Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

empty whippet box posted:

trainer at my (wfh) job just asked everyone in my training group(it's day 2 so we're doing this type of poo poo) what everyone is doing for their labor day weekend. "my son has a big football game tomorrow" "going to a barbecue" "going to a party"...comes to me and I said "I'm staying inside, because there is a plague killing thousands of people every day." it got awkward for a sec and they moved on without responding. don't ask me stupid questions

my CEO asked me today when im doing over labor day and im like "im gonna be gardening alone"

he looked very concerned.

WHY WONT YOU OPEN BIDEN

He wanted to meet me at work to have a 30 minute chat and I insisted on zoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

IT WAS THE HORSE PASTE

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

BONGHITZ posted:

IT WAS THE HORSE PASTE

certainly wasn’t the monoclonal antibodies

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Judakel posted:

can't you just say you're undocumented if they ask you for a social security number?

it was actually only last 4, so i just snap said some numbers to keep the process moving.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

redreader posted:

There were a LOT of people who conspicuously walked around me like I was going to make them sick.

lmao, yep. no one wants to get close to the respirator wearer. it's great.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
football is so god drat boring

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

i'm so loving tired of everyone acting like i'm the crazy one for taking a once-in-a-century pandemic event seriously and i'm starting to believe it.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Forseti posted:

:rip: my parents who are there.

Or maybe not, they've sure been making me look stupid by going on an Iceland cruise, visiting my sister in Charleston, SC for about a week, going to two concerts, and just recently a week in upstate NY. They have an Eastern European cruise booked that they leave for in a couple weeks.

So far they haven't died or had symptoms so I'm starting to think it is me who is the loving idiot here. They got pfizzed back in March but are both about 70 and my Dad had congestive heart failure a few years back.

:tif:

This was my parents also until my cousin died of covid (2nd infection). They kind of slowed down after that.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Feldegast42 posted:

We aren't hitting 4.2M by christmas but for sure we are gonna be over 1M (admitted) deaths by the end of the year, with probably 1.5M total deaths if you take in account how all the states have been massively underreporting their deaths

https://i.imgur.com/d07I6tT.mp4

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This was my parents also until my cousin died of covid (2nd infection). They kind of slowed down after that.

Mine are leaving for an Airstream Festival in Ohio this weekend \o/

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gravybong posted:

some of those that work forces
want the paste that’s for horses

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

nexous posted:

certainly wasn’t the monoclonal antibodies

I wish I was powerful enough that both me and everyone I interact with was tested on a daily basis and pumped full of monoclonal antibodies the day of a positive test. Then I could be like other rich and powerful people and not give a gently caress about COVID.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The schools here are required to collect vaccination statistics, please look at the extremely mangled way they have managed to phrase the question:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Rubby posted:

lol. just lmao. I don't know who this is even for other than you but you told me to MAKE THE THING and internet law demands THING MADE

also Threadless marketing has been drowning me in emails saying I am missing out on retirement boat money by not doing a DOUBLE SIDED DESIGN so who am I, a certified donkey brained moron to doubt the marketing department?

I am a HackerRespirator Crew and this is my.. manifesto

YOU CAN BUY THIS ENTIRELY UNNECESSARY THING HERE: :pcgaming:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/no-one-will-save-you/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front-back&color=black:pcgaming:

or don't. probably don't, actually. this poo poo has been run into the ground already

BONGHITZ fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 3, 2021

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

the respirator shirt is good

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

100 degrees Calcium posted:

i'm so loving tired of everyone acting like i'm the crazy one for taking a once-in-a-century pandemic event seriously and i'm starting to believe it.

humans are essentially insane and evil primates overcome with desire which complicates the poo poo out of everything

americanism is the material extreme of having your desires instantly fufilled with the pretense of no struggle, it outrights denies in basic humanity, humility, and gratitude for the simplest pleasures of life so you aren't crazy, everyone else literally is a psychopath consumer cowed by fear and anxiety which forces them to desire even harder. They put up masks and armors and keep denying and denying, willing this consumer based society forward at great suffering.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I feel like I just watched a scene from fury road 3 enter the sickodome

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

:stare:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Penisaurus Sex posted:

It's going to be a confusing and contradictory mess with multiple agencies backtracking and issuing retractions to statements.

Joe's government is really, really not handling this well in a way that should be genuinely very concerning for those who are dependent on a stable and predictable US state. It's one thing to be bad at what you're doing, the dangerous thing for a government to be is indecisive and confused.

Business Gorillas posted:

we're in good hands in the biden administration, thankfully

biden's vp selection taking months and months longer than it should have and them very obviously floating trial balloons for multiple candidates to the press in the form of anonymous sources close to the campaign saying that a new frontrunner had emerged (bass, whitmer, rice, klobb, and warren to name a few) then panicking and changing their mind a week later was the perfect presaging for how his admin would handle a lot of other problems with tons of indecisiveness and dithering

which by the way makes the apparent real commitment to the afghanistan withdrawal despite the media and the blob trying to crucify him for it even more baffling

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

we are all a part of unfettered spread of a highly contagious disease. you all should feel privileged

oh good another code blue here in the icu. add another one to the pile of bodies

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Remember, they purposely are mis-testing leading to a greater number of false-negatives, they are supposed to amplify viral replication by 4x but they changed it to 3x because of conservatives in the news wanting more negative tests for positive cases.

Do you have a source for this information? I completely believe you, I just want to be able to convince other people.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
like I’m not going to say the ‘r’ word (either of them) but if you want to get off at the next exit the government has to decide on a message and plan and stick to it. even if it’s “Covid’s over good Sunday morning”

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ArmZ posted:

lol acc football just lmao

lmao imagine catching covid to see acc football

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

i dont know how to not go completely insane over this poo poo

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Rubby shirt came in gently caress yeah

edit: I just realized my hair matches the purple on the filters lmao

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 4, 2021

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Der Meister posted:

we are all a part of unfettered spread of a highly contagious disease. you all should feel privileged

oh good another code blue here in the icu. add another one to the pile of bodies

cordon bleu?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/CMOH_Alberta/status/1433900376751706114?s=20
https://twitter.com/CMOH_Alberta/status/1433900380153286662?s=20

quote:

Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. Account run by staff, providing public health updates on COVID-19. Essential info: http://alberta.ca/COVID19

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i dont know how to not go completely insane over this poo poo

just death, loving death orgy set to loving metallica, absolute loving metal

I will never be able to listen to sandman the same again holy poo poo

also lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDLW6EV3B4

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pamela Springstein posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/wrestlesplania/status/1433817034945597467

idk maybe dont go if you need to get tested immediately after?

There's a bunch of wrestling shows in Chicago this weekend, headlined by CM Punk's return for AEW

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Koirhor posted:

cordon bleu?

ok and you get two sides with that but hurry up half the cooks got covid yesterday so we are short staffed

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

100 degrees Calcium posted:

what was that saying about mental illness just being society making the individual responsible for it's own collective flaws

living and being coherent requires being crazy, it's just a question of if your flavor if it is 24/7 crack pinging or just hardcore "don't trust your lying eyes" denial of actual reality in favor of a more comfortable one

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/SquawkCNBC/status/1433766725984608295?s=20

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

a student asked me what I was doing for the holiday weekend and I fumbled so hard trying to not look insane. sorry, kid.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shear Modulus posted:

lmao imagine catching covid to see acc football

some people are going to literally die from watching a dumbass college football game

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I need a shirt that says "COVID is over" to wear with the half mask. Maybe with some palm trees and poo poo.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
me, delivering euology at father's funeral: my dad died doing what he loves best: watching a bunch of young boys barely out of high school pound each other

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Petey posted:

this has been happening to a friend of mine who is a grad student resident who cares for undergrads. i was wondering if it was maybe a moderna side effect...

I'm got the phizer slut juice

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Crazypoops posted:

just death, loving death orgy set to loving metallica, absolute loving metal

I will never be able to listen to sandman the same again holy poo poo

also lmao https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDLW6EV3B4

i lost the majority of my family to covid so im not death thirsty even for "the chuds" or whatever. its just exhausting lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!