Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

Like oops your kids have off, but you're stuck in the house with them because it's a bazillion degrees, all the water has no-swim warnings because of flood contamination, and the air is filled with smoke from wildfires on the other side of the country. Better luck next year!

Please don’t doxx my weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I didn't snap until we gave up and it was all for nothing.

And Israel number is pretty concerning.

Am I a chud now?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Paradoxish posted:

Nah, because nobody really cares about death as it turns out. Wild fires, floods, hurricanes, and general climate-induced weather poo poo will be a much bigger deal because they aren't ignorable and they're going to directly affect people's lives beyond just killing their neighbors or parents.

I already know people who have been complaining almost non-stop that high temperatures, humidity, and rain just completely ruined summer for them this year. Like more whining than I heard all year last year. People are gonna start crack pinging hard as summer goes from the "fun" season to the "death" season in lots of areas.

Weather death for summer, flu death for winter

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

mask mandates are back on base

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i remember in july 2020 when we were talking about how covid would have to individually hit people and their families for people to start taking it seriously

and how instead it's going to be retroactive justification and doubling down so people don't have to deal with the thought that they're directly or indirectly responsible for killing their families

i really wanted to ask how many of those trips out he would trade for another month with her. but that would have been way too mean when he was talking about how lonely he is, and how his son still asks about her.

i also didn't bother asking how his or his kid's infections went, maybe next time i see him.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Steve Yun posted:

It’s the μ normal

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rubby posted:

HELLO FRIENDS

Since my unemployment runs out tomorrow and nobody at any level of government has talked about extending it COVID MUST WELL AND TRULY BE OVER!!

If you want to celebrate labor day with a capitalism - buy shirt here: :siren::siren::siren:https://rubby.threadless.com/designs/open-biden/mens/t-shirt/regular?variation=front&color=black:siren::siren::siren:

It is also available as a Greeting card! or a ....zip pouch ...I don't know why, that's super loving weird BUT IT MAKES AN INCREDIBLE GIFT FOR THE BRUNCH LIB IN YOUR LIFE to acknowledge and celebrate that COVID IS OVER

I am INCREDIBLY EXCITED to GET BACK OUT THERE secure in the knowledge that there is not a much more transmissible variant floating about and that our miracle vaccines will SAVE THE DAY no this is NOT me having a mental break PRAISE BE TO OPEN BIDEN

that'd make a good rear end button

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Got my third Pfizer this morning and it's actually not as bad as shot number 2 yet, but we'll see where I land tomorrow

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

crepeface posted:

american dickheads commenting on the australian situation with no loving idea infuriates me. idiot hell fuckers.

Same but Brexiteer dickheads with no loving idea.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Mayor Dave posted:

Got my third Pfizer this morning and it's actually not as bad as shot number 2 yet, but we'll see where I land tomorrow

:hfive:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

how about a sunscreen mandate, that kind of exposure isn't great day after day either

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

NickPancakes posted:

if you're not playing with OpenXCom, get on it

didn’t even know about it until after I started this last play through. I’m going to try Plague Inc. after this and then Open X-Com. it’s good eh?

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

Ice Phisherman posted:

What is the brain fog equivalent of covid caused erectile dysfunction?

brain fog

its right there

"doc i think i got a case of the ole...brain fog" * winks, eyebrow raises a lot *

* doctor, who gets it, smiling * "nice"

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Steve Yun posted:

Bottle of fake tan and a q-tip, that'll buff right out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Helith posted:

unmasked and unvaxxed in a job where he was supposed to be both

No, requiring that would have been sensible. Of course NSW did the dumbest thing possible:

quote:

Patient Zero in the Sydney outbreak was a limo driver in his 60s who caught it from a passenger. He was neither vaccinated, wearing a mask nor being tested regularly - and he didn't need to under the rules at the time.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-57647413

But yes, the fact that he got pinged months later for breaking the mask mandate during an outbreak shows that he's also a massive tool

Edit: there were guidelines in place but the police and health department couldn't agree who should have been enforcing them and in the end they agreed they weren't actually enforceable, so the state government tightened the rules after the metaphorical horse had bolted:
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ed-covid-orders

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 5, 2021

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Steve Yun posted:

mask whining, real tough sons of bitches

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hillary 2024 posted:

Bottle of fake tan and a q-tip, that'll buff right out.

It's a TikTok filter :ssh:

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Asproigerosis posted:

There is a patient in the icu with vaccine induced myocarditis turned NSTEMI that is probably not going to make it.

The antivaxxers were right :tinfoil:

ah poo poo. that’s awful. younger male?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Paradoxish posted:

Like oops your kids have off, but you're stuck in the house with them because it's a bazillion degrees, all the water has no-swim warnings because of flood contamination, and the air is filled with smoke from wildfires on the other side of the country. Better luck next year!

Better keep voting Liberal otherwise how can they fix this mess.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/03/miles-teller-covid-anti-vax-godfather-the-offer/

LOL

quote:

Miles Teller isn't exactly the good guy in most of the movies he features in, and well, it turns out he might not have been acting.

Teller, star of the forthcoming Paramount+ series "The Offer," has tested positive for COVID, the Daily Mail reports. Teller, who is allegedly against vaccinations, has thus brought production of the show on the making of "The Godfather" movies to a halt, according to the Mail.

A source told the outlet, "Miles Teller is not vaccinated. He wouldn't even get the test. Now he's brought the virus to the set and the whole set had to shut down." However, Teller's publicist disputed the claim, telling the Mail their facts were "incorrect" but declining to say more.

"Out of an abundance of caution, we have temporarily halted production . . . We will continue to follow all safety protocols and monitor the situation closely," a spokesperson for Paramount Television Studios told Deadline over the weekend. The Mail's report potentially sheds new light on what caused this halt in production.

In "The Offer," Teller plays Al Ruddy, the filmmaker behind the "Godfather" movies in a dramatized portrayal of Ruddy's behind-the-camera work. The allegedly COVID-positive star actually took over the role of Ruddy from Armie Hammer earlier this year, shortly after several women accused Hammer of rape and sexual misconduct. Giovanni Ribisi, Collin Hanks, Matthew Goode, Juno Temple and Dan Fogler are also cast in the project.

The "Whiplash" star's alleged anti-vax stance is just the latest in a cesspool of celebrity drama around COVID and the vaccine. Last month, Jennifer Aniston stoked the ire of anti-vaxxers when she recounted ending friendships over the vaccine with people who endangered others by refusing to get it. Around the same time that Aniston interview came out, country music legend Carrie Underwood stoked controversy by "liking" a tweet that condemned mask mandates on Twitter.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

I have an appointment tomorrow, apparently, for shot # 3. Last shot was on 4/20, so I feel like I might be jumping the gun a bit. Last shot was at the county fair grounds in Ohio, this one is going to be a retail pharmacy in Washington state and involves a hell of a lot more paperwork. I miss queueing up like cattle for my 'free shot no questions asked' already. Hope my weird arm lesions that I never bothered to find out about lend credence to my being immunocompromised. America!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Fireside Nut posted:

didn’t even know about it until after I started this last play through. I’m going to try Plague Inc. after this and then Open X-Com. it’s good eh?

I loved the little flash game that Plague Inc was based on, but now I can't get into the game at all. It's way too unrealistic, on every level. The rules of its reality are too different from ours, and I can't deal with that in a simulation. Like saying Oblivion is a realistic physics game, while having stacks of plates develop resonance wobbles and explode all over the room after touching them.

The magic is ruined because nothing in the real world played out like those simulations. It would be way too easy for the virus side to have human give up at an accelerating rate after a few weeks, but global lock down for 3 years? hahahahahaha, tell me another fairy tale, grandma.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Does America have to send a formal surrender to every covid variant or does giving up to one count for all the others? Seems like that could create some paperwork in the future

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

So honest question, is there some technical definition of "endemic" that I'm not aware of?

Because if you have a disease that's endemic to the whole world and in a state of constant outbreaks how is that not actually just a pandemic

It means Re=1, on average, in the entire population, over some arbitrary period of time. Covid is not endemic, it's one pandemic death wave after another.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

thank you! its easier to share a pdf

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

jetz0r posted:

i was talking with someone today, i've known him and his gf/wife casually for like 8 years. they had a kid a few years ago. his wife is a nurse of some sort, i think physical therapy.

he was talking about how at the start of the pandemic, he was trying to be a little cautious about stuff, but she was not going to stop going out. she would tell him that she was going to the bar and he could either come with her or not. she dealt with covid all day at work and didn't want to think about it after work. so they'd go out to places because she couldn't stop going out to dinner, bars, and events.

she died of covid 3 months ago.

I'm an introvert. It's a piece of cake for me to avoid people. My partner is an extrovert. She was willing to play it safe until she got vaccinated. After that, I have had a hard time talking her out of going places and doing things un-masked. Her lungs are already damaged because both her parents smoked indoors. She knows this, she knows the risks, she believes all the doomer data I show her, she isn't a succlib or a chud, but she's insistent that she must hang out with people or she'll go insane. And she might be right. She's had some serious breakdowns during all this.

I work in a university dining hall that opens for full indoor, sit down, take your mask off and spread this aerosolized virus all over the building in a matter of days.

If I'm not posting in a month, I'm dead.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Animal-Mother posted:

If I'm not posting in a month, I'm dead.

lol 0wned

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

text editor posted:

how about a sunscreen mandate, that kind of exposure isn't great day after day either

i hope they do it then chuds will get skin cancer to own the libs

Hillary 2024 posted:

Same but Brexiteer dickheads with no loving idea.

the only things i know about brexit are from the uk cspam thread and also that it is very funny

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

LionArcher posted:

this is from today.

enter the sandman was so two days ago.

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1434227610393972737?s=20

Chudstool sports

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Wow very easy narrative for the even lib media to follow and yet….both sides

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Steve Yun posted:

This is a tiktok filter

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

lol yup

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Atrocious Joe posted:

very confused about Liz Bruenigs stance between this and the horse paste article

also wtf. you can do both

https://twitter.com/MonicaGandhi9/status/1433815160582381577?s=20
https://twitter.com/MonicaGandhi9/status/1433824258321383435?s=20

Hmm yes, everything is absolutely packed, hospitals and supply chains are collapsing but have we considered that vaccinated people are too scared?

Also lol on shifting the goalposts to 'well *asymptomatic* vaccinated spread doesn't happen except when it does'

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Paradoxish posted:

Nah, because nobody really cares about death as it turns out. Wild fires, floods, hurricanes, and general climate-induced weather poo poo will be a much bigger deal because they aren't ignorable and they're going to directly affect people's lives beyond just killing their neighbors or parents.

I already know people who have been complaining almost non-stop that high temperatures, humidity, and rain just completely ruined summer for them this year. Like more whining than I heard all year last year. People are gonna start crack pinging hard as summer goes from the "fun" season to the "death" season in lots of areas.

I enjoy cheering those folks up by reminding them this might be the coolest summer we'll have for the rest of our lives.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

crepeface posted:

i hope they do it then chuds will get skin cancer to own the libs

the only things i know about brexit are from the uk cspam thread and also that it is very funny

gotta say that every family member and friend that I’ve sent TimTams to back in the UK has asked that very question

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

tim tams are o.k.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
If bad things were happening surely the CDC would be saying something about it!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
every morning I wake up and do an open palm Tim tam slam

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Just pull a US and manufacture them locally :colbert:

(and then stop because Americans are heathens)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I got tim tams during some SA candy exchange thread where I traded 50 dollars of candy to some bloke in AUS. That was pretty cool but I'm too lazy now for something like that now.