Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Robert Analog posted:

drake is so loving corny lmao

Lover boy 👨👨

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
5 songs in after some of the tracks went up early and holy poo poo this is boring. It’s definitely a drake album, but it’s shocking how boring the beginning of this album is.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

gently caress, the new Little Simz album is so good

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
yeah stream Simz instead of CLB

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just finished it. What a boring loving album. Should’ve seen it coming though, this is basically views and scorpion but without a single

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I'm trying, but like every time before I'm left thinking Drake just isn't for me.

Nothing stands out, everything sounds the same, I'm very bored. Maybe if I was really into Drake I'd be able to hear something I'm not.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BrainDance posted:

I'm trying, but like every time before I'm left thinking Drake just isn't for me.

he hasn’t put out anything good in a long long long time

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Been refusing to listen to donda so I had mate spin it and he said I had to hear off the grid and nothing else and... Yeah. Banger. Fivio, bro, drat.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

Been refusing to listen to donda

why

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

certified lover boy is traaaash

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I like the stay scheming drake verse. The one on It's Good was decent too but Jada slaughters the song so it gets overlooked. I struggle to think of many other verses that stick out from his career tbh.

https://youtu.be/kCy4CRyk_tM

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Rick Ross bars about gusanos cheering Fidel’s death. Not good!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

every time a new drake album comes out i think "surely it couldn't be worse and more boring than his last bad and boring album" and every time i am wrong

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

i don't really have an hour and change to waste atm. it's not a religious (that's funny) position or anything

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

i don't really have an hour and change to waste atm. it's not a religious (that's funny) position or anything

Yet you got a lot of time to post. Imo just listen when you have free time or while doing something boring like working or driving.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

and also skip the first 11 tracks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just finished CLB. his worst album ever. zero good songs. avoid

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
so Lil Nas X's upcoming album is going to have, in addition to the Jack Harlow verse on Industry Baby, features from
-Megan Thee Stallion
-Elton John
-Miley Cyrus

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

just finished CLB. his worst album ever. zero good songs. avoid

yikes it's worse than scorpion? i'm now actually dreading listening to this lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wamsutta posted:

yikes it's worse than scorpion? i'm now actually dreading listening to this lol

scorpion had gods plan, this new one doesn't have a single... single

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

scorpion had gods plan, this new one doesn't have a single... single

and gods plan came out as a single like 10 months before scorpion dropped, lol

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

Stop listening to Drake and listen to the new Little Simz album. Be kinder to yourself.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Paperback Writer posted:

gently caress, the new Little Simz album is so good

saw it came out right before i went to bed last night canf wait to listen

every time a new drake album comes out i think "surely it couldn't be worse and more boring than his last bad and boring album" and every time i am wrong

yep

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
this drake album is crap

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Every drake album sounds like every drake album and I had to check to make sure I’m listening to his new one because he hasn’t changed anything about anything in a decade.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The CLB cover on Spotify is cursed as hell
https://i.imgur.com/qbyP175.mp4

And has amazing bars like:
"Said that you a lesbian, girl, me too"
"I had to gently caress a lot of girls to get a kid like this"

More like Certified Lesbian Boy

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i can't believe i keep getting tricked into listening to albums like donda and clb

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CLB is music made by the Spotify algorithms , it’s so loving bland I can’t believe it.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

CLB is music made by the Spotify algorithms , it’s so loving bland I can’t believe it.

This is so boring it is insane. Just nothing memorable or catchy about any of it

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I have absolutely zero desire to listen to it but feel obligated just so I can be part of this discussion. What an unbelievable fall from Reading This, which was at least pretty good, to now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Certified Boy Lover

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yet you got a lot of time to post. Imo just listen when you have free time or while doing something boring like working or driving.

To be clear I'm not passing judgement on people who listened to the album knowing it wasn't great. I'm just personally choosing not to.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i keep going back to tylers "call me if you get lost" though, there is so much there. a lot of little details to pore over, so much hand crafted production that i keep discovering new little things about each track that i like. i love that despite there being a lot of "derivative" sound to it, it still feels experimental in its composition in a lot of places. there's not one track that i even think about skipping (aside from the intro sometimes), and i almost always listen to the album from front to back. tyler seems to have this unusual career where every album he makes is better than the last rather than having breakout works or a sudden magnum opus, but i'm really loving it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I have absolutely zero desire to listen to it but feel obligated just so I can be part of this discussion. What an unbelievable fall from Reading This, which was at least pretty good, to now.

yeah i really liked IYTRITL

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

yeah i really liked IYTRITL

IYRTITL is fuckin great and I still listen to it. Nothing Was The Same, Take Care and Thank Me Later are also good. Views has a few good songs but is meh. Scorpion has like 2 hit singles and is too fuckin long and boring. CLB is just long and boring.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Nice for What, God's Plan.... I can't think of much else post Reading This that I liked?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

some of the stuff he did with future was ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Oh and Walk It Talk It i guess