Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
COMRADES THE REVOLUTION IS BETRAYED
THE GANGSTER LABOR ARISTOCRACY HAS SPAT UPON THE CASTRO LEGACY AND LED CUBA DOWN THE PATH OF REVISIONISM AND CAPITALIST SUBVERSION

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/drogon_dracarys/status/1431713441853677569

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/MarimoZach/status/1432025026740457473

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/BrianMteleSUR/status/1432413624681869314

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

i hope neoliberalism dies the most painful death possible

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ah, I guess the US giving a possible positive nod might make the 7th really worrying.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just lol if you didn’t see this coming when Biden sent state dept ghouls to meet jair months ago

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wasn't there some high level meeting at FIESP where the final take was that Brazil was headed to either civil war, another incompetent term for Jair or, in the worst case scenario (in their opinion), another Lula term?

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Wasn't there some high level meeting at FIESP where the final take was that Brazil was headed to either civil war, another incompetent term for Jair or, in the worst case scenario (in their opinion), another Lula term?

in other words business as usual

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

this is what they were rioting for all this time

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShinjiTheCuban/status/1433110655943561221?t=kAL5Ro3OMwx4V2Q2sEtevQ&s=19

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

bad opsec

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
imagine getting fired for being a communist when you're not even one

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

C'mon guys, I'm anti-Cuba.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

him getting fired for being a bargain bin "leftist" would be extremely hilarious

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the jail rooms in georgia when i visited someone had distant tiny slits for windows and physically prevented anyone from seeing the inmate from outside

in-person visits were forbidden and were done through telephone over cctv

this was years ago well before covid

this was not prison

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

Doctor Jeep posted:

him getting fired for being a bargain bin "leftist" would be extremely hilarious

You know this guy talks big on the internet, but when confronted in real life all he can do is struggle to come up with talking points.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You know this guy talks big on the internet, but when confronted in real life all he can do is struggle to come up with talking points.

That must have been a difficult session

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

crying soyjak googling aoc speeches to show his boss

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Anti-Cuban Leftist Gets Double Teamed By Boss And Co-worker

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

the jail rooms in georgia when i visited someone had distant tiny slits for windows and physically prevented anyone from seeing the inmate from outside

in-person visits were forbidden and were done through telephone over cctv

this was years ago well before covid

this was not prison

you may be surprised to find that not every prison in the world resembles american prisons

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

babypolis posted:

you may be surprised to find that not every prison in the world resembles american prisons

I think his point is that american jails are worse than bolivian prisons

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
I can think of one Brazilian that doesn't take it seriously...

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

The Unnamed One posted:

I can think of one Brazilian that doesn't take it seriously...

I know! whose job coincidentally means a lot about dealing with it, right?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
He's taken seriously to it. Twice!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Brazil is probably the mirror world version of the US response atm because most State Governors have been enforcing mask mandates and vaccination since early on while the Federal Government has been very obstructive on that matter. The governors honestly have done a pretty good job considering their circumstances, securing as many doses as possible and keeping lockdowns and curfews.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

ZearothK posted:

Bolsonaro recently openly said that he's only leaving office if they kill or arrest him, so it doesn't sound like he's planning on just meekly giving up when Lula beats him electorally by a 2:1 margin.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Bolsonaro recently openly said that he's only leaving office if they kill or arrest him

we have a truckers' strike incoming and watch the man dissolve into pure corn mush

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

dead gay comedy forums posted:

we have a truckers' strike incoming and watch the man dissolve into pure corn mush

that owns, good to see trucker strikes used for good like in Bolivia and not for evil like in Chile under Allende

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

vyelkin posted:

that owns, good to see trucker strikes used for good like in Bolivia and not for evil like in Chile under Allende

yeah, about that, unfortunately it's more the latter than the former

the way I see it, they more or less realized they got owned as gently caress and got sold by bolso but do not explicitly see him as an enemy (not yet at least). I do count on his total rear end in a top hat mentality to rectify that though

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Plutonis posted:

Brazil is probably the mirror world version of the US response atm because most State Governors have been enforcing mask mandates and vaccination since early on while the Federal Government has been very obstructive on that matter. The governors honestly have done a pretty good job considering their circumstances, securing as many doses as possible and keeping lockdowns and curfews.

Oddly reminds me of how things went in Australia, though it looks like the one Premier who's as myopic and incompetent as the PM is looking to gently caress all that up for everyone.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Doctor Jeep posted:

it's a good cover story when he inevitably sets up a venmo/patreon/substack

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

yellowcar posted:

it's a good cover story when he inevitably sets up a venmo/patreon/substack

in today's substack: *photos of a chubby white cuban with terrible facial hair trying not to cough when smoking a cigar*

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/vijayprashad/status/1434170567389851654

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/OVargas52/status/1434161899504033793

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

welp

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/drogon_dracarys/status/1433981616616001538

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lmao at the world cup qualifier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/tomphillipsin/status/1434451736153018369
“Man, I feel immense happiness at being here because we’re here to make our country a better place and get these corrupt folk out,” said Orlandino Mendes Valentim, 54, who had driven 700 miles to the capital from the town of Mantena in the south-eastern state of Minas Gerais.

“We thank God that a man like Bolsonaro came along to fight our corner,” Valentim said as he strolled through the political centre of Brazil’s futurist capital on Monday afternoon, past street vendors selling T-shirts depicting Bolsonaro wearing army fatigues and with the English slogan: “Make Brazil Great Again.” He added: “We don’t want to turn into some kind of Venezuela or Argentina.”

Valentim’s travelling companion Custódio Marques Junior said he had come to fight for the future of his children and grandchildren and to make Brazil more like the US, where he is a citizen and has lived for many years. He brandished a bright yellow jersey stamped with the words: “Fechados com Bolsonaro.” (We’re with Bolsonaro.)