Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You can get mane and tail in like any shampoo aisle, pretty sure it's just regular boring shampoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raudedauden
Jun 18, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Dont people also use Mane and Tail horse shampoo for some reason?

Yes. It makes your hair fabulous. I used to use it and would have people always touching my hair.

I believe I used to see ads in magazine recommending it for human hair

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

I know people in Ireland who swear by some ointment for cows nipples as a moisturiser

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

smellmycheese posted:

I know people in Ireland who swear by some ointment for cows nipples as a moisturiser

Bag Balm, probably. My sister used both Bag Balm and Mane & Tail because she was... a ruminant mammal...?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

You can get mane and tail in like any shampoo aisle, pretty sure it's just regular boring shampoo

but there's either TWO horses on the bottle or one of Loki's other horse kids. humans dont even have one horse power, and most people dont have Asgardians genes.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Brawnfire posted:

Bag Balm, probably. My sister used both Bag Balm and Mane & Tail because she was... a ruminant mammal...?

There's a couple brands, the udder cream is just basically moisturizer that works really well on any type of skin.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Brawnfire posted:

Bag Balm, probably.

I use bag balm for cycling, but it's also sold on the skin care isle at CVS so I don't think that's the same

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PhazonLink posted:

but there's either TWO horses on the bottle or one of Loki's other horse kids. humans dont even have one horse power, and most people dont have Asgardians genes.

speak for yourself

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

There are many bags in need of balming

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shishkahuben posted:

or "drungry," if you will

I posted that a month ago. I had to click back to my original post to remember what food I was talking about. (I accidently ordered a Fish Fillet when I wanted McNuggets, so no one else has to click through)

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
Mom uses Laser Sheen, mane and tail detangler. As hair spray.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is there no bag balm in Gilead? No shampoo for your dogs? Why then do you restrict the horse paste from my people?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

flavor.flv posted:

Is there no bag balm in Gilead? No shampoo for your dogs? Why then do you restrict the horse paste from my people?

You ninja edited this before I hit Quote so I'm addressing your original post of "just sell the people the drat horse paste, why make it harder for them?"

Because people with horses who need the horse medicine (that's made for horses) aren't able to buy it anymore because their local veterinary supply stores (stuff for animals) are out of stock due to fuckwits cleaning them out of the horse medicine, hth

e: also this being the US, I'm 101% sure that the second someone dies from overdosing on horse medicine for horses, their family will spray lawsuits at anyone vaguely connected to the supply chain saying but but but they should have done more to prevent them from buying medicine that's clearly not for human consumption!

vvvv ok fair enough

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 20:37 on Sep 2, 2021

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just wanted a vehicle for the line "Is there no bag balm in Gilead"

I edited it because I was worried somebody might take it seriously

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Raudedauden posted:

Yes. It makes your hair fabulous. I used to use it and would have people always touching my hair.
Yeah it's great, I started using it again after my hair got long enough to justify it.

Notably, it explicitly has "DIRECTIONS FOR HUMAN USE" and "DIRECTIONS FOR ANIMAL USE" on the back.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dog shampoo is more or less fine, it's just funny that this motherfucker was clueless about it. The picture of a dog shampoo from the pet isle, eh?

Dogs need special shampoo because their skin's pH balance is more neutral than our acidic balance, and they have thinner skin layers on the cellular level. So human shampoo leaves them itchy, dry, and miserable, when they already scratch more than we do. Dog shampoo on your scalp isn't going to be as bad as the reverse.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Please hang up.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Bottom Liner posted:

I use bag balm for cycling, but it's also sold on the skin care isle at CVS so I don't think that's the same

It's the same thing. Bag Balm was originally intended for use on cow udders that had been irritated by milking, but it 's just a salve made of lanolin and vaseline so it got used for everything on humans as well. Sunburns, cracked hands, diaper rash, etc. The cow udder is the "bag" that it's named after, it's a balm for the cow's milk bag.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Works fine for a ballbag, milkbags, or any baggy bits you need balmed

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Definitely need to make BAG BALM FOR HIM with a picture of a hairy scrote on it lest the itchy dudebro demographic be afeart that they might be putting milk bag balm on their ball bag.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

smellmycheese posted:

seaborgium posted:

There's a couple brands, the udder cream is just basically moisturizer that works really well on any type of skin.

Yeah, I used to use Udderly Smooth when I worked in a restaurant and was washing my hands fifty times an hour.

https://twitter.com/TheTomGeorge/status/1432895534210060292

https://twitter.com/TheRealStuart_/status/1432899821191434241
:drat:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

The thing is that you use horse shampoo and udder cream on your outsides, and ivermectin on your insides.

That's actually a very important difference.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.
I think it’s up to me where I put the horse cream.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

chglcu posted:

I think it’s up to me where I put the horse cream.

:mods:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

PhazonLink posted:

Mane and Tail is good if you don't like scented shampoos

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Please hang up.

No you hang up :blush:

_/

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

hawowanlawow posted:

I always used it for wigs when I toured with theater shows. It’s a great shampoo.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I have some family members that swear by mane and tail for great hair. I don't have enough hair to really worry about shampoo so can't give a personal experience, but the people who use it really love it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

social media was a mistake

https://twitter.com/40ATLAS/status/1433108278653902849

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I hate this guy for making Logan Paul of all people the sympathetic guy in the video

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Raudedauden posted:

I believe I used to see ads in magazine recommending it for human hair

:emptyquote:

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Martman posted:

why, do y'all use a lot of slurs or something?

No, it just turns out that a DND game with a bunch of drunk suburban assholes that's 60% inside jokes isn't entertaining to anyone but them.
Also, a single camera mounted somewhere around the table is going to look and sound like absolute dog poo poo.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's the same logic that makes people think they can publish their discord RP as a fantasy novel

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah watching the professional actors do it with expensive lighting and camera work is "eh, I'll watch it if nothing else is on" in a world where there's never nothing else on.

Amateurs being recorded by a single phone camera in someone's loungeroom sounds like it would be as much fun as pulling teeth.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Heath posted:

It's the same logic that makes people think they can publish their discord RP as a fantasy novel

Or "We're so funny and interesting, we should make a podcast. It'll just be about the crazy random poo poo we talk about."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why anyone would ever make a podcast about anything other than Bloodborne lore is beyond me

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
there were some books and stuff in japan in the 90s that were novelizations of tabletop game campaigns. some were a little successful, i think? not really seen a lot of info about it in english honestly.

but yea that kinda stuff is fun while you are doing it and there but probably would be garbo to anyone outside the game

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I played D&D for a while with a group that had fantasies of being the next Critical Role, and we streamed it all on Twitch, and I guess the sessions are still up on YouTube, but most of us weren't that exciting, the group was way too big to spend any time with interesting character interaction, and (ultimately why I decided to drop out) the DM was of the type to just throw a ridiculous number of monsters way stronger than we should be able to handle to the extent that a bunch of us had to come to him and be like, dude, stop. Every session was just several hours of punishing combat with long waits between your turns, no roleplay, very little in the way of anything that was not combat. I think I realised I needed to quit when it occurred to me that the dragon we were fighting was regularly making attacks that were powerful enough to insta-kill my rogue and I was halfway hoping that it would.

Shame, though. I had fun in the beginning. But I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to watch us.

I stick to my regular group these days. Small, familiar with each other, all ladies and enbys until we very recently obtained a token dude. Combat doesn't take a million years because there's only five of us and it's a good group to take a moment to stand around and have a lengthy in-character conversation about whether we should go buy pickles from the orc in the marketplace or enter the druid in the camel race and make the DM hastily create a makeshift track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

there were some books and stuff in japan in the 90s that were novelizations of tabletop game campaigns. some were a little successful, i think? not really seen a lot of info about it in english honestly.

but yea that kinda stuff is fun while you are doing it and there but probably would be garbo to anyone outside the game

Yes, thank goodness there aren't hundreds of garbage tier fantasy books that are nothing more than transcribed tabletop campaigns.