Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Also you’ll wanna double up on the ear pro with plugs and muffs. Top Fuel is its own special brand of holy poo poo noise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://twitter.com/NASCAR/status/1431244186670534656

This is mad cute

Shame about Florida

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I grew up near where the Winternationals are held. My dad grew up street racing in LA during the 60s so we spent a lot of time there.

One year in high school my auto shop class got to go on a non-race day where teams were practicing. Two Top Fuel pit crews held an engine building contest from block to running. We were no more than 15 feet from both engines. When they both started up and that nitromethane hit us I’ll never forget the sensation of it.

An image I’ll always carry with me is a bunch of 15 year olds giggling like school girls with tears streaking down our faces while high-fiving each other.

That’s a lot longer than I expected so thank you for attending my TED Talk.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I just left the Daytona Flea Market which is the go to for NASCAR souvenirs in a normal year. There were only two tents and both of them were locals, but it turns out the one guy's cousin is Colby Howard, who drives for JD Motorsports.

As I walked up to that tent, Colby was there and some starry-eyed seven or eight year old with a big smile on his face had just bought/been given (not sure) his diecast and was going to get it signed and get a picture with him.

Colby was super cool about it and, even if he doesn't accomplish anything in the sport, he's made a fan for life and that kid is probably a bigger fan of NASCAR than he was before which reminds me of how I became a fan and God damnit I loving love this sport, thanks, I'll hang up and listen :unsmith:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

"I love July 4th and the tradition, but it's not sold out and it's been a challenge for the weather standpoint", O'Donnell said in a teleconference.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
classic Steve OD blaming the sky gods while his people take a leave of absence to face dog abuse felonies

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If they would start summer races in FL at noon they would probably get them in, starting them at 3 or 7 is just asking for rain outs.

seventimessix
Jul 18, 2011
I know some people may not like it because "Waaaa team orders" but i found seeing the Kaulig cars work together to get the lead then run to the finish line 3 wide incredibly impressive and cool.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I've always loved teamwork at a plate track, DEI used to be amazing to watch when they would drop to the back, test a run to the front, drop to the back, etc.

Today was a perfect balance of team orders/cooperation and competition for an organization like that, I'd say.

I love superspeedways. :buddy:

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Kaulig is lit. Having Chastain and Dinger's wins as my favorite, I'm starting to like Haley and pretty much love seeing the team working together or just doing well individually. Up and coming teams with that kind of trajectory are extremely my poo poo in a sport usually dominated by a handful of top teams. Getting to see A.J. win at the Indy road course in a cup car was awesome as well.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

seventimessix posted:

I know some people may not like it because "Waaaa team orders" but i found seeing the Kaulig cars work together to get the lead then run to the finish line 3 wide incredibly impressive and cool.

"Team orders" is F1-style "Valtteri, it's James..." bullshit like "Pull over and let your teammate pass for the win because ~~ChAmPiOnShIp ImPlIcAtIoNs~~" or "Go spin out because our top driver needs a caution to make the Chase". That was just good old-fashioned plate track teamwork; nothing wrong with that.

dennyk fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 28, 2021

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

yeah coopetition on a restrictor plate track until the last lap is all good imo

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i fuckin hate dale jarrett

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

as long as the last lap is crazy i don't give a gently caress who wins

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

nevermind if hamlin wins i'm gonna scream myself to sleep in the backyard

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm all for the more the merrier in NASCAR when it comes to teams.

Rick Ware should only have two.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if i'm rcr right now i love my chances to make the playoffs

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Alright, lets go McDowell, it's your time to get the championship!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/maxpapis/status/1432527017333993472?s=19

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

No idea Max was a moron as well. That sucks, he's a great driver to watch.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i have bad news about 99% of race car drivers

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mad Max noooooooo :smith:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Another driver goes into the "used to like" column

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

More like Max Poophisself

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Papis was into the Chinese lab leak poo poo before the US started shutting down, I think because he didn't want it to be called the Milan virus, but yeah not surprised

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

kidcoelacanth posted:

i have bad news about 99% of race car drivers

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

Papis was into the Chinese lab leak poo poo before the US started shutting down, I think because he didn't want it to be called the Milan virus, but yeah not surprised

Papis has been on that poo poo for years now. Since 2016 at least.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

There’s trouble at Denny’s

https://twitter.com/theracingplug/status/1433198939327528962?s=21

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

People have been hinting all week that a driver's affair/cheating was about to blow up and then today that Joe Gibbs was about to have a PR disaster. Huh.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Waffle House was always the answer.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
good to see 23XI having owners aligned in their personal values

"drat wonder how much NASCAR is going to fine carl long for this"

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 2, 2021

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I always figured most athletes had some kind of informal agreement in place that they would probably be cheating while they're on the road. I'm always shocked when I find out the spouse wasn't in on it. Hopefully it is just cheating.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

chamois posted:

I always figured most athletes had some kind of informal agreement in place that they would probably be cheating while they're on the road. I'm always shocked when I find out the spouse wasn't in on it. Hopefully it is just cheating.

IKR? I’ve heard plenty of rumors about Peyton Manning from people around Indy, so yeah that wouldn’t surprise me at all. It’s pretty much a given if you’re a high-profile celebrity, people are going to be throwing themselves at you left and right.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

chamois posted:

Like, if you're even gonna have a shot at competing on that level you have to have already started down the road well before entering the dating scene so why would you enter a long term relationship with someone who's not down to share? When I see athlete cheating scandals, I see someone who made incredibly dumb choices about selecting a life partner.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

If it were me, I would be pissed that my idiot jock husband got caught because then you have to be like "we're praying for god to heal our relationship" and poo poo instead of just vibing

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Has anyone been to the Charlotte roval? I talked to someone who said the view from GM tower was not worth the price they charge there. Is Ford above the suites the real primo seats? Is Grand National good?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Dale Jarrett, Dale Jr. and Kyle Petty have to be better than what's going on so far

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I feel like Junior would be a good analyst without Burton and Letarte. NBC’s coverage is just horrible all around, the lead guy is the worst racing announcer I’ve ever heard.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Douchebag posted:

I feel like Junior would be a good analyst without Burton and Letarte. NBC’s coverage is just horrible all around, the lead guy is the worst racing announcer I’ve ever heard.

Dale Jr's contract with NBC requires Steve Letarte be on the broadcast team. Can't remember which episode of the Download he revealed that on, but it was from sometime earlier this year.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm all for the more the merrier in NASCAR when it comes to teams.

Rick Ware should only have two.

This is getting to be Evergreen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

wow, honestly impressive that Kyle said "it wasn't the #3's fault"