Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

trolley problem but the solution is to put more people on the tracks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Wiltsghost posted:

K-12 has been in session for a few weeks and over 400 people are in quarantine now. This is with pretty strict mask requirements too. Crazy.

psst…schools with strict mask requirement still have lunch (and recess) time.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

why do they assume the economy is crumbling the Number has never been higher???

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Good thing we got rid of the rapist so that things can get better!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

lmao the best thing you could do for teachers is reduce community transmission as far as possible, drat stupid policies

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

I'm not a doctor but taking neurotoxin while a virus sneaks into your brain seems like it could be counterproductive?

kill all the brain cells yourself first and virus starves, bingo bongo

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

That’s the real meaning of herd immunity. We’re fundamentally immune to giving a poo poo.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

nyc sees all the death and destruction going on the south and is reminiscing on better times

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Jon Irenicus posted:

why do they assume the economy is crumbling the Number has never been higher???

Number isn't infinite without blood to grease the gears.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

also the COVID dashboard still hasn't been updated for today's date but it's one less positive than earlier today.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

losing my mind that these people seem to think that "endemic covid" means going "back to normal" and not masks and social distancing for all time

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/dabeard/status/1433760083033223181

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

very mysterious that the live with covid people are also opposed to all measures to live with covid

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

lol someone finally uses equity when they mean equality, rather than the other way around

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

another hypernormal Thing that is happening is the total absence of covid in popular media, whether its reality TV or tv series, even though its pretty obvious masks, covid waves, and boosters are here to stay for the forseeable future.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What information would one have to theoretically make up to get a 3rd shot in California, and pretend it's a first shot?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Louisgod posted:

nyc sees all the death and destruction going on the south and is reminiscing on better times

Democrats believe the science unlike Trump supporting republicans

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

King County last 30 days. 20 fully vaccinated deaths

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Costco did this early pandemic and killed an IT guy

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Saw this running around the internet.

Republicans on covid- "Our Country's Health. My choice."

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

trolley problem but the solution is to put more people on the tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9wL7ReHDc

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zokari posted:

losing my mind that these people seem to think that "endemic covid" means going "back to normal" and not masks and social distancing for all time

They wrote the script months ago and placed all their chips on "vaccines will defeat COVID".

And if COVID wouldn't have mutated past Wild Type and Beta, it would have worked!

They have no Plan B, so instead of admitting defeat to Delta, they're pushing forward with the original plan and silencing those who point out that they lost.

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

Crimson coil is what comes out your butt after taking the ivermwctin so that checks out.

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
lol dragoncon happenin right now

lol got that plexiglass

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Stupid Boxes posted:

lol dragoncon happenin right now

lol got that plexiglass

lol c2e2 is doing the exact same thing

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Atrocious Joe posted:

commentator for the right wing British news channel that just launched. talking about her very real friends.
https://twitter.com/ToniaBuxton/status/1433747010415480835?s=20

idk who this is, but he seems to have info on a vaccine national vaccine database. i love the idea of the government spending money on healthcare though.
https://twitter.com/GregBryk/status/1433440843290005507?s=20

oh cool, seeing this shithead talk about it means I am now sure that talking points were sent out to all the ghouls
https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/1433794300408598538?s=20

I know Miller is incredibly stupid but how do you say the economy is crumbling when the market keeps going up lmfao which is the chud metric for how the economy is doing.

In reality, Miller is upset he can’t get a McFlurry because no one wants to get COVID or die to serve him his happy meal.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

SchrodingersCat posted:

My kids school district opened this week and already has 15 reported COVID cases in 2.5 days of class. :lol::lol:

lmao washington / seattle area?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gio posted:

another hypernormal Thing that is happening is the total absence of covid in popular media, whether its reality TV or tv series, even though its pretty obvious masks, covid waves, and boosters are here to stay for the forseeable future.

Dilbert and Mary Worth wore masks last year lmao

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Gio posted:

Yeah I’m keenly aware of that one. Everybody made a big show of it up front but now it is Over and the only hint that anything happened will be when some support staff accidentally ends up on camera. The waiter still lives in covid world, but the cast does not

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Glumwheels posted:

I know Miller is incredibly stupid but how do you say the economy is crumbling when the market keeps going up lmfao which is the chud metric for how the economy is doing.

In reality, Miller is upset he can’t get a McFlurry because no one wants to get COVID or die to serve him his happy meal.

jorbs report

market was real sad about it until 10am

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/keewa/status/1433767737642344478

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

not to say i WANT to see loving masks in movies lmao, which i guess is illustrative of how awful this reality is and why no one wants to be reminded of it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I want to end covid measures

by doing them until covid is gone

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

I want to end covid measures

by doing them until covid is gone

idk that doesn't really make any sense. why don't we just do them until they begin to have an effect and then give up and rescind them? yeah, that seems better

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the word endemic is magic, if you declare a disease endemic it stops being bad

no one is talking about this

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

redreader posted:

What information would one have to theoretically make up to get a 3rd shot in California, and pretend it's a first shot?

Book on the CVS website as a first dose, uninsured, fake name and birthdate (but remember it since they'll ask you when you arrive), fake everything else - say you don't have ID when you arrive if they ask. Good luck, goon.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

all unmasked individuals are now mandated to wear a rifle butt at all times

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

McNugget Buddy posted:

Book on the CVS website as a first dose, uninsured, fake name and birthdate (but remember it since they'll ask you when you arrive), fake everything else - say you don't have ID when you arrive if they ask. Good luck, goon.

Thank you!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gio posted:

not to say i WANT to see loving masks in movies lmao, which i guess is illustrative of how awful this reality is and why no one wants to be reminded of it.

but the commemorative season of SVU where they wore masks for a few episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

mod sassinator posted:

hahahahahahahaha holy poo poo

HOLY poo poo

if they roll back on the plan... holy poo poo

everyone--go the gently caress out now and max titers it immediately in your 5-6 month window post shot 2. this is unbelievably bad and hosed. the data from israel right now is crystal clear that boosters are cutting transmission again and working. why in the gently caress they would delay this in unbelievable

North Carolina, Virginia, & Florida folks, what's the simplest approach for 3rd doses?

Iirc Walgreen's doesn't push back, just book a spot and go?

CVS and other pharmacies may require lying about which dose you're getting plus fake name and/or insurance?

Concerned my extended fam will get the rug pulled out from under them if FDA pressures Biden intk a rollback on booster planning.