Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Augus posted:

WONDER WOMAN SUCKED ME OFF??

edit: god dammit

WOKE WONDER WOMAN CRINGE NIGHTMARE (PLUS BRIE LARSON NEWS)

I now have $100k in chud money in my bank account and I didn’t even make a video, that’s how powerful the grift market is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

Go pure SEO and say “Wonder Woman Explained”

nah thats old SEO it has to be "The Wonder Woman Iceberg EXPLAINED" now

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The secret history of Wonder Woman!

*proceeds to read WW wikipedia page*

Like, comment and subscribe for more secrets!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Reading a wiki isn’t a YouTube video

A podcast? Now your cooking

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I will forever hold on to my very good idea of a podcast where each episode is on a niche Wikipedia page, but only one host researches it, and is allowed to just add falsehoods whenever they like. The episode ends when one of the other hosts correctly identifies a falsehood.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Violen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDvrV337VgE

its funny i can sit dormant on some of the less viral drawings for this series for decades and then have them reintroduced to my eyes for a split-second and have all the surrounding details of the attached stories come rushing back

i think gammell's work for these is unironically my favorite horror art outside of ito or beksinski

and all those books had even more illustrations on the title pages, back pages, etc

i think the only parts that didn't have stringy nightmare art doodled in the margins were the indices

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Someone isn't familiar with true crime Youtube!!

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
More content about the bad game that's bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmO4J8vf4s4

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I will forever hold on to my very good idea of a podcast where each episode is on a niche Wikipedia page, but only one host researches it, and is allowed to just add falsehoods whenever they like. The episode ends when one of the other hosts correctly identifies a falsehood.

You've described the inverse of the radio 4 panel show The Unbelievable Truth

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Unbelievable_Truth_(radio_show)

I think your version would probably be more entertaining though.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Thanks for all the help friends :911:

Samovar posted:

This may be a dumb suggestion, but maybe 'The Epic of Wonder Woman'? Ties into the whole Greek legend and includes the word 'epic' so that must surely drive content recognition.
I actually kinda like this. I think whichever one I go with, I'll toss in the word "epic" somehow.

fun hater posted:

"wonder woman sucked me off?!" and then the video has no sexual content (outside of brief mentions of the origins) whatsoever
:hmmyes:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

That's pretty close to Citation Needed, but without the lie detector-y aspect. Pick a topic, read a single article about it on Wikipedia and pretend they're experts (because this is the internet, and that's how it works now).

Quite good, often funny. Like to listen to it while working. Would recommend.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its because its so generic and boring and safe. like you have volition making a GI-joe parody and you could do anything with it. and instead its just "idk teleportation bullshit" also bullet sponges and dead open world. like none of the characters are interesting or compelling and the world building is all over the place. its weird because i usually like small letter aaa games/AA games alot but like agents had nothing going outside some art design stuff and even that was kinda eh.

I liked a lot of the designs, but the problem was they made the squad with the least interesting ones (and in the case of Hollywood, the worst character in the game, period) front and center and made you start the game with them. Total miscalculation.

Related to your point, that team was the most direct and ultimately surface level "what if GI Joe but naughty" and then all of the other characters are different shades of out-and-out superhero (or action movie protagonist, but same thing really) instead.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
https://youtu.be/Gg4WyuKM3xM

Mildred Thoughtslime is out here skateboarding, in public

like a hussy

(it's a p good video about adhd if you don't know much about adhd you should watch it! I'm newly diagnosed but this seems... p accurate)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

tom scott is that you?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Zetsubou-san posted:

tom scott is that you?

I'm posting on a dead comedy forum where every single moderator has been implicated in at least one pedophilia scandal

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

John Murdoch posted:

I liked a lot of the designs, but the problem was they made the squad with the least interesting ones (and in the case of Hollywood, the worst character in the game, period) front and center and made you start the game with them. Total miscalculation.

Related to your point, that team was the most direct and ultimately surface level "what if GI Joe but naughty" and then all of the other characters are different shades of out-and-out superhero (or action movie protagonist, but same thing really) instead.

yeah. none of the characters had any depth outside like 4 of them and even then it was basic poo poo. i like immature hosed up with some heart or some genuinly clever humor, i will sing praises for weird internet poo poo like viziepop and meatcanyon and poo poo by zach hendel. but like agents didnt never was clever outside a couple missions. its was just "gi joe but they say the gently caress word and make some sex jokes", thats not a bad thing and in the right hands it could be great. i did like some of the agent designs but they never DID anything with them. make me give a poo poo or laugh.

Solitair posted:

More content about the bad game that's bad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmO4J8vf4s4

yeah, i kinda called that one the second i saw the reveal trailer. another "deep" indie game that puts its twists above actual story telling or characters.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Gaming Historian does a video on the U-Force, another NES accessory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVszKSeSE-0

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

So basically, "The unbelievable truth"?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

egg tats posted:

https://youtu.be/Gg4WyuKM3xM

Mildred Thoughtslime is out here skateboarding, in public

like a hussy

(it's a p good video about adhd if you don't know much about adhd you should watch it! I'm newly diagnosed but this seems... p accurate)

I also am newly diagnosed and this video made me both happy and sad. Took 42 years to figure out what was wrong and it turns out it's not just that I'm lazy or weak-willed or don't care enough to remember things. Wheeee.

The number of times I was told "If it mattered to you, you would have remembered it".

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

BrianWilly posted:

Thanks for all the help friends :911:
I want to be at least as unhelpful as the other people so I'd like to recommend you look at other youtubers for thumbnail style inspiration. A good thumbnail is at least as important as a good title.

For example:

Tokit posted:

[snipped for brevity, jfc – AG]

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
That classic Razer announcement post but in Youtube thumbnail form.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Supposedly the WOOOOAAAHHHHHH DDEEEWWWWDDDD thumbnail faces are almost all thanks to engagement with kids, the literal babies and small children that get given an ipad to keep busy with see BIG FUNNY EXAGGERATED FACE and mash that video, while it seems like most anyone else has uniformly come to find them obnoxious and terrible.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my least favorite aspect of that is how a lot of channels first started doing the "[X] SUCKED ME OFF????"-style of stupid clickbait parody video titling and then started to ACTUALLY use that type of video titling

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Well, it could be worse:

And IMO this is a good video and a great subversion:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Antigravitas posted:

Well, it could be worse:

Lowtax looking rough

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yardbomb posted:

Lowtax looking rough

I literally couldn't tell whether that was him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

lmao I was making a joke and it turns out, that really is him now.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yardbomb posted:

This is what he's doing now? God, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Just kidding, he deserves much worse and it brings me great joy that this is what he has been reduced to. Enjoy your 818 views you awful fucker.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
12 minutes is spectacularly bad. it has no point holding it together. it has a gimmick and a "twist" but the twist doesn't mean anything to you, the player because you don't know, care or empathize with these people. they don't evolve beyond being dollhouse figures you're smashing together in the hopes of generating a different result. but what tips it over to funny bad is that the game did not anticipate that the player would engage in anti-social behavior.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1430045563643473961

this is from voidbugers playthrough with i enjoyed very much

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Yardbomb posted:

holy poo poo i thought you were joking too and i thought "ahah i thought that as well". i need to sit down

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yardbomb posted:

JEFFREY OF YOSPOS SUCKED ME OFF??

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Speaking of washed up grifters, Peter Coffin is now a horse dewormer grifter now

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1433944169463091204

hahahaha

bonus:

https://twitter.com/petercoffin/status/1434117932490141705

:pwn:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
That’s literally the wrongest possible thing to say.

Left can and has meant a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but the historical Badis for the term is literally the opposite of that.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's a bit, not a good bit but I'm sure he thinks he's being funny.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yardbomb posted:

Huh. I'm not sure what the Lowtax in my head looked like when I thought of him (which not often, save for that one time I thought he was going to vomit his spine out so I upgraded to a real account to help out which one has mixed feelings on NOW, certainly) but that's not it.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
by this point i believe coffin buys everything that comes out of their mouth and if they dont they will in a week

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

fun hater posted:

12 minutes is spectacularly bad. it has no point holding it together. it has a gimmick and a "twist" but the twist doesn't mean anything to you, the player because you don't know, care or empathize with these people. they don't evolve beyond being dollhouse figures you're smashing together in the hopes of generating a different result. but what tips it over to funny bad is that the game did not anticipate that the player would engage in anti-social behavior.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1430045563643473961

this is from voidbugers playthrough with i enjoyed very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9bFb3kpKeM

getting big heavy juice vibes

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

It's very telling about peter coffin's work that I honestly cannot tell if that tweet is a bit, a blatant misunderstanding of history and how terms evolve or just a "blegh these people I don't like totally aren't on the good side like me stop associating me with them" thing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dawgstar posted:

Huh. I'm not sure what the Lowtax in my head looked like when I thought of him (which not often, save for that one time I thought he was going to vomit his spine out so I upgraded to a real account to help out which one has mixed feelings on NOW, certainly) but that's not it.

The beard is a later development, but he's pretty much always had that tight curly haircut his entire life lol, that's honestly what first made me go "That's a Lowtax" and then realize "NO WAIT THAT'S ACTUALLY HIM THOUGH"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

fun hater posted:

i got the feeling i wouldn't enjoy this game basically as soon as i heard of it, and nothing i've seen or heard about it since have changed that. on the contrary, the more i see of it the more i get annoyed by this game lol

between the incest, the vapid "high-concept" chin-rubbing loving void of a story that's been hastily plugged by "shocking" twists and the compulsion to have nothing less than A-list Hollywood actors doing the voices, 12 Minutes seems to just tick every single box in the list of lovely "This Videogame Is Art, Actually" elements