Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Would you happen to know what number or episode that is? I'm a lapsed F Plus fan and am looking for a new dumb pod

tokin opposition posted:

I'm interested but I can't find that episode. Mind linking?

https://podcastaboutlist.podbean.com/e/ep-149-with-a-thang/

List starts at 29:20 and before that they just shoot the poo poo like cum town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
oh hey I finally found what stock model they used for Carl Diggler

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

if anyone has bought that i need to know the context

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Goast posted:

if anyone has bought that i need to know the context

My next avatar

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

they have been weirdly fellative of Biden these last 2-3 episodes. I am absolutely not on the Irish Joe train despite Will’s best attempts

yeah I wish they'd pull away from that, he's still gonna be drone bombing there just won't be anyone on the ground, not good!

also wtf was up with the wapo guy? first half was a good rage-listen but the second half was just wtf

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

wapo guy was just replacing virgil

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Shipon posted:

yeah I wish they'd pull away from that, he's still gonna be drone bombing there just won't be anyone on the ground, not good!

also wtf was up with the wapo guy? first half was a good rage-listen but the second half was just wtf

i thought jeff was really informative; his point that throwing spending at the problem when the actual government has been basically whittled down to nothing was something id not considered the full implications of before. like the point about the loving medicare senior benefits taking 5 years to implement lmao

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

they have been weirdly fellative of Biden these last 2-3 episodes. I am absolutely not on the Irish Joe train despite Will’s best attempts

praising joe on foreign policy should mostly be viewed as a slam on every president of the last 30+ years. first to end a losing war in a long time is very faint praise that is none the less true.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah chapo's been fine with biden. it's pretty tongue-in-cheek when they're singing about armalite at the same time and it is fun to clown on the brits

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Matt had a bit about it in a vlog where his point was that Biden doesn't give a poo poo about anybody's opinion because he's well aware hes probably gonna die in the next decade, so he can actually do the one unpopular (among the ruling class) thing he wants to do; but conversely it means he also can't be pressured into anything like debt relief because he thinks that student debt is cool and good and theres nothing you can offer him to change his mind. Plus Brits are basically the one people Americans can legitimately make fun of so we have to take every opportunity we get

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Shipon posted:

Given what Will said at the end of the first segment it sounds like the second segment was recorded first.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah that episode was bad and i did not enjoy it. very odd 50/50 between some (rightly) joyless anger and frustration, vs a very boring guest. first half just sucked all the air out of it.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
the anger in the first part reminded me of the ep right after the trump tax bill passed in terms of just the raw helplessness and anger

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Which recent cumtown episode talks about virgil

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

they should get glenn on to catch up on recent events

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

they don't directly talk about him, nick does an impression that turns into the virgil voice and they pause to laugh about it

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I thought the episode was good. second half was a bit dry, but you gotta eat your vegetables. not sure where I heard it but rent relief not being actually being distributed as well as the infrastructure stuff really paints a picture of the US as a country that can't do anything anymore.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

Ive heard Duncan float the idea of doing a series on the US long depression and gilded age and it was one of the ideas he toyed around with before settling on Revolutions

this is such an unexplored era in popular history, it would be cool to see

but knowing how Duncan can go overboard laying out all the history prior to the events of the podcast kicking off, i think this would turn into a US history podcast

i'm down for it still

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

kind of surprised to see jstein_wapo on the new chapo... will have to listen tomorrow

he's like the only DC reporter that consistently will interview a person on unemployment in an article about benefits ending. When 90% of the media is interviewing employers complaining about a labor shortage, I appreciate the difference.

he's not great, but is still probably one of the more human people working in national media judging by his output.

i thought the interview was alright. I'd zoned out of the legislative BS over the reconciliation and infrastructure bills, so this was a alright recap of recent events.

Wish they got more into the Crypto stuff though. They should have had Coindexter on.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Uncle Wemus posted:

from a month ago, Nick opens with “is Virgil canceled?” and Adam and Stav both mutter like “no no no mmmm Na na” and Nick’s like “ugh fine whatever”

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Shipon posted:

they don't directly talk about him, nick does an impression that turns into the virgil voice and they pause to laugh about it

i thought there was a bit where nick got really annoyed when the other idiots said uh maybe we shoudlnt talk about this. the adam shits himself episode? it was very breif either way. the main cumtown virgil thing is when they bleep out his real name lol

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
he's called virgil texas because he loses interest in you if you're older than nine months

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hey, i didn't know michael brooks and liz franczak did something together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_BntYohA7M

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

crepeface posted:

I thought the episode was good. second half was a bit dry, but you gotta eat your vegetables. not sure where I heard it but rent relief not being actually being distributed as well as the infrastructure stuff really paints a picture of the US as a country that can't do anything anymore.

why fly the pallet of money to the offshore base when you can divvy it up in the warehouse on your own time?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

They're self-aware about it at least (the episode before the most recent one - which I haven't listened to yet - stopped to point out that Joe Biden is still a piece of poo poo). It's a little silly, but I don't really mind praising Biden when he appropriately treats the media like trash.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I remember one scene from Oliver Stone's Nixon that stuck with me when i first saw it as a kid, when the hippie woman calls the deep state a wild beast and yesterday i rewatched the whole thing; the whole three and half hours
there were a lot of moments where I snapped my fingers and pointed at the screen when someone's name came up like Frank Sturgis

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

They're self-aware about it at least (the episode before the most recent one - which I haven't listened to yet - stopped to point out that Joe Biden is still a piece of poo poo). It's a little silly, but I don't really mind praising Biden when he appropriately treats the media like trash.

and it is incredibly funny that Biden has internalized being Irish enough that he’s angering England

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pretty funny that Liz was also watching F1 last weekend, which was literally 4 hours of Belgians in the rain doing the Macarena.

Made for some very prime Sunday napping though.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The most f1 experience there is

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/groypiebaby/status/1433940612022157312?s=20

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
EDIT: it was fake, I was owned

Bust Rodd has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Sep 4, 2021

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

crepeface posted:

hey, i didn't know michael brooks and liz franczak did something together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_BntYohA7M

They did another something too.

https://youtu.be/a7A-b2al6K4

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Bust Rodd posted:

EDIT: it was fake, I was owned

coward

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Ytlaya posted:

he's a career piece of poo poo but getting out of afghanistan was a w and nobody else would have done it especially not bernie sanders. getting england and the blob/media pissed off is just icing on the cake

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Irish Joe will release the 9/11 documents showing the Saudis were behind it all and we get the new war everyone wants.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Paging Xaris. Hell of Presidents? tia for being the MVP of copecasts

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Mr Hootington posted:

Irish Joe will release the 9/11 documents showing the Saudis were behind it all and we get the new war everyone wants.

turns out 9/11 was done by....

the orange order??!!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
if you’re upset that people are praising Biden for getting out of Afghanistan I get it but I know the guy well enough to say pretty confidently that he will gently caress something up massively in the next month or two and we can all get back to safely complaining about him again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

if you’re upset that people are praising Biden for getting out of Afghanistan I get it but I know the guy well enough to say pretty confidently that he will gently caress something up massively in the next month or two and we can all get back to safely complaining about him again

he’s actually kind of totally loving up COVID right now! school openings, no federal mask mandates, no more unemployment, no eviction moratoriums… it’ll be about a half a million more dead before I’ll say he’s doing WORSE than trump, but he’s supposed to have been WAY WAY better, not roughly the same or just as bad.