Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Feste posted:

I saw some article whose headline was set up as “Which states have the new Mu variant” and the answer was all but 3 (Nebraska, Vermont, South Dakota).

Are any of the variant trackers updated with Mu or is it just getting so handily out-competed like Lambda that it’s barely even a blip? (Or is US variant tracking so poor that it’d need to be really spreading quickly to even get recognized)
mu is on there, it's just not labeled as mu yet. it's B.1.621, and it's still very small

Milosh posted:

my wife miscarried last night. gently caress 2021.
my condolences; I'm sorry to hear that :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Milosh posted:

i am so sorry 😞

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://komonews.com/news/local/providence-to-use-temporary-morgues-at-two-hospitals-as-covid-deaths-surge

Providence to use temporary morgues at two hospitals as COVID deaths surge

quote:

PORTLAND, Ore. — Two more Oregon hospitals have installed mobile morgues because they don't have enough room for the dead as the number of COVID deaths surge.

Both Providence Portland and Providence St. Vincent are bringing in trucks to hold bodies as funeral homes try to catch up.

Right now, Oregon is averaging between 20 and 40 COVID-19 deaths every day -- that's on the level of last winter.

FRIDAY'S DATA: Oregon reports 2,379 new coronavirus cases, 24 new deaths
Providence says hospital morgues can only hold 10 people or less.

With the recent surge in COVID deaths, they needed more space to hold the bodies.

Providence says the hospital chaplain will bless each unit before it's put into service.

The hospital also says these facilities are sacred spaces and that victims deserve the same compassionate care as someone held inside the hospital.

“It’s very important to us in our mission that we maintain that this is a sacred space,” said Jennifer Gentry, chief nursing officer for Providence in Oregon. “This is really a space to be respected and honored as we help our decedents transition.”

RELATED: 84% of Oregon's recent COVID cases in unvaccinated, health officials say
Providence says Portland and St. Vincent are the only two locations that will get these trucks.

Exactly one week ago, Tillamook County ordered a refrigerated truck from the state to deal with its surge of deaths.

Seems like this are gettin p bad

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
thanks goons.

we shall get max titered and try again.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

SplitSoul posted:

Once again I'm not sure what's going on here. We had 438 PCR positives today, positivity rate of 0,83%. I'd expect a higher rate if it was just due to undertesting. 72% are fully vaxxed, but literally no-one wears a mask anymore, everything is open including schools and all NPI have been scrapped. Is it just down to the vast majority getting vaxxed between May and July preventing infections? Calm before the storm? Hospitalisations have doubled in the past month, but infections remained stable for weeks.

you’re running two months behind the USA for large vax pushes (USA in March/April) so you’re running two months behind when poo poo gets bad again (USA July/august)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/ThatcherThemko/status/1434032162475368453?s=20

https://twitter.com/samjohnsays/status/1434135433798168578?s=20

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I cant stop laughing at this. It's like precut for the eventual documentary

https://twitter.com/accnetwork/status/1433916233599143944?s=20

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

silicone thrills posted:

https://komonews.com/news/local/providence-to-use-temporary-morgues-at-two-hospitals-as-covid-deaths-surge

Providence to use temporary morgues at two hospitals as COVID deaths surge

Seems like this are gettin p bad

that percent of unvaccinated cases keeps going down and down. not a peep from most media, though. very shocked.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
pandemic of the vaccinated

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Milosh posted:

I am so sorry brother. Take care of yourself and your wife.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
declining efficacy of vax is obvious

Israel: well we better do something quick
US: Applebee’s!

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
woa 621 variant

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HoustonChron/status/1434246157820207111?s=20

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
umu

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

congrats to covid on becoming endemic. joining the esteemed level of obesity and gun violence. simply nothing to be done about any of these. they're endemic, shut the gently caress up

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

can one of htese loving epidemiologists tell me just where covid is on the chart

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

pretty cool to see the concerted effort by mass media to condition people to expect there’s no other altervative to fixing the pandemic than giving in.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pigz posted:

oh look the fox sports app now supports 4k on shield TV. Oh nice a Wisconsin vs Penn State football game. Oh poo poo what's the capacity of this stadium all these maskless people are sitting in. 80,321 you say. oh neat.

Man these are some nice images crisp 4k pictures of an unmitigated disaster. Well I did see two masks over the course of 3 quarters

I only saw one

not one mask in any of the 60 minutes of tv ads either

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at the last one

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Louisgod posted:

pretty cool to see the concerted effort by mass media to condition people to expect there’s no other altervative to fixing the pandemic than giving in.

allow us to walk you through a vision of a world where covid is endemic so we can prepare you to go back to work without a reality shock

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

kinda proud of Atlanta for holding the line

also lmao wealthy white north Atlanta metroplex went full chud, gently caress 'em

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Covid is way worse right now than it was last September and there are 100 or so completely packed college football stadiums today. Just lol.

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 4, 2021

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Apparently the lakes region in NH is a shitshow right now.

The state hasn’t reported hospital level data to HHS since 8/19 and bike week started 8/22, but my contacts in the area say there are Covid patients filling the hallways and that they’re hearing constant ambulances and helicopters.

The Lakes Region is where alot of the chud free staters live

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Thoguh posted:

Covid is way worse right now than it was last September and there are 100 or so completely packed college footy stadiums today. Just lol.

the gently caress is footy

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
loving lmao my station manager has been coughing and sounding like poo poo for three days, just now said he was leaving to get a rapid test

She goes around to every employee to give them their orders and sits at the desk people have to check in with at the end of the day

Only my respirator trust

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Thoguh posted:

Covid is way worse right now than it was last September and there are 100 or so completely packed college footy stadiums today. Just lol.

Labor Day Weekend, followed by Labored Breathing Month

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

the gently caress is footy

britspeak for soccer

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

this is so incredibly loving stupid lmao. I feel like I just crack pinged to a new level

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Milosh posted:

thanks goons.

we shall get max titered and try again.

Hope you all get the right support. Been through this even before the pandemic. They say to try again sooner rather than later, but take care of yourselves first!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

gay_crimes posted:

this is so incredibly loving stupid lmao. I feel like I just crack pinged to a new level

this pandemic really has brought too dumb to live to the next level

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gay_crimes posted:

Breathe with one lung open
Gripping your horse paste tight

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

silicone thrills posted:

LOL! LMAO!

we are all going to loving die

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Pillowpants posted:

Apparently the lakes region in NH is a shitshow right now.

The state hasn’t reported hospital level data to HHS since 8/19 and bike week started 8/22, but my contacts in the area say there are Covid patients filling the hallways and that they’re hearing constant ambulances and helicopters.

The Lakes Region is where alot of the chud free staters live

womp womp

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

silicone thrills posted:

hahahahahahahaha

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol lmao

may a thousand variants bloom

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

silicone thrills posted:

dang, they tryin to beat Seung-Hui Cho's record?

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
the sec variant gonna compete hard with the big 12 one

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

this is from today.

enter the sandman was so two days ago.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1434227610393972737?s=20

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
America has completely surrendered to COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Good Citizen posted:

dang, they tryin to beat Seung-Hui Cho's record?