Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Fart Amplifier posted:

It is, and and it looks like they just confirmed it

This is some pathetic 'gotcha' bullshit friendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Let people be angry FART AMPLIFIER.

I had a friend of mine, scientist turned tattoo artist (she rules), message me absolutely livid and upset - wondering if it was okay to hate these people. I said it's perfectly fine - they are absolute scum and after a year and a half of this plague being extended cause of them hatred is justified.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hating fascists is cool and good, actually.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Vintersorg posted:

I had a friend of mine, scientist turned tattoo artist (she rules), message me absolutely livid and upset - wondering if it was okay to hate these people. I said it's perfectly fine - they are absolute scum and after a year and a half of this plague being extended cause of them hatred is justified.

Yeah, it’s why that fake Macron quote spread so quickly. The vast majority is angry with the small minority who keeps loving this up, and at the government that supports their right to do so.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Someone posted this up on r/winnipeg:

I suppose there will always be these dipshits out there but now cause of social media and moderators doing absolutely nothing to stop the spread of this poo poo the world is worse off.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Is there a good twitter thread or blog post or some kind of post-mortem for the debate last night?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
O'Toole brought up his insane "Trudeau made a deal with Commie China" conspiracy theory and Blanchet threw a tantrum when Singh said systemic racism was present in Quebec.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Someone posted this up on r/winnipeg:

I suppose there will always be these dipshits out there but now cause of social media and moderators doing absolutely nothing to stop the spread of this poo poo the world is worse off.

mandatory snow tires?!!?! IN WINNIPEG?!?!

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

You can be angry at antivaxxers without dragging the thread down with posts about how society deserves to die because of Covid. It's not productive or healthy.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

McGavin posted:

What the hell is this wide stance bullshit? Did the debate take place in an airport bathroom?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_posing

It's obvious crankery that took off in the 2010s about how it makes you look more powerful. UK Politicians loving love doing it, leading to the name Tory Power Stance (though apparently Blair did it first?)

PittTheElder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 3, 2021

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

On a question around Indigenous affairs and mass unmarked graves being discovered, Blanchet immediately seemed to ignore the question and try to pivot somehow into accusing Singh and the Liberals of using the issue to call Quebec racist and like man maybe line that came off more nuanced in French (as I was watching the english dub) but that seemed loving insane to me???

Blanchet attacked Singh twice on "calling Quebec systemically racist" and I think Singh held his ground here (albeit in english dub).

In the press conference after, an anglo reporter asked Blanchet if he thought systemic racism existed in general or just not in Quebec, and Blanchet dodged that question.

All of this seemed like it would be near career ending anywhere else but it's Quebec so I guess it plays different :shrug:

Also both Blanchet and O'Toole were proclaiming that there's a huge job shortage because of CRB and CRB needs to be cut. Singh was the only person that pushed back on this idea, noting that CRB is less than minimum wage and that the workers were not there to be found because of low wages. (Also literally they all probably got new, better jobs months and months ago when they were laid off initially)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"Dragging the thread down" ok buddy, calm down.

E: loving getting "tut-tut"'d.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Look, stop getting in the way of the normally productive and healthy posting that usually happens in this thread and forum, capeesh?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Alberta to implement additional covid measures which may include "recommending that unvaccinated people limit their social contacts".

I'm sure that will stop the thousands of people getting COVID every day.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Pleads posted:

Alberta to implement additional covid measures which may include "recommending that unvaccinated people limit their social contacts".

I'm sure that will stop the thousands of people getting COVID every day.

gently caress, I thought this was a joke.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Recommendations are the most limp dicked response to anything here.

I recommend you don't take horse dewormer but im not gonna stop you.

FREE WILL. gently caress.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nanos is pushing the "O'Toole is a political freight train" narrative pretty hard today.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

As Premier, I recommend Albertans stop dying of COVID. Problem solved. I'm going to go and take a vacation for a few weeks. Let me know how it works out. See you in October!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Femtosecond posted:

Also both Blanchet and O'Toole were proclaiming that there's a huge job shortage because of CRB and CRB needs to be cut. Singh was the only person that pushed back on this idea, noting that CRB is less than minimum wage and that the workers were not there to be found because of low wages. (Also literally they all probably got new, better jobs months and months ago when they were laid off initially)

I'm loving sick of this drat argument (not what you/Singh said). Idiots all over the country keep repeating "The government needs to get rid of CERB! No one is working because of CERB!", and it's such a dumb tired opinion because:
  • CERB ended almost a loving year ago
  • CRB is what they mean, but
  • CRB now only pays $300/wk, which means
  • if you're paying your workers less than $300/wk, it's no loving wonder why no one wants to work for you.
Forget the laundry list of poo poo you've got to prove every 2 weeks, including proof that you're actively looking for work. Working doesn't disqualify you from receiving CRB either, meaning people can earn more by working.

All that to say, CRB 'aint creating a job shortage, and the people that claim that are loving morons. They're up there with "the vaccine isn't FDA approved" despite the FDA having jack poo poo to do with Canada.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 3, 2021

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
The college I work at has decided to give up on setting it's own Covid policy and are only going to enforce the Alberta government's policy from now on. Which of course means doing basically nothing but "recommending" masks, distancing, and vaccines. The best part is one of the buildings on campus is a LTC facility with an active outbreak, and people who work in that building are free to enter other buildings without wearing masks. Us in the IT department asked to be allowed to require that people wear masks while we work with them, but were told no. We can request that people wear a mask, but we can't refuse to work with people if they say no.

I've had colds/flu turn into viral pneumonia at least a dozen times in my life. Even vaccinated I don't like my chances if I catch Covid. I'm being required to come in for the sake of making things appear normal as possible for students, even though I just sit in a cubicle all day. I really hate this province.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To the surprise of nobody Kenney is late once again for his news conference.

Also Ford is shutting down the Ontario legislature until October, apparently.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol "we don't get to choose who gets sick".
Maybe if you imposed a mandate you could control that you moron.

Lol, a $100 gift card!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Coddling the stupidest among us is really frustrating.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

apatheticman posted:

The UCP doesn't want to upset their base.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Femtosecond posted:

On a question around Indigenous affairs and mass unmarked graves being discovered, Blanchet immediately seemed to ignore the question and try to pivot somehow into accusing Singh and the Liberals of using the issue to call Quebec racist and like man maybe line that came off more nuanced in French (as I was watching the english dub) but that seemed loving insane to me???

Blanchet attacked Singh twice on "calling Quebec systemically racist" and I think Singh held his ground here (albeit in english dub).

In the press conference after, an anglo reporter asked Blanchet if he thought systemic racism existed in general or just not in Quebec, and Blanchet dodged that question.

All of this seemed like it would be near career ending anywhere else but it's Quebec so I guess it plays different :shrug:

The Bloc kinda needs Quebec’s festering racism to get and hold power, so of course Blanchet would hem and haw when asked if he thought racism was maybe a bad thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So, a $100 gift card to get your shot, asking unvaxxed to pretty please not socialize, and there's a liquor sale curfew.

Also surgeries are getting postponed.

This is going wonderfully for Alberta isn't it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

apatheticman posted:

I hate it. I don't care if it works, I loving hate the idea that the worst, least responsible people among us are the ones that are going to be paid out by this fuckass government. I hope Jason Kenney steps on a lego barefoot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
First question: why are you bribing people?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

PT6A posted:

I hate it. I don't care if it works, I loving hate the idea that the worst, least responsible people among us are the ones that are going to be paid out by this fuckass government. I hope Jason Kenney steps on a lego barefoot.

But I thought a government exists to support the impoverished, the needy, the vulnerable!!

Also it's gift cards so it's just a handout to business. Can't give people cash or we might not get a cut.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
It's interesting to me that licensed weddings need to respect the vaccine mandate in Manitoba, but there seems to be an exemption for dry weddings. I wonder why that could be...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Rick Bell is imploding on the phone line.

It's rich that he's saying he's taken a low profile because of the federal election. Wasn't the tune he played two years ago.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 3, 2021

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
This Alberta "Not a vaccine passport" vaccine card is sounding more and more like a vaccine passport. They're adding "QR code technology" so that it can be verified.

Too bad it won't be enforced basically anywhere.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

Nanos is pushing the "O'Toole is a political freight train" narrative pretty hard today.

What, is he carrying nothing but tons of baggage?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Duck Rodgers posted:

It's interesting to me that licensed weddings need to respect the vaccine mandate in Manitoba, but there seems to be an exemption for dry weddings. I wonder why that could be...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mePjkQW_c

jk we know

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fuckin stupid rear end poo poo fuckin province

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A coworker is driving to Edmonton for the first time in his life (he's from the Phillipines) and I told him don't you loving take that mask off ANYWHERE while visiting that place.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
PPC apparently polling at 6% in ontario? I'm glad it eats into the right wing vote but that's a bad sign.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Femtosecond posted:

A lot of people in Quebec think tat admitting the existence of systemic racism will mean we admit every single one of us is racist. There are also the ever persecuted group who think we can't be racist because the English population of Canada somehow hate us and are still apparently working on following the recommendation of Lord Durham from the 1830's...

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

mila kunis posted:

PPC apparently polling at 6% in ontario? I'm glad it eats into the right wing vote but that's a bad sign.

Someone in my building has handwritten signs on her window. GOOGLE PPC!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

mila kunis posted:

Not surprised, Ford has a lot of the same issues as Kenny and the other PC premiers where even larger swaths of his base hate him for enforcing COVID measures at all. It'd probably be higher if the PPC had more presence or what candidates they do have wasn't a non-stop parade of freaks and geeks.