Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
"It's incredibly moronic to say that it's completely OK to have teammates, or other Honda teams to be intentionally impeding the progress of a rival who's leading the race, but then take offense to said leader complaining to race control, that their rivals are using team orders to affect race outcomes. You don't honestly believe Hinch was doing nothing but fighting to stay on the lead lap, do you?"

Ah yes, the Honda conspiracy. Thank you Racer.com boards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I mean, I'm partial to certain manufacturers myself but it always surprises me how partisan GM and Ford fans are.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1427685042671820812?s=19

Looks like corn is back on the menu, boys!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Yes! This is great news!

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1428378923633676292

Iowa is going to be a double header. This is good, Iowa is an awesome track.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Hopefully at least one of them (preferably saturday) will be a proper night race, none of this sunset bullshit. Let the track cool off and you get much better racing with the current package.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Looking forward to seeing Josef Newgarden sweep the doubleheader. :cool:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Space Racist posted:

Looking forward to seeing Josef Newgarden sweep the doubleheader. :cool:
Was really glad I was at that race where he lapped the whole drat field in an ECR car.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Was it Iowa where they pulled a number out of a hat (so to speak) and thats how the driver got their starting grid position?

I swear I remember that happening a few years ago.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

https://lbpost.com/news/long-beach-to-require-masks-at-large-outdoor-gatherings-including-grand-prix

inb4 people boycotting the race that they were never going to attend in the first place.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Custard Undies posted:

Was it Iowa where they pulled a number out of a hat (so to speak) and thats how the driver got their starting grid position?

I swear I remember that happening a few years ago.

I think that was Texas one year.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

https://racer.com/2021/08/20/andretti-pursuing-formula-1-team-takeover/

Looks like the Andretti's are looking to get into F1.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

Race day.

Paul Tracy and i have something in common. Neither one of us has won the Indy 500.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Indy Lights was a disaster, the Cooper Tires didn't hold up in race 1, so they threw a mandatory 10 minute pit stop in the middle of race two and they STILL didn't last, two finishes under caution, which was lame af. My boy Kirkwood deserves better. The fuckin power got knocked out to a bunch of the track during the truck race, which they got back going after like 45 minutes, but the racing was decent there before and after. In Indycar I enjoyed watching Grosjean figure things out, and while I'm glad to see O'Ward on top of the championship, I hate that Veekay nailed Palou and Dixon to get him there. Plenty of attrition to go around though.

Still, it was another good race weekend in (East) St. Louis.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Laughing at this excerpt from an INDYCAR.com article:

quote:

Newgarden was particularly pleased with the oversized champagne bottles offered to the top-three finishers of Saturday night’s race. He said he planned to speak to INDYCAR’s owner – a guy named Roger Penske – about getting them for every race.

“I hate when we have these dinky little champagne bottles,” Newgarden said. “This is awesome. Everywhere we should have big bottles like this. I know the boss, so I’ll put in a good word.”

Newgarden wasn’t joking, either, saying they should be “mandatory” at all races.

“I think whoever has done a great job and gotten up on the podium should have a nice, big champagne bottle that sprays for a little while," he said. "You can hand it to the team, and everyone can enjoy it. I think it’s just better for the series. It’s not that hard to do; it’s just a small request. I think it goes a long way to the appearance of the show.”

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

milk champagne gimp

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/IndyCaronNBC/status/1430538856223358984?s=20

:(

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
God dammit. Between my father, father in law, and Bob/Robin I kind of hate cancer a whole lot!

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
gently caress. :(

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
RIP Robin.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

gently caress. gently caress cancer, god dammit.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPIPY1sGXYs

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Way belated but loving hell :smith:

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The Grand Prix of Portland's support races no longer has mx5s? Wtf, its now ARCA and USAC midgets.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

SPACE HOMOS posted:

The Grand Prix of Portland's support races no longer has mx5s? Wtf, its now ARCA and USAC midgets.

MX-5s switched sanctioning from Indycar to IMSA this year. It makes more sense for the series, but unfortunately it means they're rarely at Indycar weekends now.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Wait, USAC midgets on the road course?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Vasukhani posted:

Wait, USAC midgets on the road course?

Quarter midgets in the support paddock.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Theris posted:

MX-5s switched sanctioning from Indycar to IMSA this year. It makes more sense for the series, but unfortunately it means they're rarely at Indycar weekends now.

It does make more sense, but MX5s are so fun to watch. Having variety during the race weekend makes Fri/Sat more fun to go to.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Went to a new (to me) brewery today in Indy with a friend and it’s definitely worth a stop if you’re in town for the 500. Good-rear end beer but more importantly they worked with a historical preservation group to fix up the building because it was the Boyle Racing team headquarters. As in, the ones that ran Wilbur Shaw for his wins.

https://cbs4indy.com/this-morning/g...0-themed-brews/

http://boyleraceteam.org/

They even have a room with the rebuilt team hauler, a car, and lots of pictures.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dinner With Racers did a whole multi-episode thing on Mike Boyle btw.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Rosenqvist is overhyped trash.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Frond posted:

Rosenqvist is overhyped trash.

Wrong.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Sato to DCR.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

At least he got his two 500s.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
Well Sato did get Foyt his first (and only) win since Ayrton Daré in 02, and Grosjean has been doing decently at DCR. But yeah, probably no 3-peat for Taku.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
The guy is nearly 45 years old, he’s nearing the end of his time as a top line driver.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Sato was making that lovely Foyt car look better than it actually was/is. Even Bourdais can’t do much with it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Frond posted:

Sato to DCR.

No chance, no chance

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Frond posted:

Sato was making that lovely Foyt car look better than it actually was/is. Even Bourdais can’t do much with it.

You're right, Bourdais can't do much with the Foyt with the old bodywork and no aeroscreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Frond posted:

bourdais sucks poo poo so this is hardly surprising