Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

lmao someone went on an av buying spree again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

500 good dogs posted:

when are we going to get a feedback thread in cspam

I've been thinking about it actually. I'm gonna say vaguely "in the near future" because we just added a couple mods and want them to have a chance to get settled before starting one.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
edit: ^^^ great!

a Loving Dog posted:

right after they free larry

well Son of Thunderbeast said last thursday he was going to make a post about that very issue that very day! i haven't found it yet, though

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Vigilantee Hunter Hunters: A Netflix Original

Hunt the Hunter

this joke sucks lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

make me dnd mod so I can look down my nose and go "N O" like rorschach at every report

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

500 good dogs posted:

edit: ^^^ great!

well Son of Thunderbeast said last thursday he was going to make a post about that very issue that very day! i haven't found it yet, though

the post will arrive on Tuesday

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

the post is part of the reconciliation bill so basically you should assume it already happened and take as many big sips as you want from your beverage of choice

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

the post is part of the reconciliation bill so basically you should assume it already happened and take as many big sips as you want from your beverage of choice

Is piss a beverage

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the last time someone went on an avatar buying spree we got this incredible post

quote:

I mean, it's just offensive. In all seriousness, this is the actual rape of my on-line being. I do not accept this. I did not AND DO NOT give consent for this. I was happy and whole just rockin' along with my FORUMS NOOBIE tag. Forums poster Willa Rogers and their little odious cult gathering took that from me, for nothing more than THE LULZ. And just because they could.

When you think about it, that is completely and utterly hosed up. Seriously, if Forums user Willa Rogers supports and condones these actions, then it should be known that they are just an utterly monstrous, empty, miserable fuckstain. A blight.

Shameful, really.

P.S., to any complicit mods who are just sitting there tapping their ban batons and itching to assert their on-line authority on pOsTiNg AbOuT pOsTeRs, maybe you should take a second and consider what this forced rape avatar actually constitutes.

Not that I expect you to. Oh, well. Meet the new :10bux::10bux:Jeffrey:10bux::10bux: boss, same as the old :10bux::10bux:Lowtax:10bux::10bux: boss.

i hope we get another version

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

lol they're gonna make Leon Trotsky 2012 a mod

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Is piss a beverage

thats at least one thing they'll never be able to take away from us

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I think the moderation in D&D has been pretty alright recently. In the recent past the worst issue with moderators was when one would pick fights with posters, keep them going for pages, and then end them by using their buttons. That was mainly Majorian, and since they've been gone it hasn't been something I've seen much of at all.

I think the main qualities that make for a good mod for this subforum are thoughtfulness, a willingness to foster discussion in a polite manner, and also the savviness to discern when certain posters are only looking to stir up poo poo and drama. I think posters like Raneir Salazar would make for a good moderator. They've impressed me with their level-headedness and willingness to put effort into posting.

e: Leon Trotsky 2012 is another clear choice. Real effort-poster, real level head.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

To be fair it's nothing but bad choices

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it's a honeypot, like cmon

someone post the baby with the pot of water on the stove

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

angry bank lawyer

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

lmao someone went on an av buying spree again

most of them already got flipped back lmao

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

the holocaust denial guy?

:yikes:

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

tmfc posted:

most of them already got flipped back lmao
that's happening a lot more lately. before a year ago having an av flipped back by a mod was almost unheard of unless it was nsfw, and even then it was usually just blanked

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

the holocaust denial guy?

:yikes:
name a poster better-suited to mod d&d

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Nominate me as mod of CSPAM.

I promise to be a kind and fair mod.

I definitely, probably won't just ban+30 every single lib that wanders in here with gifs of tanks, Stalin, Joker, In the Mouth of Madness, Event Horizon and/or Drag Me to Hell.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/mattklewis/status/1433728930968711202?s=20

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I nominate mcmagic

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

because at the end of the day, a win is a win and they still voted for trump. the only 'moderate' republicans in existence are democratic party officials.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Populon posted:

They are currently nominating mods in dnd

lol, they're gonna get rid of the last mod to the left of manchin & make the dem operative a mod instead.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's very hard muster any enthusiasm for continuing to vote for the party that's only selling point is that they will forestall the collapse into fascism. Not prevent it or reverse progress towards that, not even to halt the advance: just slow it. What is the end game here? Another twenty years of half assets delaying action in the hopes that demographics change faster that voter suppression can be implemented?

What does it matter if the democrats win a narrow majority in the federal government if they're unable to marshal those legislators to pass even basic budgets, much less any reform? Why does it matter if unassailable republican controlled state houses just ignore federal law when they feel like it and implement measures to further solidify their advantage? I really just no longer see a path forward that doesn't involve playing legislative hardball to pack courts and reign in state governments, and I can't see the democrats becoming willing to do thy no matter how many times theyre voted in and how big their majorities.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Just wait in 10+ years we'll elect Newsom and then watch out!!

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
ive been busy what has the senile rapist president been up to in the past week

i assume its all only the most correct and best possible of things a confirmed senile rapist like Joe Biden can do

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

that's happening a lot more lately. before a year ago having an av flipped back by a mod was almost unheard of unless it was nsfw, and even then it was usually just blanked

okay, the answer from Athanatos actually turned out pretty incredible:

Athanatos posted:

I click accept on Title Blanks for NSFW poo poo, Doxxing, and slurs.

There have been some things recently that got accepted that were dumb as gently caress to blank. Just because you feel bad is not a blank reason. I told people to knock that off. There is no revert button, it's either blank or nothing for mods.

As for that thread, I spent my hard earned admin salary (lol) on giving back the avatars because a if someone is too afraid to post their opinion in a thread then don't poo poo on people who are willing?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

500 good dogs posted:

okay, the answer from Athanatos actually turned out pretty incredible:

lmao

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Can confirm, I checked the user histories and there's no av blanking or other title-related mod actions on any of those users

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

goon project : bankrupt athanatos

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Excelzior posted:

goon project : bankrupt athanatos

where's that goon who bankrolled the joshua 4 congress gaming keyboard campaign??

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Phone posted:

It's very hard muster any enthusiasm for continuing to vote for the party that's only selling point is that they will forestall the collapse into fascism. Not prevent it or reverse progress towards that, not even to halt the advance: just slow it. What is the end game here? Another twenty years of half assets delaying action in the hopes that demographics change faster that voter suppression can be implemented?

What does it matter if the democrats win a narrow majority in the federal government if they're unable to marshal those legislators to pass even basic budgets, much less any reform? Why does it matter if unassailable republican controlled state houses just ignore federal law when they feel like it and implement measures to further solidify their advantage? I really just no longer see a path forward that doesn't involve playing legislative hardball to pack courts and reign in state governments, and I can't see the democrats becoming willing to do thy no matter how many times theyre voted in and how big their majorities.

Vote

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Phone posted:

Not prevent it or reverse progress towards that, not even to halt the advance: just slow it.

even this is a pretty big ask. the objective of most Dems right now doesn't seem to be to stop or slow or do anything other than collect a few more donor paychecks before the end. domestic Gladio probably has anyone who once had any interest in doing anything terrified of poking their heads up. January 6th, the Gretchen Whitmer kidnapping plot, the constant death threats against AOC and Ilhan Omar, whether you believe these things are real and homegrown or all cooked up by the security state ghouls for control and profit, it's gotta suck to know that if you do try to do anything ten million armed chuds will go to sleep tonight grinding their teeth and muttering your name.

note I'm not expecting anyone to shed any tears for these fuckers, their plan is still to rob you and flee the country.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
I mean it's the exact same problem on the left, ignoring actual on-the-ground policy outcomes in favor of whining about metaphysical ideas about democracy and hand wringing about hypothetical disaster. Lesions of the lawyer brain.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The only thing better than a completely ineffectual mass demonstration is a completely ineffectual mass demonstration during the worst recorded part of the deadliest pandemic in a century

the Floyd protests were last year though

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

lol I have always been somewhat on the fence about to which How are u believes the poo poo he posts vs playing a horrible character to amuse himself/upset others, but nominating the undisputed dumbest poster on this website to be a D&D mod closes the book on that one

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, they're gonna get rid of the last mod to the left of manchin & make the dem operative a mod instead.

be the change you want to see :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1433868837619998739

meanwhile americans are in the majority support of afghanistan's withdrawal