on the ten year warranty!

what kind of a furniture is this desk/chair/cat bed thing?