Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

aaaaaaaaaa

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bold to commit to a thousand episode run on Netflix.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
If you zoom in on the picture you'll see that they recreated the One Piece logo but with photo realistic bones.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
hey my name is Michael Dickson Luffy, but all my friends call me Monkey. I was just a normal american kid, helping out on my dad's fishing boat, until I found this weird fruit...

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Gripweed posted:

If you zoom in on the picture you'll see that they recreated the One Piece logo but with photo realistic bones.

oh no

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Gripweed posted:

the actual one piece, trapped in the real world

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

grate deceiver posted:

wait, I thought the piss loli was the one bad one?

i think duranki was the last thing he made outside of berserk, and iirc most of the discussion around that can be summarized as 'this is kind of weird kentaro'

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I wanna believe...

quote:

“I told Oda, ‘One of the great things about One Piece is it’s really a story about how everybody has tragedy, pain, sadness in their life, but it’s not what defines you. What defines you is how you use that to motivate your future, and that no one has to do it alone. No one has to be alone. When you find those people around you who motivate you, lift you up, and help you, that’s the greatest power in this world. And that is the story I want to put out into the world. So I know that One Piece means a lot to you, Oda. It means a lot to me, because I honestly think that One Piece saved my life.’ He looked me in the eye, and he held his hand out across the table and said, ‘I have 100% faith in you now,’”

Casey Finnigan posted:

hey my name is Michael Dickson Luffy, but all my friends call me Monkey. I was just a normal american kid, helping out on my dad's fishing boat, until I found this weird fruit...

My favorite OP fan theory is that Luffy knows what the D. stands for, but nobody has ever asked him.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
live action one piece is gonna be just that icelandic climate plaque lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Gripweed posted:

One Piece Remaster

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I unironically hope the movie attempts to cover everything up to Water 7.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

one piss

Netflix doesn’t even have all of One Piece on it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

id laugh at the one piece fans suffering but im a gundam fan :smith:

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Stairmaster posted:

Wait are they making a lovely American Gundam show?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They'll never wash away the stain of G-Saviour.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gripweed posted:

omg lol

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Timothee Chalamet as Rufi
Vin Diesel as Zolo
Scarlett Johansson as Naomi
Paul Giamatti as Usopp
Dev Patel as Sanjay
Sandra Bullock as Robin
Jim Carrey as Frankie
Andy Serkis as Brooke

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

christmas boots posted:

Timothee Chalamet as Rufi
Vin Diesel as Zolo
Scarlett Johansson as Naomi
Paul Giamatti as Usopp
Dev Patel as Sanjay
Sandra Bullock as Robin
Jim Carrey as Frankie
Andy Serkis as Brooke

Danny Devito is the reindeer

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I knew I forgot someone. And yes.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Stairmaster posted:

There's lots of Gundam already, mostly good but some bad. If the Netflix movie is bad, big deal, just throw it on the pile with Igloo and Build Fighters Try.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol someone is a blame fan then

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPPlW_sLoXM

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Casey Finnigan posted:

Hey there, I'm Mikey D. Luffy. 400 years ago, the Evil Empire of Alabarna executed my grandfather King Gold "Dragon" Roger. And now my friends and I are on a quest to sail and win the Grand Prix so I can reclaim my birthright as the king of One Piece.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

I'm gay actor Michael D Luffy

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm Monkey Da Luffy, and those cheesehead marines executed my dad Gol Da Roger. Now let's get some deepdish and be pirates on da lake.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
lol over this past hour or two I've built up this image in my head of Paul Gimatti playing a very serious Usopp whose lies and cowardice are played for drama instead of comedy and it's the worst/best part of this whole thing to me.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Communist Thoughts posted:

lol someone is a blame fan then

Blame! rocks.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

:hai:

Also, the correct pronunciation of “Blame!” requires a Gilbert Gottfried voice and I will not be convinced otherwise.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Well, I finished the Rebuild movies and I have no idea what someone who hadn't gotten his mind blown by the original series twenty years ago would make of them. Even now I mostly feel a sense of dislocation. What's next? GRRM finishing his books?
I'm both too tired and too drunk to really have coherent thoughts, but I liked that the end state was to finally allow them to grow up. I guess that has a lot of meta levels to it, but whatever. Not quite sure about the last shot of Shinji happily wearing the business burka and going to work. Sure, Eva doesn't really want to talk a lot about society on a larger scale than the family, but somehow the idea of the world ending and being recreated, but people still putting on a suit and going to work feels pretty deflating.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Put on the goddamn suit, Shinji.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

:yeah:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Shinji, you must file the time sheets.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Read the loving memo about the TPS report cover sheets, Shinji.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
This time, mankind will use its own power to bring the apocalypse, and there's poo poo all you can do about it.

Anno may just be fundamentally too old to really get that part of why his work resonated was that there being giant robots, cool space god magic, and a chance at agency is the fantasy part for many of us because the world ending thing is happening and we can do gently caress all, and it's also boring.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Get in the meeting, Shinji.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
we all know where this is going

get in your hole, shinji

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hodgepodge posted:

we all know where this is going

get in your hole, shinji

The Eva of Asuka Langley Fault

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Cuck Philosophy video about the Nietzchean philosophy of Berserk is actually really good, even for an hour long youtube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Put on the goddamn suit, Shinji.