Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Speaking of wonderful special effects, currently watching Attack of the (the) Eye Creatures. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I enjoyed the rewatch of Catalina Caper, even though it's my first time watching that episode.

Something about the crew quickly naming that big whistle the "Digulator" ("dig you later") really got me giggling. If so many of these people are part of the creative process for the new season, then I'm really excited for Season 13

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

How many Bond villains turn up?

Richard Kiel, Donald Pleasance, Joe Don Baker (who also shows up as a good guy!), and Adolfo Celi

Feels like there should be someone else.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Sash! posted:

Richard Kiel, Donald Pleasance, Joe Don Baker (who also shows up as a good guy!), and Adolfo Celi

Christopher Lee.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Neil Connery

:D

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sash! posted:

Guy Doleman (Lippe from Thunderball) and Anthony Dawson (Prof. Dent from Dr. No) come to mind. Robert Rietty (Largo's voice in Thunderball, amongst others) also did a bunch of dubbing for Castle of Fu Manchu.

And not a Bond villain, but George Lazenby turns up in Master Ninja II playing 007 with the serial numbers filed off.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 29, 2021

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Ian McShane feels like he should have been a Bond villain at some point but he wasn't.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sash! posted:

Joe Don Baker (who also shows up as a good guy!)

Was he in another film besides Mitchell or Final Justice? Both of those characters were kill happy cops who didn’t really strike me as good guys. More like just not quite as terrible as the bad guys.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Was he in another film besides Mitchell or Final Justice? Both of those characters were kill happy cops who didn’t really strike me as good guys. More like just not quite as terrible as the bad guys.

Well, Walking Tall was the quintessential 70's "man pushed past his limits takes matters into his own hands" type deal, based (probably loosely) on a true story. I think Sash! was talking about Joe Don as Jack Wade in the Brosnan Bond films, although he worked for the CIA so still probably a villain.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

Well, Walking Tall was the quintessential 70's "man pushed past his limits takes matters into his own hands" type deal, based (probably loosely) on a true story. I think Sash! was talking about Joe Don as Jack Wade in the Brosnan Bond films, although he worked for the CIA so still probably a villain.

Joe Don Baker plays both a villain and a sidekick in Bond movies. He's the villain in the Living Daylights and then comes back and plays Bond's CIA counterpart in Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dawgstar posted:

although he worked for the CIA so still probably a villain.

I always assumed he was supposed to be Felix Leiter #7 just with a different name and Felix was a decent guy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just realized that the weird maybe-Canadian mayor's museum/home in Cry Wilderness was filmed in the San Diego Air and Space Museum, which is just an utterly bizarre choice.

It's very strange to have strolled through an MST3K film location multiple times completely unawares.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I just realized that the weird maybe-Canadian mayor's museum/home in Cry Wilderness was filmed in the San Diego Air and Space Museum, which is just an utterly bizarre choice.

It's very strange to have strolled through an MST3K film location multiple times completely unawares.

I'm not convinced Cry Wilderness isn't a cryptid itself

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Make sure to turn your crank to Frank and wish him a happy birthday today.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Billy Ray Cyrusssssss :wiggle:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Burkion posted:

I'm not convinced Cry Wilderness isn't a cryptid itself

That's it Paul, you're expelled!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

BROOKS and DUNN

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Splint Chesthair posted:

BROOKS and DUNN

Wynonna! :haw:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

We'll never know how many boarding schools Bigfoot had to yell at before he found Paul

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MOAR REBA

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cause it's knowing that love could be Frank if only the sun and the moon would collide to be Frank!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Pinwiz11 posted:

MOAR REBA

Am I out of Reba?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

🎶WORKIN ON A SEX FARM🎶

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Oh no, Chunk has been hit in the hunky shoulder! :ohdear:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

One of my favorite jokes is the noise that Tom makes when the dummy falls out of the helicopter.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The haunting... Torgo's theme.

"I wet 'em."

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Survey received and done :)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Gaz-L posted:

Survey received and done :)

Oh HELL YEAH

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They said in a recent update that it might take a while to get all the surveys out as they can only send them out in batches of so many.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The version of Manos I watched yesterday was some kind of hack job where some guy had spliced the MST3K host segments and silhouettes over the HD-restoration Ben Solo did a few years ago, and also added in (un-riffed) missing scenes towards the end. And holy loving poo poo. I was not prepared for essentially a 5 minute scene where the Master just beats the poo poo out of his wives.

I can't think of another experiment that honestly falls off the cliff like Manos does. The first half or so is hilarious with Torgo antics and funny bad movie stuff, but then it just gets loving depressing and grim and nasty, even before someone adds in the scenes Best Brains cut out for VERY GOOD REASONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnxVbGZNHSs

If someone wants to experience it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Manos is definitely one of those MST3K episodes where I have to be in the mood to watch it, it's not one I find myself just putting on casually or even for background noise. Whereas something like Radar Secret Service, I can do that any time with no problems.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Manos is definitely one of those MST3K episodes where I have to be in the mood to watch it, it's not one I find myself just putting on casually or even for background noise. Whereas something like Radar Secret Service, I can do that any time with no problems.

Now that you mention it it's not one I really rewatch a lot either.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Manos only has like a few riffs I guffaw at like "this is going to be a snuff film" and not much else

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm stupidly excited for the swag i'm going to get because it'll seem really meaningful to me. :kiddo:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

been thinking about it and this might be my favorite moment in the whole show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh5n2IFzn1c&t=29s

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Morter posted:

I'm stupidly excited for the swag i'm going to get because it'll seem really meaningful to me. :kiddo:

Between this swag and my framed/signed On Cinema golden ticket I think my wife is about to throw me out lol

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Zeether posted:

Manos only has like a few riffs I guffaw at like "this is going to be a snuff film" and not much else

"It's a Frank Frazetta of Frank Zappa." is :discourse:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

For me it's "Every frame of this movie looks like someone's last known photograph."

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It's backer o clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Junkie Disease posted:

It's backer o clock

It's quarter to moist