Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

It is of course good for the rest of humanity getting a new situational antiviral medication into eventual production, and one with possible antibiotic efficacy at that.

For those about to flee America, we salute you :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

boop the snoot posted:

https://www.reuters.com/business/he...ows-2021-08-31/

My exact reaction to this was me saying “oh gently caress the gently caress right the gently caress off” out loud.

quote:

Already known for its antibacterial qualities, the peptide can be synthesized in the laboratory, Guido said in an interview, making the capture or raising of the snakes unnecessary.

Gin up some E. coli to poo poo out a whole bunch of the peptide. Unless it's got some crazy secondary processing and refining requirements, it's not really complicated in this day and age. poo poo, depending on it's physical properties freeze-dried peptides can have some surprising resilience to fudging the refrigeration and kinetic shock for shipping and storage.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Gin up some E. coli to poo poo out a whole bunch of the peptide. Unless it's got some crazy secondary processing and refining requirements, it's not really complicated in this day and age. poo poo, depending on it's physical properties freeze-dried peptides can have some surprising resilience to fudging the refrigeration and kinetic shock for shipping and storage.

Not sure I can trust someone named Diarrhea Elemental about how easy it is to work with E. Coli.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

CainFortea posted:

Not sure I can trust someone named Diarrhea Elemental about how easy it is to work with E. Coli.

One hand (metaphorically) washes the other?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

I don’t know what most of this means but I’m thinking Dale from Arkansas is gonna try to find a rattle snake.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

All I'm hearing is chug peptidebismol until the Covid stops and that's exactly what I'm gonna tell my Facebook friends to do

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

aphid_licker posted:

All I'm hearing is chug peptidebismol until the Covid stops and that's exactly what I'm gonna tell my Facebook friends to do

Just so long as it's not Robitussin, you won't get sued by Chris Rock.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just so long as it's not Robitussin, you won't get sued by Chris Rock.

Just look for whatever has the most dextromethorphan.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The prosecutor that initially shielded police and obstructed the federal investigation into the lynching of Ahmaud Aubrey has been arrested for her role in his death’s coverup.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Midjack posted:

Cool now call me when you get it through the Senate.

I doubt she can even get it through the House.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I doubt she can even get it through her staffers

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Stravag posted:

I doubt she can even get it through her staffers

I doubt she's going to do anything at all.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Milo and POTUS posted:

Anyone who is surprised at this development is stupid as poo poo and anyone who expresses public surprise is dumber still

:hmmyes: but the outrage is basically a ritual at this point

RFC2324 posted:

the law is just 'abortion hurts everyone so we can all sue'?

I think the law is "we think this will get 5-4 no matter what so gently caress you" and there is no longer any facade of caring about legal principles

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CainFortea posted:

I doubt she's going to do anything at all.

I bet she's secretly a Republican because both sides are the same and I am very smart.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

The prosecutor that initially shielded police and obstructed the federal investigation into the lynching of Ahmaud Aubrey has been arrested for her role in his death’s coverup.

Wow

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Best Friends posted:

The idea that Joe manchin is a deeply principled guy who can't be bought into something (whose daughter by no doubt her own virtues rose to being a pharma CEO) is the most irritating obvious lie in politics imo.

https://twitter.com/ScottHech/status/1433291463253639168

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Discussion Quorum posted:

:hmmyes: but the outrage is basically a ritual at this point

I meant the twatters

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/KVOA/status/1433518087672762396?s=19

lol just a little light domestic terrorism over masking

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

https://twitter.com/KVOA/status/1433518087672762396?s=19

lol just a little light domestic terrorism over masking

I’m still waiting for one of these guys to start waving a gun around and shoot themselves in the dick or plaxico themselves.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-florida-parents-lined-chiropractors-121035592.html

Bad medical advice and a chiropractor….I’m shocked.

I do like how the school updated the policy to make him ineligible and require a real doctor.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1433525418854916100

No, motherfucker.

Play stupid games, win stupid nicknames.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Defenestrategy posted:

Joe Rogan is and has always been a piece of poo poo, but he's such a soft interviewer that he'll pretty much nod and go "that makes sense" unless it's about one of his pet causes, drugs and fight sports. From that standpoint Rogan was a good place to put sandman to get his message out to people who may or may not already be with him and actively vote.

It seems to me from only watching clips on youtube that there are three types of Joe Rogan interviews:

1) The guest is so fascinating he shuts up and listens.
2) Joe dosent agree with the guest and smugly smiles at them and tries to goad them into admitting they're actually wrong.
3) Joe is high as gently caress and constantly goes on mostly unrelated tangents either about a drug (you ever tried DMT?) or about a previous guest (you ever hear of so and so? he was on the show *rambles a poorly told tldr about that interview).

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
There was a pretty funny one where he interviewed James Hetfield from Metallica and was just basically unable to comprehend that one of thrash metal's most notorious party animals was completely sober and lived in his wife's quaint little hometown in Colorado and he spends his free time in the winter skiing to relax and poo poo.

Joe Rogan is not capable of actually understanding anyone whose mindset isn't similar to his own or simply angrily powerful. I bet he lined that one up expecting all sorts of rip roaring drug abuse tales and all-nighter orgy stories and instead got the complete opposite.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1433525418854916100

No, motherfucker.

Play stupid games, win stupid nicknames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QprrM40_E

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Joe Rogan has had Alex Jones on his show multiple times and allowed him to spread dangerous misinformation to all of the misguided idiot boys that make up Rogan’s audience with either 1) no pushback at all, 2) or such soft pushback that it ended up making Jones appear more credible to an uninformed audience.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Internet Wizard posted:

Joe Rogan has had Alex Jones on his show multiple times and allowed him to spread dangerous misinformation to all of the misguided idiot boys that make up Rogan’s audience with either 1) no pushback at all, 2) or such soft pushback that it ended up making Jones appear more credible to an uninformed audience.

What really irritates me is that idiots like Rogan are the same idiots that run Facebook/Twitter/Reddit. Weirdo first amendment absolutists that believe that more speech is always better, and that the solution to bad speech is better speech, then they hold no responsibility for airing the bullshit uncritically while making GBS threads on the science.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST PROVE JOE ROGAN WRONG

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And now from the world of sports.

https://youtu.be/saNer4x94kM

bengy81
May 8, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

What really irritates me is that idiots like Rogan are the same idiots that run Facebook/Twitter/Reddit. Weirdo first amendment absolutists that believe that more speech is always better, and that the solution to bad speech is better speech, then they hold no responsibility for airing the bullshit uncritically while making GBS threads on the science.

WHY DON'T YOU JUST PROVE JOE ROGAN WRONG

And everybody that listens to Rogan BELIEVES EVERYTHING EVERY GUEST EVER SAYS!!!!

It's absolutely maddening.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Best Friends posted:

The idea that Joe manchin is a deeply principled guy who can't be bought into something (whose daughter by no doubt her own virtues rose to being a pharma CEO) is the most irritating obvious lie in politics imo.

he's the sin eater who runs cover for at least a dozen other D senators who privately also don't want to do any of the things he doesn't want to do

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

quote:

appearing to climb over the reception desk

This journalist is a master of the craft.

We don’t want to make any assumptions. Perhaps the desk chose that moment to clip into the floor.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Holy poo poo. Now that was unexpected.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GD_American posted:

Holy poo poo. Now that was unexpected.

Yeah, seeing a prosecutor get prosecuted seems rare even compared to Cops or even judges for that matter.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is some unanticipated good news.

It’s a long weekend so I’m crossing my fingers for a news article with the words “freakishly tragic boating accident” involving “a majority of Texas lawmakers” and “Governor Abbot” and “shark” and “missing the majority of his ribcage” but for now this will hold me.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This is some unanticipated good news.

It’s a long weekend so I’m crossing my fingers for a news article with the words “freakishly tragic boating accident” involving “a majority of Texas lawmakers” and “Governor Abbot” and “shark” and “missing the majority of his ribcage” but for now this will hold me.

If everyone else got off scott free I seriously doubt anything is going to happen to them.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I bet she's secretly a Republican because both sides are the same and I am very smart.

results speak for themselves. she's the best speaker the GOP has had since Gingrich

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

a little more good news, since it hasn't migrated from the denver thread

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/09/01/elijah-mcclain-grand-jury-aurora-police/

The pigs who murdered Elijah McClain may actually see punishment. Remember that we already removed qualified immunity here

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So regarding that book that Nick Soapdish posted about in last month’s CE thread- Alpha, the book about Eddie Gallagher that had some less than flattering excerpts. I’ve been listening to it on audiobook and poo poo, these are among the LESS egregious things that Gallagher did on deployment to Mosul. Shooting civilians, stealing from his teammates, disobeying orders, and coming close to killing a second prisoner are what I’ve gotten to so far and I’m like halfway done with the book. In one instance, his SEAL platoon got so sick of his poo poo when he tried to reassign a JTAC for disloyalty that three SEALs were ready to fight him the moment he walked in for a meeting while another had a pistol holstered in case Gallagher got truly violent. It didn’t get that far

Dude is a loving psycho and is probably going to kill someone else someday. This isn’t merely a case of someone in the SOF community being blinded by moral injury and losing sight of the line between good and evil, Gallagher is just an evil, lovely person.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

RFC2324 posted:

a little more good news, since it hasn't migrated from the denver thread

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/09/01/elijah-mcclain-grand-jury-aurora-police/

The pigs who murdered Elijah McClain may actually see punishment. Remember that we already removed qualified immunity here

The Aurora PD response to Elijah's murder and the response to the grand jury indictments is a good example of why the entire system is loving broken and needs to be reformed top to bottom.

quote:

Immediately after Elijah McClain’s death, Chief Metz stated clearly that McClain was not murdered by our officers. Nothing has changed. Our officers did nothing wrong.

McClain died due to a combination of exertion due to his decision to violently resist arrest and a preexisting heart condition. He was alive and talking when the officers turned him over to EMS. There is no evidence that our officers caused his death.

The hysterical overreaction to this case has severely damaged the police department. Inevitably, the public are the ones who’ve paid the price. This fall, the public has the opportunity to restore sanity to this situation in the City Council elections. They should not take a return to normalcy for granted.

If you don't recall how Elijah McClain was murdered, he was the young black man in Colorado who had done nothing wrong and completely complied with police orders. While on the ground he was telling them he loved and supported police and was not resisting. They injected him with ketamine and killed him. Once again, he had committed no crime. A white person called the cops on him because they're racist.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Aurora PD response to Elijah's murder and the response to the grand jury indictments is a good example of why the entire system is loving broken and needs to be reformed top to bottom.

If you don't recall how Elijah McClain was murdered, he was the young black man in Colorado who had done nothing wrong and completely complied with police orders. While on the ground he was telling them he loved and supported police and was not resisting. They injected him with ketamine and killed him. Once again, he had committed no crime. A white person called the cops on him because they're racist.

If I remember it correctly they called the police because he was a black man wearing a scarf while it was cold outside. I listened to the audio from the police when it first circulated and he is more compliant than about anyone else and never once resisted. He basically was so scared and nervous he threw up as they were pinning him to the ground.

I’m my opinion is was substantial more egregious than George Floyd because he completely did everything they asked, and he was even a “big scary black man,” he was like 140lbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/CharlotteBellis/status/1433781936904970241?s=19

https://twitter.com/CharlotteBellis/status/1433781941137035271?s=19