Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Kunabomber posted:

lol

son's PCR test came back, and it's negative

daughter's rapid test was negative

wife's rapid test was positive

son and wife are still coughing, sneezing, snot coming out

:confused:

other viruses still exist. what part of the country are you in? RSV is all over the place too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Yeah, RSV is pretty rampant around here. To add to the confusion, there was a positive covid case in our son's room in daycare so they shut it down for 2 weeks :lol:

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Good thinking. This committee is really getting things done. Time for a juul break.

The elimination of Mango juul pods was the worst thing the Trump led government did to this country. Infinite boosters and the return of flavored juul pods now. I need freedoms. Open Biden

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

mod sassinator posted:

india continues to keep growing in cases

ooph, this is seriously the most worrying news to me right now... out of all the extremely worrying poo poo going on. if they go into a full scale surge again, wow... natural immunity ain't worth poo poo

dude, i've been thinking about that. with the more detailed titer tracking from the booster studies, and the reports of people getting infected with covid 2 or 3 times. it really seems like after an immune response to a booster or infection, there's a limited window of increased antibodies that can prevent reinfection, and after some point (~4-6 months for normal immune systems?) that fades enough that the immune system can't respond well enough to prevent another infection. it could be that short term in-blood anitbody response mentioned in a study, but the immune system is way too loving complicated for me to offer more reasons to why this is happening.

if india gets slammed by delta again, then it means even if we could magically stop all covid from mutating, it would still be a permanent, reoccurring infection for anywhere that hasn't bubbled itself away from the rest of the world.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Homer's reminder card but it's fauci instead of bart

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

jetz0r posted:

dude, i've been thinking about that. with the more detailed titer tracking from the booster studies, and the reports of people getting infected with covid 2 or 3 times. it really seems like after an immune response to a booster or infection, there's a limited window of increased antibodies that can prevent reinfection, and after some point (~4-6 months for normal immune systems?) that fades enough that the immune system can't respond well enough to prevent another infection. it could be that short term in-blood anitbody response mentioned in a study, but the immune system is way too loving complicated for me to offer more reasons to why this is happening.

if india gets slammed by delta again, then it means even if we could magically stop all covid from mutating, it would still be a permanent, reoccurring infection for anywhere that hasn't bubbled itself away from the rest of the world.

yeah that's why we have to learn to live with it

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Sloving covid very much
Thank you!

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Currently being eaten alive by tigers "we need to learn to live with the tigers"

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

AppleNippleBOB posted:

Woke up this morning feeling a little off, took a shower, and realized that my heart was racing. I checked, and I was rocking 120 bpm. My normal resting rate is 60-70.

All day it's been spiking with virtually any physical exertion. So I've spent most of today between 110 and 130bpm.

Very loving cool

this has been happening to a friend of mine who is a grad student resident who cares for undergrads. i was wondering if it was maybe a moderna side effect...

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Google Butt posted:

yeah that's why we have to learn to live with it

Universal masking, frequent lockdowns, mandatory vaccines?

No just letting the blood flow, got it

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Substandard posted:

The elimination of Mango juul pods was the worst thing the Trump led government did to this country. Infinite boosters and the return of flavored juul pods now. I need freedoms. Open Biden

I like the conspiracy theory that covid was killing people in the US long before China and we banned vaping cause of it

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

cr0y posted:

Why in the hell would they back off boosters

Didn't Biden preempt the CDC with his booster announcement? Bureaucratic turf wars?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

kalensc posted:

North Carolina, Virginia, & Florida folks, what's the simplest approach for 3rd doses?

Iirc Walgreen's doesn't push back, just book a spot and go?

CVS and other pharmacies may require lying about which dose you're getting plus fake name and/or insurance?

Concerned my extended fam will get the rug pulled out from under them if FDA pressures Biden intk a rollback on booster planning.

Por favor, can anyone confirm if I have the basics right for which pharma is laissez-faire and which is a bit more of a "Max Titers" situation?

Tried going back to find the post where someone said managers from on high at X said "don't question the 3rd dose request" but drat there's content.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Petey posted:

this has been happening to a friend of mine who is a grad student resident who cares for undergrads. i was wondering if it was maybe a moderna side effect...

That poor guy just had covid, heart may be covidmogged.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

how are everyone's side effects from the third dose?

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Petey posted:

I've been having heart rate spikes and chest tightness and my Moderna booster was a couple weeks ago, so it's been fun trying to figure if it's heart damage, acid reflux, or anxiety

Fortunately it's been lessening but at least if it's serious there will be plenty of hospital space for me

wait what

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Strep Vote posted:

That poor guy just had covid, heart may be covidmogged.

lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

kreeningsons posted:

Pfizer laid me out for a couple of days with fatigue and some vomiting. I'm fine now.

Zoodpipe
Jun 24, 2004

This is an important call. So, shut the fuck up.
Fallen Rib

kreeningsons posted:

Went Pfizer to Moderna for third dose. no effects other than a sore arm for around two days. I got that shot two weeks ago

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

just had a conversation with one of my oldest friends I’m probably no longer friends with (or it will just fade away).

he has a prior heart condition, but is fully vaxxed. we haven’t talked in probably two months and while we had plans this summer to hang out with one other friend he bailed on them last second because he was too busy writing his first novel. I asked him about COVID protocols and he’s like (of course I’m wearing a mask it’s a state mandate.) I asked about his weekly basketball games and he replied “oh yeah, just played last night 7 on 7 outside no masks it was great broke some ankles”.

If I bring up anything about the world he’s clearly not interested. “The summers been great and the vibes are good.”

i just… sure. don’t want to be a mood killer.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
my respirator experience so far has been three people complimenting it and a fourth saying "now that's a mask!" which was said affably but could have just been a neutral statement of surprise. if anyone's mean-mugged me, I'm too autistic to notice. and that's their fault for not clearly expressing their disdain

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

kreeningsons posted:

I'm doing pretty well, but I'm so magnetic now that there are metal objects flying at me anytime I get within about 3 feet. I just need to learn to control it.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

what kind of monsters play 7 on 7 basketball

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

kreeningsons posted:

got my second second pfizer dose an hour ago. was really anxious because i had three days of the worst reactions for the previous vaccinations. fingers crossed

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

kalensc posted:

North Carolina, Virginia, & Florida folks, what's the simplest approach for 3rd doses?

Iirc Walgreen's doesn't push back, just book a spot and go?

CVS and other pharmacies may require lying about which dose you're getting plus fake name and/or insurance?

Concerned my extended fam will get the rug pulled out from under them if FDA pressures Biden intk a rollback on booster planning.

State gov/DoH sites are pfizer and walk up

The private pharmacies dont seem to have linked up their databases

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
two weeks out from a third dose and I am stronger than ever and am ready to gently caress and suck for eternity

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

double negative posted:

what kind of monsters play 7 on 7 basketball

poo poo I meant 4 on 4

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

SchrodingersCat posted:

Went to three different USPS offices today and they were all closed due to "insufficient staff". Friends can't get an ultrasound on their baby until almost the third trimester. Went to a local metro park today and it was completely unstaffed. Went into a library to pick up a hold and there was one person on staff.

Society low-key collapsing and not a peep in the mainstream media.

lmao, yep

the west coast is burning down, cites are flooding, the country is collapsing under a pandemic, but the most important story for the news media is that we withdrew from afghanistan.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

kreeningsons posted:

Bad hangover mixed with the flu for two days with Pfizer for me.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
A kid told my kindergartener today that Santa isn't real. I'm sending my kid with instructions to tell that kid that his cloth mask is ineffective and he and his parents will die of covid due to it

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

LionArcher posted:

poo poo I meant 4 on 4

Understandable, they're right next to each other on the keyboard!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

kreeningsons posted:

Lots of aches and pains, fatigue. Worse than first two but for those I had time to nap and a day off, for this I just worked through it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stupid Boxes posted:

two weeks out from a third dose and I am stronger than ever and am ready to gently caress and suck for the next three months

FTFY

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's going to be a confusing and contradictory mess with multiple agencies backtracking and issuing retractions to statements.

Joe's government is really, really not handling this well in a way that should be genuinely very concerning for those who are dependent on a stable and predictable US state. It's one thing to be bad at what you're doing, the dangerous thing for a government to be is indecisive and confused.

we're in good hands in the biden administration, thankfully

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

cenotaph posted:

For whoever was asking, I had a run in with a chud at the grocery store while wearing my respirator. He was talking to a couple about how covid was no big deal deal and his friend in Florida got it and checked into a hotel for three days while taking hydrowhateverthefuck. I had to walk between them and he did a double take and made some kind of "case in point" remark and scoffed.

Usually I'm terrified of confrontation but a year and a half of everyone thinking it's OK for vulnerable people to die has broken me in some fundamental manner. I turned around and loudly told him that I was Immunocompromised and I could die from the flu (he said "I hope you don't!) and that I had no idea if the vaccine worked for me, and that he could keep doing whatever he wanted but to not judge other people for being careful. All three looked pretty abashed (even lowered their eyes to the floor) when I told them Florida was running out of oxygen and might have to boil their water.

I left them and kept shopping with no further incident. Normally I get really neurotic and keep replaying stuff in my head but I felt pretty good about blowing up at someone lol. I'm not a loving statistic I'm a goddamn human being and I'm not going to let some assholes laugh at me because he doesn't give a gently caress about the Immunocompromised or otherwise vulnerable people in this world.

Like maybe don't gently caress with the guy who's comfortable wearing a respirator in public.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

A kid told my kindergartener today that Santa isn't real. I'm sending my kid with instructions to tell that kid that his cloth mask is ineffective and he and his parents will die of covid due to it

Now that's how you weaponize a pandemic

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26 (order hosed up toward the end. might fix tomorrow)
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

covidactnow.org

Only parts of MN that are holding out are deep blue cities and die-hard Union territory in the arrowhead. The rest of the state is hosed depending on how many chuds per square mile live there.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Kunabomber posted:

lol

son's PCR test came back, and it's negative

daughter's rapid test was negative

wife's rapid test was positive

son and wife are still coughing, sneezing, snot coming out

:confused:

Remember, they purposely are mis-testing leading to a greater number of false-negatives, they are supposed to amplify viral replication by 4x but they changed it to 3x because of conservatives in the news wanting more negative tests for positive cases.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Tjadeth posted:

my respirator experience so far has been three people complimenting it and a fourth saying "now that's a mask!" which was said affably but could have just been a neutral statement of surprise. if anyone's mean-mugged me, I'm too autistic to notice. and that's their fault for not clearly expressing their disdain

I was wearing a full face in Costco in CA. There was a huge guy there who was wearing a mask but looked really really annoyed to see me, like I was someone who bugs him every day and he's had enough of my poo poo, that kind of look. There was a middle aged lady who caught my eye and gave me a double thumbs up. There were a LOT of people who conspicuously walked around me like I was going to make them sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

redreader posted:

There were a LOT of people who conspicuously walked around me like I was going to make them sick.

This is what I want.